• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did Jesus' return happen in 1st century?

I'm sorry that you are equating me to Arial - I have directed my conversation toward scripture and not toward you personally - not in any way condescending in my responses to you.
Condescending: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
Patronizing: apparently kind or helpful but betraying a feeling of superiority.

Check yourself next time you metaphorically stand in front of a blackboard like a fourth grade teacher giving a lesson in grammar, in order to support the unsupportable. Check yourself next time you post something like your above post against someone, with no scripture in sight.

If you are someone who still believes that Jesus Christ is still coming back, that people are going to hell in a hand basket, that the devil is still running around and demons, and everything like that.

I love you for who you are, you have the right and freedom to believe these things.

The purpose of this was to get people to think about what they are saying and talking about, many people simply discredit all of Jesus and his promises of coming back, they say it is impossible for him to have come back to those people who were part of the bride in 70ad, and Jesus having the victory over all things.
I do not discredit Jesus and his promise of coming back - I know he is coming back; he just hasn't yet.
I love, and hope for the best of each and everyone of you in your life while you have GOd with you in your life, you're forgiven, and that you are made right with God by faith in Jesus who makes you right with God.
Thank you.

Condescending: having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority.
Patronizing: apparently kind or helpful but betraying a feeling of superiority.

Check yourself next time you metaphorically stand in front of a blackboard like a fourth grade teacher giving a lesson in grammar, in order to support the unsupportable. Check yourself next time you post something like your above post against someone, with no scripture in sight.
Thank you for your lesson in grammar but you should have known that I knew what those words meant! :ROFLMAO: Words aren't and shouldn't be thrown about willy-nilly without meaning.

"with no scripture in sight" - I have read plenty of your post "with no scripture in sight".

Convictions based in truth empower a patient and loving response toward those who may have different perception of scripture. :)

Thank you for your lesson in grammar but you should have known that I knew what those words meant! :ROFLMAO: Words aren't and shouldn't be thrown about willy-nilly without meaning.
Word definitions aren't lessons in grammar. It was a willy nilly use of words when you accused me of being patronizing as that is a part of condescension. Also, you jumped to the conclusion that Matt was referring to condescension, when in actuality his comparing our methods of rebuttal may have been a compliment to you. He wouldn't have meant it as a compliment, because he dislikes disagreement (considers it not loving) but you immediately went to what you consider the worst part of me.
"with no scripture in sight" - I have read plenty of your post "with no scripture in sight".
And I am not the one who pointed out they only used scripture in their argument.
Convictions based in truth empower a patient and loving response toward those who may have different perception of scripture
Actually, that is called handling. Which is very condescending. I admit I have my own way of presenting arguments, and that most find it offensive, as they would rather they be handled and that others be handled also. That is often confused with love but is far from it. Last I checked, we all have our own personalities, and present ourselves according to our personalities, unless we are presenting a facade in order to be well thought of. At least be consistent and go scold and demean everyone who is aggressive in their approach against false teaching (which is usually seen as aggressiveness towards the person as people are so easily offended when they aren't handled), instead of only picking on me because I failed to handle you properly according to your standards. One would think I am the worst person on the forum, and at times have even been convinced that I am, so great is the condemnation of my way of being. Falling on me and no one else.

Over and out.

It doesn't matter what people do or say @Arial.

The point is to know who you are in Christ, and though people may debate and disagree over certain topics like Eschatology, Baptism, Resurrection and things like that it is best to just offer what one can do is offer what they can offer to help, if it is taken great, if it is not taken that is okay too.

All of us are awful in our flesh nothing good dwells in it, but the one a believer has is Christ with-in them, the only one that gives the spirit and life to us which is a great thing.

The biggest thing for Christians to do, is to love even despite disagreements... as of this thread it is about Eschatology - the things pertaining to the end, and not everyone is very interested in the subject but are far better at other subjects than this one in particular.

Anyway, the best to each of all of you.

It doesn't matter what people do or say @Arial.

The point is to know who you are in Christ, and though people may debate and disagree over certain topics like Eschatology, Baptism, Resurrection and things like that it is best to just offer what one can do is offer what they can offer to help, if it is taken great, if it is not taken that is okay too.

All of us are awful in our flesh nothing good dwells in it, but the one a believer has is Christ with-in them, the only one that gives the spirit and life to us which is a great thing.

The biggest thing for Christians to do, is to love even despite disagreements... as of this thread it is about Eschatology - the things pertaining to the end, and not everyone is very interested in the subject but are far better at other subjects than this one in particular.

Anyway, the best to each of all of you.
😇

There are other senses in which Jesus did come back and help the church in Acts, sometimes in person. But these were not the return described in the universal-set parts of Mt24, etc, Thess letters, Heb 9, I Cor 15, and the end of the Rev after the long reign of Christ.

There are other senses in which Jesus did come back and help the church in Acts, sometimes in person. But these were not the return described in the universal-set parts of Mt24, etc, Thess letters, Heb 9, I Cor 15, and the end of the Rev after the long reign of Christ.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:11
“Behold,[fn] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:7
“Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:12
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

Still waiting for a return that was going to happen quickly.

Whatever you want to believe is between you and God, my decision is to live by faith that Jesus Christ had already came back to that bride of the early church.

Note: By Faith. So for me, everything has been fulfilled in Christ, and I believe the fulfillment came with the destruction of Israel in divorcement of material religion into the newness of living by the Spirit, being part of the Heavenly Realm by faith in Christ Jesus.

Thank you for sharing.

it is threatening to your soul after death..you are walking the wide road.

Blade

That is just your opinion Bladerunner.

My relationship with God is fine in and through the Lord Jesus Christ who makes us right with God, that we can have peace with God.

Hope you are understanding, that I believe everything has been completed by Jesus in faith.

Something I never seen happen I have confidence that it did happen, however many people don’t have this type of faith of Jesus Christ having victory.

That is not my fault; it is sad though most do not.

Is there anything else you would like to add here to this thread?

Thank you for commenting.

Back