• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did Jesus' return happen in 1st century?

That guy is dangerous, preying on the weak and vulnerable like cowardly, greedy, egomaniacal, predators do. Using the name of Jesus but nothing about His person and work. Blaspheming the Holy Spirit by saying that his work and teachings are that of the Holy Spirit. Plus he said he could prove that Jesus has already returned (the basis for his entire cult) then didn't mention it again.

Hey grace thank you commenting and sharing your views, that is fine you believe just like probably countless of other people. Hope you have had a good day today. I could go and try to present cases but I still have a lot of studying to do.
I just watched the video GA posted. You parrot everything Shawn says. He tells you what to say and you say it. Do you know why brainwashing is called brainwashing? Think about it. Get out while there is still time. Find the real Jesus. You have a book that tells you who He is. But you can't understand it in any way but the way you have been told. Forget about the lie that He has returned. Forget about Shawn. Forget about end times for now, and simply read about Jesus. Start in Matthew and work your way through it. Find out who He is and what He did, why He did it and how. I will pray for the eyes of your understanding to be opened.

I just watched the video GA posted. You parrot everything Shawn says. He tells you what to say and you say it. Do you know why brainwashing is called brainwashing? Think about it. Get out while there is still time. Find the real Jesus. You have a book that tells you who He is. But you can't understand it in any way but the way you have been told. Forget about the lie that He has returned. Forget about Shawn. Forget about end times for now, and simply read about Jesus. Start in Matthew and work your way through it. Find out who He is and what He did, why He did it and how. I will pray for the eyes of your understanding to be opened.

Hello, Shawn is my friend and brother in Christ, you may not have known that but he is.

Hope you have had a good day, as you are a female that makes you my Sister in Christ, and everyone else who is a believer, it is awesome that as human beings we can be connected with a family of believers here on earth, and in hopes of being together with those believers who had passed from here in the afterlife.

When it comes to Jesus, I have read the Gospels. I enjoy reading the Bible, I have read the Gospels at least twice or so, and I like to even read the Bible now today. Good things when you get into the word, very helpful and mind renewing. :)

Right but I am from earth.
Jesus is not coming to planet Earth anytime soon. Did you know that compass-rose directions used in cruder instruments called astrolabes? The magnetic compass didn't exist back then.

There is no word for globe in Hebrew or Greek; if I am not mistaken.

Also @Arial

This is me, doing studying on Gospel of Mark, but stopped due to issues in life, would love to get back to doing this but still dealing with a little bit of stress, along with smoking the pot (which you can buy at stores now - and people at my work smoke - I really need to be sober when doing teachings, not all high). Have had relapse for the past 2 months now.

Anyway, these are from 1 year ago.

This above is an actual job in my opinion it is so much work, so much thought to think about when it comes to Jesus, and what he states and what he says, and what is to be recalled upon from the Old Testament and the fulfillment of Him and just so many amazing beautiful truths to look into see and find in my opinion, and the Jews and Gentiles, and Scribes, and Pharisees and the people of so long ago in the very dawn of the early ADs, but due to also all the work, this right here is straight a job a good job and a well meaning full and life changing job, by the spirit. :)

Jesus is not coming to planet Earth anytime soon. Did you know that compass-rose directions used in cruder instruments called astrolabes? The magnetic compass didn't exist back then.
No, but the sun still rose in the east and set in the west.
There is no word for globe in Hebrew or Greek; if I am not mistaken.
Pythagoras proposed a spherical planet some 500 years before Christ. Although he did it out the idea that the sphere was a perfect shape rather than hard scientific evidence. It wasn't until some 200 years or so later that Aristotle came up with scientific evidence. They didn't use the word globe, they used the word sphaîra from whence we get our sphere.

Edom, was a place in the BC Era?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edom

Edomites are related in several ancient sources including the Tanakh, a list of the Egyptian pharaoh Seti I from c. 1215 BC as well as in the chronicle of a campaign by Ramesses III (r. 1186–1155 BC).[5]Archaeological investigation has shown that the nation flourished between the 13th and the 8th century BC and was destroyed after a period of decline in the 6th century BC by the Babylonians.[5]

@EarlyActs,

What are you specifically referring to? Considering what that I am not sure what it is you are speaking about or how you believe it may be for today? Though will say I believe everyone has their judgement when they die from this life.

If you can't find an explanation of the judgement of God for the Jew first and then for the gentile in Rom 2, I'm not sure what to do. Have you read it?

In Acts 17, the speech Paul gives to the Aeropagus ends by saying that the resurrection proves that God has set a date on which he will judge the nations. The reason that is true is because of Ps 2 and 110. The Son is honored by being raised from the dead and then the Father/Lord crushes his enemies.

Back