• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?

If the Gospels and Acts were written pre 70 AD, then it would simply mean that the destruction of the Temple hadn’t happened yet and suggests that they weren’t aware of any connection between that event and Jesus’ prophecy. If they were written after then either they weren’t aware of a connection or they were aware and missed a golden opportunity to say that what Jesus prophesied had happened.

What will the world look like after Jesus returns? If he returned in 70 AD then it looks like it has from 70 AD to the present and, presumably, will always look like going forward. I don’t think that fits well with what the OT prophets envisioned.

And if preterism dates to c. 1600 AD, then how does that nix casting doubt on preterism?
Mattathias said:
"If Luke was written as early as 60 AD then it’s easy to see why he doesn’t identify / connect the prophecy given by Jesus as the Roman destruction of the Temple - it hadn’t happened yet. If he wrote after 70 AD then we are left with the same question we have about Matthew - why doesn’t he mention it?"

Mattathias said:
"If Luke was written as early as 60 AD then it’s easy to see why he doesn’t identify / connect the prophecy given by Jesus as the Roman destruction of the Temple - it hadn’t happened yet. If he wrote after 70 AD then we are left with the same question we have about Matthew - why doesn’t he mention it?"

I did. Where are you going with it?

Mattathias said:
Luke by most records was written around 35 AD. It had not happened yet.....John wrote Rev. around 96 AD and did not mention it...Keeping in mind that Jesus is the author of all words in the Bible.

Blade

Luke by most records was written around 35 AD. It had not happened yet.....John wrote Rev. around 96 AD and did not mention it...Keeping in mind that Jesus is the author of all words in the Bible.

Blade
Peter and John were just about inseparable.
So when Paul went and stayed with Peter 15 days after his time in Damascus and Arabia, where was John?
Let's think about it.
Herod Antipas killed John's brother, James.
Since it was custom not to cutoff an Israelite's bloodline, (Zebedee) I reckon that was when John was banished to Patmos.
When Paul went back 14 years later, John was there.
I reckon Agrippa II let him loose sometime later.
As you can see I'm offering a different time line for the writing of Revelation.
All you have to go on is Catholic traditions which in my opinion are sorely lacking in the face of actual scriptural evidence.

Why should we still be waiting?
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

So again, why are we still waiting?
Yep.
Like, why you guys standin' here lookin' up?
This same Jesus will return just as he's leavin'.

I reckon that means rising. :)

King James Bible
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Definitely seems to be future.

None of the usual suspects ---- Titus, Nero, etc. ------ showed signs and wonders that would make the world think they were a god, nor were they killed by the breath of the Lord at His coming when the faithful are gathered together with Him.
Josephus wrote of Angels and chariots in the clouds as well as voices and strange events happening at the time Eleazar, son of Ananias the high priest, took over the Temple and used it for a fort against the Romans.
Come 70 AD, watch ya reckon happened to him?

Blade

35 AD is an extremely early dating for the Gospel of Luke. Where do you find scholars arguing for it?

If his Gospel was written any time prior to 70 AD then there is no conclusive evidence that he had 70 AD in mind as the date for the second coming of Jesus. If his Gospel was written after 70 AD and he thought that is when the second coming of Jesus occurred, then we are left with the question of why he neglected to say so.

The dating you offer for John is very reasonable.

I don’t agree with the assertion that Jesus is the author of all words in the Bible.

Thank you for your comment. Patrick Jane.

Use NASB1970, NLT, KJV.

When sharing scripture just grab off biblegateway. Desire to get hands on a YLT one day; I believe that everyone after this life will receive a reward that is given by God because all people will be resurrected; and due to my belief in the fulfilment of all things. Some simply will be outside of the kingdom of God while some are inside.

Everyone will be given reward based on a God who never changes; who is not a respecter of people ; as in one over the other. That is my own thoughts on the matter. I believe that all people have been saved from their sins now but not all people have been saved to the kingdom of Heaven due to their faithlessness though they will receive an spiritual body after this life as well, but it will be different than believers though still spiritual. God is love; and never changes.
I would think as a new creation which believers are as sons of God (the generation or beginning of Christ) there will be none on the outside (the genraration of Adam) .

Believers as the generation of Christ are the living temple made not with human hands . . Human hands the generation of Adam .Only Sons of God will rise up on the last day and receive the promised new bodies . Its appointed for all to die once . . some do not rise.

Revelation21:22-27 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Hi Mr G Lee-

Please take a minute to say hello and introduce yourself...

Hi sorry . My name is Gary. I was drawn towards the unseen things of God around the age of 33 years, 39 years ago. I am 72 married and have 6 children, two step a blended family .I worked in a non union foundry for 35 years in most departments with 25 years as a maintenance electrician .

I have a desire as a apologist to defend the faith of Christ which I believe works in myself to defend his power or integrity of his living word ,

I have been visiting message boards (10 years) in a hope of finding way to search out the gospel understanding hid in the historical witness. A desire for looking to the foundation of words because of my experience it seem many words have had new meaning attached to the taking away the foundation of the word .Which could end up like the tower of Babble.

LOL Like. . Its your thang. . do what you want to do who are we tell others who to sock it to.

Take away the foundation as to the meaning of a word . .create plagiarism and violate the law not to. Deuteronomy 4:2

I am looking forward in a hope bring unity under the armor of God and hearing other opinions .

35 AD is an extremely early dating for the Gospel of Luke. Where do you find scholars arguing for it?

If his Gospel was written any time prior to 70 AD then there is no conclusive evidence that he had 70 AD in mind as the date for the second coming of Jesus.
Luke
King James Bible
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Isaiah
King James Bible
And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee.

Back