• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?

Any will do.
Try not to quote the so called patristic fathers.
However I will accept the epistle of Clement to the Corinthians.
Study up.
Then come back.
Well, if that is the only source you will accept, there is no need of me as you put it "studying up".

Blade

Any will do.
Try not to quote the so called patristic fathers.
However I will accept the epistle of Clement to the Corinthians.
Study up.
Then come back.
Apologise for the delay, I have so much info, it takes time to just find what I am looking for.

The Gospel of Matthew: In 1994 the Magnus Papyrus (p64) containing segments of Matthew 26:23, 31 was dated prior to 66. The research on this papyrus was done by 'Carsten Peter Thiede, then Director of the Institute for Basic Epistemological Research in Paderborn'

It appears that most if not all of the synoptic Gospels were available from the original material around 50 AD..

Blade

Well, if that is the only source you will accept, there is no need of me as you put it "studying up".

Blade
by the way, you keep asking me when the dates are but I don't see you putting forth any dates for agreement or rebuttal.....this works both ways.

Blade

My friend,, you seem to think that History does not could...There is History written outside of the Catholic Papcy. By all Historical (not Catholic) records, John wrote Revelation around 96AD....

Blade
Yeppers.

It was from the earlier writings of the 5 treatises (Memoirs) of Hegesippus that Eusebius states that John was banished to Patmos during the reign of Domitian.

The Temple had already been destroyed at least 10 years before Domitian began his rule.
Domitian’s reign was from 81 AD - 96AD.

We also have Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon, born and raised in Smyrna (a city of one of the 7 churches Revelation was written to), a disciple of Polycarp who was a disciple of John wrote in his book Against Heresies Book 5, Chapter 30, Section 3 that John saw his vision towards the end of Domitian's reign.

So we have 2 very early church fathers that specifically place the time of John's vision given him in Revelation at the end of Domitian's reign.
Not to mention that there was a steady line of church fathers in the first 5 centuries did not dispute it.

We also have a later writing of Simeon Metaphrastes (lived 10th century) that wrote a book of saints and martyrs that states that Antipas of Revelation 2:13 (letter to Pergamos church) was burned alive in a bull shaped oven in Pergamos for his witness of Christ in 92AD during the reign of Domitian.

I have a NIV study bible, a gift from my cousin Sharon, a Pentecostal. I started reading again with that one, but I switched to the KJV and the word of God opened up to me like never before. I remember the excitement I felt, like a fire inside and a desire to do nothing but read God's words more and more. I need to get that fire back and get back in the words by reading the book here at hone instead of online.

My point though, is to say the study bible showed the approximate dates of every book in the Bible. I felt like they were accurate.

I love all of the online resources and being able to pull anything up in seconds, but I really love - when I want quiet time, to study and read, I really love to hold the book in my hands, to write in the margins and flip the onion skin pages....

Did I say anything about the Age of Jesus Christ. From my calculations, Jesus was born in 2-4 CE and died on April 6, 32AD. at the least he would be 34 and most He would be 36.

Blade
No, Iraneus did.
Then Sissy went right to him, lol.

by the way, you keep asking me when the dates are but I don't see you putting forth any dates for agreement or rebuttal.....this works both ways.

Blade
I reckon the gospels were written when the Apostles appointed Stephen and the guys to watch over the tables.

Acts 6:4 Context​

1And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. 2Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. 3Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. 4But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. 5And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: 6Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them. 7And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Revelation would have been written some time between Paul's 15 day visit to Peter (around 37 AD) and 14 years later when Paul returned and John was there. (51AD).
If we allow say 10 years for the Pergamos church to be formed that would place it between 47 and 51 AD.
Of course the Pergamos church could have been formed even earlier by folks who were scattered at the stoning of Stephen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeppers.

It was from the earlier writings of the 5 treatises (Memoirs) of Hegesippus that Eusebius states that John was banished to Patmos during the reign of Domitian.

The Temple had already been destroyed at least 10 years before Domitian began his rule.
Domitian’s reign was from 81 AD - 96AD.

We also have Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon, born and raised in Smyrna (a city of one of the 7 churches Revelation was written to), a disciple of Polycarp who was a disciple of John wrote in his book Against Heresies Book 5, Chapter 30, Section 3 that John saw his vision towards the end of Domitian's reign.

So we have 2 very early church fathers that specifically place the time of John's vision given him in Revelation at the end of Domitian's reign.
Not to mention that there was a steady line of church fathers in the first 5 centuries did not dispute it.

We also have a later writing of Simeon Metaphrastes (lived 10th century) that wrote a book of saints and martyrs that states that Antipas of Revelation 2:13 (letter to Pergamos church) was burned alive in a bull shaped oven in Pergamos for his witness of Christ in 92AD during the reign of Domitian.
oh your good.....

Blade

I reckon the gospels were written when the Apostles appointed Stephen and the guys to watch over the tables.

Acts 6:4 Context​

1And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. 2Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. 3Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. 4But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. 5And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: 6Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them. 7And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.

Revelation would have been written some time between Paul's 15 day visit to Peter (around 37 AD) and 14 years later when Paul returned and John was there. (51AD).
If we allow say 10 years for the Pergamos church to be formed that would place it between 47 and 51 AD.
Of course the Pergamos church could have been formed even earlier by folks who were scattered at the stoning of Stephen.
I am not going to dispute your belief....simple as that nor argue one way or the other. Our conversation is out there for the reader.

Have a great evening

Blade

Back