• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?

M

MatthewG

A second question ; Is it our faith that saves us; or is our choice to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that saves us?

1 John 4: 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.​
Numbers 23:19​
God is not human, that he should lie,​
not a human being, that he should change his mind.​
Does he speak and then not act?​
Does he promise and not fulfill?​
Romans 2 : 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

Above are descriptions of God.

Below are the following proof of the question.

1 Timothy 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.​
2 Cor 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.​

A second question ; Is it our faith that saves us; or is our choice to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ that saves us?

1 John 4: 7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.​
Numbers 23:19​
God is not human, that he should lie,​
not a human being, that he should change his mind.​
Does he speak and then not act?​
Does he promise and not fulfill?​
Romans 2 : 11 For there is no respect of persons with God.​

Above are descriptions of God.

Below are the following proof of the question.

1 Timothy 4:10 For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.​
2 Cor 5:19 namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.​
Yes, all of the world that believes in Jesus Christ, unbelievers may have another chance to believe and trust God but no unbeliever will be saved. Believers receive reconciliation. I'm going to suggest you use the KJV or the ESV to read and study. New King James Version is also OK.

Thank you for your comment. Patrick Jane.

Use NASB1970, NLT, KJV.

When sharing scripture just grab off biblegateway. Desire to get hands on a YLT one day; I believe that everyone after this life will receive a reward that is given by God because all people will be resurrected; and due to my belief in the fulfilment of all things. Some simply will be outside of the kingdom of God while some are inside.

Everyone will be given reward based on a God who never changes; who is not a respecter of people ; as in one over the other. That is my own thoughts on the matter. I believe that all people have been saved from their sins now but not all people have been saved to the kingdom of Heaven due to their faithlessness though they will receive an spiritual body after this life as well, but it will be different than believers though still spiritual. God is love; and never changes.

Thank you for your comment. Patrick Jane.

Use NASB1970, NLT, KJV.

When sharing scripture just grab off biblegateway. Desire to get hands on a YLT one day; I believe that everyone after this life will receive a reward that is given by God because all people will be resurrected; and due to my belief in the fulfilment of all things. Some simply will be outside of the kingdom of God while some are inside.

Everyone will be given reward based on a God who never changes; who is not a respecter of people ; as in one over the other. That is my own thoughts on the matter. I believe that all people have been saved from their sins now but not all people have been saved to the kingdom of Heaven due to their faithlessness though they will receive an spiritual body after this life as well, but it will be different than believers though still spiritual. God is love; and never changes.
You know the the promises for Israel are only for Israel, right? Unless one's ancestors are from the 12 Tribes, we are all Gentiles, and saved when we believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -

You know the the promises for Israel are only for Israel, right? Unless one's ancestors are from the 12 Tribes, we are all Gentiles, and saved when we believe 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV -
I'm wondering how you reconcile that view with Rom. 11 Patrick?
I mean, what promise are you relying on apart from the new covenant made with Israel? (Heb. 8:6-13)

Yes, all of the world that believes in Jesus Christ, unbelievers may have another chance to believe and trust God but no unbeliever will be saved. Believers receive reconciliation. I'm going to suggest you use the KJV or the ESV to read and study. New King James Version is also OK.

Out of all the English translations which are available to us today, why do you suggest KJV or ESV? Why do you say NKJV is OK? What in your view makes these translations the better alternatives?

I ask because I’ve just started taking an online course offered by Hillsdale College. The textbook for the course is Genesis: Translation and Commentary written by Robert Alter.

The author writes, I think provocatively,

”Why, after so many English versions, a new translation of Genesis? There is, as I shall explain in detail, something seriously wrong with all the familiar English translations, traditional and recent, of the Hebrew Bible.”

(p. ix)

I'm wondering how you reconcile that view with Rom. 11 Patrick?
I mean, what promise are you relying on apart from the new covenant made with Israel? (Heb. 8:6-13)
With Romans 11, I just assume the remnant is the minority and some are blinded. It is because Israel was blinded that the Gentiles were brought in. I'm not a covenant believer.

While it is true that the old testament was made with Israel, it would be wrong to say the new testament was made with the church.

The scripture cannot be clearer that the new testament was merely a replacement for the old made with the “house of Israel and with the house of Judah”.

“For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,…” – Hebrews 8:10 (quoting Jeremiah 31:33).

New Testament is not the Body of Christ

The answer is realizing that Christ did more than mediate for the new testament made with Israel, he also created a new creature called the church, the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27).

While both of Israel’s testaments speak prophetically of Christ, neither one speaks of the mystery of Christ to create this new creature where there is neither Jew nor Gentile. The mystery of Christ was kept secret since the world began, which means it was not contained in the covenants of promise made with Israel (Eph 3:4-5).

The new testament does not explain the creation of the mystery church, but it does guarantee that Israel will not cease to be a nation, which has little relevance to the hope of the church today.

“If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.” – Jeremiah 31:36

the new testament requires faith in the Messiah to be a partaker, but that is not all that it requires.

Remember, faith without works is dead for the new testament participant, because the laws of God are written in their heart and mind causing them to do them (Eze 36:27).

“…I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:…” – Heb 8:10
Rather than a lack of works testifying to dead faith, a lack of works today can testify to a strong faith in the power of Christ’s finished work for salvation.

New Testament and the Kingdom

It is said, “The new testament is the kingdom of God on earth.”

While this may be true, according to the promises of the new testament we are not living in that kingdom today.

“And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them,…” – Jer 31:34
Instead of not needing teachers, teachers of the Bible abound in trying to exposit the truths of scripture. Instead of all Israel knowing the Lord, the majority of Israel is still in unbelief.

All of Israel will not be saved and the new testament fulfilled until the kingdom is brought by the Lord from heaven.

“And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.” – Rom 11:26-27

No New Testament Christians Today

The new testament was not made with Gentiles, it does not describe Christ’s work for the church, it is a law covenant, and it is not being fulfilled today.

No believer today can be a new testament Christian if the Bible means what it says to whom it says it.

Meanwhile, the believer today should be more than excited to be a member of the body of Christ, saved by grace without works, not under the law, teaching the gospel of the grace of God to a religious world whose only hope is wrongly thinking they have a special covenant with God.

When it comes to that Patrick, it is believed in my heart everything is completed in the bible. People who have faith today live their life by living in the spirit; while also living in the flesh. People who do not have faith, can have the holy spirit around them but not in them. You can also say spirit of God/ spirit of Christ / Kingdom of God resides in believers now today on earth.

I believe everything in the bible from white throne judgement to hell being empty is over, and even Jesus Christ second coming has done happened.

When it comes to that Patrick, it is believed in my heart everything is completed in the bible. People who have faith today live their life by living in the spirit; while also living in the flesh. People who do not have faith, can have the holy spirit around them but not in them. You can also say spirit of God/ spirit of Christ / Kingdom of God resides in believers now today on earth.

I believe everything in the bible from white throne judgement to hell being empty is over, and even Jesus Christ second coming has done happened.

Following his warning not to believe people who say that Christ is here or there, Jesus said -

“For just as the lightening comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather. But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.”

(Matthew 24:27-31, NASB)

When do you think his second coming, as described by him in these verses, occurred?

At the destruction of Jerusalem 70ad - to that Generation which Jesus Christ had spoken about.

At the destruction of Jerusalem 70ad - to that Generation which Jesus Christ had spoken about.
Where is it recorded, Bible or otherwise, that this happened?

THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

It was predicted by Jesus Christ himself; if you do not believe that it is okay. No judgement here. I personally believe we do not no longer live in the new testament Age and that age was fulfilled.

Back