• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?

I have a NIV study bible, a gift from my cousin Sharon, a Pentecostal. I started reading again with that one, but I switched to the KJV and the word of God opened up to me like never before. I remember the excitement I felt, like a fire inside and a desire to do nothing but read God's words more and more. I need to get that fire back and get back in the words by reading the book here at hone instead of online.

My point though, is to say the study bible showed the approximate dates of every book in the Bible. I felt like they were accurate.
Jumping in here off topic to tell you of a really good study Bible, that is exhaustive in the content it contains, and that is the Reformation Study Bible. Don't let the title throw you off, you can ignore or disagree with whatever you want, but the resources within it are super. I have the NKJV. I also have the ESV but it does not have all the material that the NKJ does. It is not one you want to carry to church!. In the table of contents it has all the theological notes listed by topic and page number. The chapter notes are the best most though I have ever seen as are the book introductions. In the back it has articles on Apologetics, The Bible in Church History, The Bible vs. Other Sacred Texts, Canonicity, Covenant Theology, Creed and Confessions, Hermeneutics, The Inerrancy of Holy Scripture, Interpreting Scripture by Scripture, New Testament Textual Criticism, OT Textual Criticism, The Preaching of the Reformation, The Reformation. It gives all the Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms. An excellent resource at your fingertips.

Jumping in here off topic to tell you of a really good study Bible, that is exhaustive in the content it contains, and that is the Reformation Study Bible. Don't let the title throw you off, you can ignore or disagree with whatever you want, but the resources within it are super. I have the NKJV. I also have the ESV but it does not have all the material that the NKJ does. It is not one you want to carry to church!. In the table of contents it has all the theological notes listed by topic and page number. The chapter notes are the best most though I have ever seen as are the book introductions. In the back it has articles on Apologetics, The Bible in Church History, The Bible vs. Other Sacred Texts, Canonicity, Covenant Theology, Creed and Confessions, Hermeneutics, The Inerrancy of Holy Scripture, Interpreting Scripture by Scripture, New Testament Textual Criticism, OT Textual Criticism, The Preaching of the Reformation, The Reformation. It gives all the Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms. An excellent resource at your fingertips.
Thank you, I'm shopping for a replacement to a leather King James red letter pocket Bible but I can't seem to find it. It's only the New Testament. I bought a smaller Bible, a King James with Old and New Testaments but it's not a study Bible. I will take note of the one you suggest, thanks again.

Back