• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?

@Mattathias I have made a video on Titus 1:1-4; using a little book called :Bible overview and this is what it had said about The Letter Paul wrote to Titus.

Getting into the Letter of Titus we find out that it is a letter written to Titus, the pastor of of the churches of Crete to appoint responsible elders in the midst of false teaching and immoral behavior. Written around Ad 64 - 66, by Paul.

That dating for Titus looks reasonable to me.

That is good Mattahias.

There was over, 1,100,000 million people who died on the day of Destruction of Jerusalem in 70 ad. I believe that the 144,000 were of all Jewish descent who never defiled themselves with women, nor was there deceit in their mouth I believe in the revelation it describes. Would be hard pressed for a number like that to be around in that generation but was, would be even more harder pressed to find a number like that around today in this generation would assume.

Though Jerusalem had been sieged in part or in whole over 40 times over the past six thousand years. 70 ad was the last and final time of the Material Religion Age ; where it was all obliterated. And Jesus had returned for his bride and the Spiritual - Fulfillment Age had commenced to me personally though many would disagree.

Did God Through Jesus Christ Reconcile - All of the World ?
"Reconcile" bears the meaning of ......

coexisting in harmony, compatibility​

So I would say that isn't a description of those of mankind denying God in the world.
The reconciled can only be those that are compatible and living in harmony with God, not against.

Using your own words, could you please explain why you don't think Romans 11 addresses the complete overview of the Gentiles being included into the new covenant with Israel?
I give these few verses below so that you might understand why I ask.

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
There's also 1 Corinthians 12:12-20 KJV -

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Does that mean everyone gets the land and kingdom on earth promised to Israel?

So I would say that isn't a description of those of mankind denying God in the world.
The reconciled can only be those that are compatible and living in harmony with God, not against.

That would be just mans choice;

God's choice was to reconcile the world unto himself.

2 Corinthians 5:19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

So in consideration of God Himself - The provisions of having the Son of God pay for all the sin of mankind in the world has been justified by one act on the cross. For all of mankind, do believe.

If a person choose to live a faithless life; without God and the Lord Jesus Christ - they will be resurrected just like the faithful; though the spiritual body will be different.

What that spiritual body; for the believer and unbeliever looks like no one will be ever to say for us until they receive it.

2 Corinthians 5:19 For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

So in consideration of God Himself - The provisions of having the Son of God pay for all the sin of mankind in the world has been justified by one act on the cross. For all of mankind, do believe.

If a person choose to live a faithless life; without God and the Lord Jesus Christ - they will be resurrected just like the faithful; though the spiritual body will be different.

What that spiritual body; for the believer and unbeliever looks like no one will be ever to say for us until they receive it.
Perhaps I was unclear as to my point.

Point I was making is that it is apparent that a reconciling of the whole world and everyone in it has not occurred yet.
If it had, then there would only be harmony in the whole world and none of the defiance that is in it now.

Okay just as long it is understand it was God's doing of Reconciling of the whole world unto himself through Christ Jesus in which He had fixed the world.

Guess if you would ; imagine a world where the legacy of Emperor Nero was continued; or that Jesus Christ never came; or that God through Jesus Christ never returned to bring forth the reconciliation.

Thank each and everyone of you for your comments and presenting your positions, have a good night and sleep well when you get there, or have a good night if you wake up and enjoy the night shift.

There's also 1 Corinthians 12:12-20 KJV -

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Does that mean everyone gets the land and kingdom on earth promised to Israel?
Why not?
Romans 11 says Gentiles will be grafted in to the olive tree.
What is the olive tree?
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Perhaps I was unclear as to my point.

Point I was making is that it is apparent that a reconciling of the whole world and everyone in it has not occurred yet.
If it had, then there would only be harmony in the whole world and none of the defiance that is in it now.
Yes, we are are still awaiting for the redemption of the purchased possession.

Ephesians 1:3-14 KJV -

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

Rom 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.
Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Looking at these two passages I would say that reconciliation takes place irrespective of one's position with God; that's what "ungodly' and "sinner" means.
It's what takes place after 'reconciliation' that matters.
That's where understanding what these verses below are saying become important.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Yes, we are are still awaiting for the redemption of the purchased possession.

Ephesians 1:3-14 KJV -

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Why should we still be waiting?
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
Heb 10:6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
Heb 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

So again, why are we still waiting?

Back