• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

Yes, let's do that.

Romans 5 KJV​
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​
(20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:​
(21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.​

Anyone that has ever relied on their righteousness and obedience has been relying on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one.

Psalms 143:1-2 KJV​
(1) A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.​
(2) And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.​

God never trusted any of His creation to be pure.

Job 4:17-18 ESV​
(17) ‘Can mortal man be in the right before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?​
(18) Even in his servants he puts no trust, and his angels he charges with error;​
Job 15:15-16 ESV​
(15) Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight;​
(16) how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!​
Job 25:4-5 KJV​
(4) How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?​
(5) Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.​
And on that note, it's time for me to go do chores. :)

For whatever was written in former days was written for our learning, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope. (Romans 15:4) The OT was written for our learning - learning through the experiences of OT believers, we are to be encouraged by and through their endurance.
Thank you.
And that is why I offer up OT scriptures for teaching.

And Moses verily was faithful in all His house, as a servant,
for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

Hebrews 3:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Romans 10:5

Thank you.
And that is why I offer up OT scriptures for teaching.

And Moses verily was faithful in all His house, as a servant,
for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

Hebrews 3:5

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Romans 10:5
Now if the ministry of death, carved in stones, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, which was being brought to an end, will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?
For if there was glory in the ministry of condemnation, the ministry of righteousness must far exceed it in glory.
Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that  surpasses it.
For if what was being brought to an end came with glory, much more will what is permanent have glory. . . .
But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts.
2 Corinthians 3:7-11; 14,15)

For Christ is the end of the law forvrighteousness to everyone who believes. Romans 10:4

As in, the end of a thing is its purpose, or outcome.

So Christ (our Christening) is the purpose and the outcome of doing the law (which is for our righteousness, by the way)
to every one who believes it (to do it).

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,
that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:24

To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field,
even that they may bring them unto the Lord, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation,
unto the Priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the Lord.

Leviticus 17:5

As in, the end of a thing is its purpose, or outcome.

So Christ (our Christening) is the purpose and the outcome of doing the law (which is for our righteousness, by the way)
to every one who believes it (to do it).

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ,
that we might be justified by faith.

Galatians 3:24

To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field,
even that they may bring them unto the Lord, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation,
unto the Priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the Lord.

Leviticus 17:5
How do you understand Paul's word of "Christ is the end of the law"?

This question is for @Studyman too.

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the concept, the importance, nor the significance that set apart the "blood covenant" is sinking in - it was a separate covenant God did Himself, setting in stone, so to speak, the promise made to Abraham and in this instance, did not require ANYTHING from Abraham which is why a "deep sleep" fell on Abraham.

I understand the significance, Patience. And God has always required humility and submission from humans. To preach that God gave His Covenant to Abraham, based on nothing Abraham did, is certainly Calvinism at its core. The reason why I don't adopt Calvinism, is because the Scriptures don't support it. At least, if a person considers "Every Word" of God as Jesus instructed.

Gen. 12: 1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: 4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;

Gen. 15:18 "In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:"

Gen. 18: 18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? 19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Gen. 22: 15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, 16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Gen. 26: 4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; 5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Matt. 8: 11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

John 8: 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. (Like Moses, Caleb, Joshua, Daniel, Shadreck, Gideon, Zacharias, Anna, Simeon, and every example of Faith given to us in the Examples God had written for our admonition.)

Acts 13: 26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, (Like Abraham) to you is the word of this salvation sent. 27 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

I don't think you understand the significance of God's Covenant with Abraham and his children.

How do you understand Paul's word of "Christ is the end of the law"?

This question is for @Studyman too.

thank you.

Rom. 10: 1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The mainstream preachers of Paul's time, the Pharisees, were ignorant of the Righteousness of God, and had set about to create their own righteousness, or their own religion. Like the serpent in the garden, they used "Some" of God's Word in their philosophy, but "omitted" very important parts of God's Righteousness. And this because they didn't believe God, or the Prophets HE sent to them, as Jesus Himself tells us. Paul is telling men to listen to Jesus, not the religious leaders he used to follow, because Jesus isn't Ignorant of God's Righteousness, and isn't going about to Establish His Own Righteousness, but has perfectly "Submitted Himself", "Yielded Himself" unto the Righteousness of God. So I need look no further than HIM to see the intent of God's Law, as HE is the Righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

There are deceivers who would try and twist this to promote a religion in which God's Law was ended by the Christ. This is of course foolishness, as Jesus Himself said that if we wanted to enter life, we would keep God's Commandments, even as HE kept God's Commandments.

So what is the greek for "end" here?

Strongs says the Greek word was "Telos" (to set out for a definite point or goal), the point aimed at as a limit. The conclusion of an act or state.

In other words, Christ is the "Intent" of the Law for Righteousness to everyone that believes.

As Paul also teaches.

Phil. 3: 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Why????

Because Jesus is the result, the conclusion, the intent of Law for Righteousness. Therefore "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

This is why it's so important to stop listening to this world's religious philosophers and listen to the Teachers Jesus picked.

2 Tim. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. As the Jesus of the Bible was.

Rom. 10: 1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The mainstream preachers of Paul's time, the Pharisees, were ignorant of the Righteousness of God, and had set about to create their own righteousness, or their own religion. Like the serpent in the garden, they used "Some" of God's Word in their philosophy, but "omitted" very important parts of God's Righteousness. And this because they didn't believe God, or the Prophets HE sent to them, as Jesus Himself tells us. Paul is telling men to listen to Jesus, not the religious leaders he used to follow, because Jesus isn't Ignorant of God's Righteousness, and isn't going about to Establish His Own Righteousness, but has perfectly "Submitted Himself", "Yielded Himself" unto the Righteousness of God. So I need look no further than HIM to see the intent of God's Law, as HE is the Righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

There are deceivers who would try and twist this to promote a religion in which God's Law was ended by the Christ. This is of course foolishness, as Jesus Himself said that if we wanted to enter life, we would keep God's Commandments, even as HE kept God's Commandments.

So what is the greek for "end" here?

Strongs says the Greek word was "Telos" (to set out for a definite point or goal), the point aimed at as a limit. The conclusion of an act or state.

In other words, Christ is the "Intent" of the Law for Righteousness to everyone that believes.

As Paul also teaches.

Phil. 3: 11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Why????

Because Jesus is the result, the conclusion, the intent of Law for Righteousness. Therefore "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

This is why it's so important to stop listening to this world's religious philosophers and listen to the Teachers Jesus picked.

2 Tim. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. As the Jesus of the Bible was.
Thank you Studyman for your thorough reasoning.

@Sissy, @Arial, and @Grace Accepted and everyone who believes that the law is abolished when Jesus died on the cross, what say you?

BTW, @Studyman,

as you know I don't go through all of Paul's complicated teachings, yet I get to the same conclusion as you do, just by reading what Jesus says. you cannot claim the law is abolished.

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, let's do that.

Romans 5 KJV​
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​
(20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:​
(21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.​

Anyone that has ever relied on their righteousness and obedience has been relying on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one.

Actually Sissy, as the scriptures teach us. "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Therefore, those who rely on the Holy Words of God to guide their footsteps, are walking in the same righteousness that Jesus walked in.

Phil. 2: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

And those who reject some or much of God's instructions, as beneath them, or not worthy of their honor and respect, are walking in the righteousness of Adam.

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

Relying on God to guide my Path, is not my righteousness, but the Righteousness of the Jesus of the Bible I am become a servant to.

You are also a servant, just not a servant of God's Righteousness.

(1) A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.​
(2) And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.​

Amen!

Nevertheless; "Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

God never trusted any of His creation to be pure.

(17) ‘Can mortal man be in the right before God? Can a man be pure before his Maker?​
(18) Even in his servants he puts no trust, and his angels he charges with error;​
(15) Behold, God puts no trust in his holy ones, and the heavens are not pure in his sight;​
(16) how much less one who is abominable and corrupt, a man who drinks injustice like water!​
(4) How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that is born of a woman?
(5) Behold even to the moon, and it shineth not; yea, the stars are not pure in his sight.

This is true. Nevertheless;

Rom. 2: 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

I know what you have been convinced of Sissy, and I know what the scriptures teach. I'm sticking with the Scriptures.

Back