• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Threefold Purpose of the Law

What is it you asked for.
Why the Lord in scripture uses animals.

Then shall He give the rain of thy seed, that thou shalt sow the ground withal;
and bread of the increase of the earth, and it shall be fat and plenteous:
in that day shall thy cattle feed in large pastures.

Isaiah 30:23

How to confuse other by using ceremonial shadows .
Is that what you believe the Lord was doing?
(for it wasn't me who put the animals into the Lord's sayings in scripture)

Ye shall keep My statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind:
thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed:
neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.

Leviticus 19:19

Are you hoping others have no understanding as to how shadows work in parables (ceremonial laws) and therefore it remains a mystery as something to wonder, wonder, wonder about not coming to a conclusion or understanding.?
I offer up the Lord's words that others might gain understanding, from the things that He says.

Hear, Israel, the commandments of life:
give ear to understand wisdom.

Baruch 3:9

1 Peter reveals the purpose of those parables as shadow used to point ahead. Everyone shadow spoke of the sufferings of Christ beforehand and than the glory that followed , The cross. They looked ahead we by the same spirit of faith can look back to the cross the three days and nights promised demonstration
I keep His saying, so I never see death.

And Jesus said unto him,
No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62

The good news

1 Peter 1:8-11 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men,
but chosen of God, and precious,
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood,
to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:3-5

My 'game' is to do as God commands us in His law.

And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven,
it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil,
or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Leviticus 2:4
No it is not. It is to change God's laws into ComingFrom's laws. You have no defense for the interpretations and changes you make to God's law.

Then kill one of your animals.

If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put His name there be too far from thee,
then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the Lord hath given thee, as I have commanded thee,
and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.

Deuteronomy 12:21
The Lord has provided a much better sacrifice than the Old Covenant animals.

The Lord has provided a much better sacrifice than the Old Covenant animals.
I had to sacrifice something from my herd to obtain it.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.

Psalm 51:17

And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
Ezekiel 39:19

No it is not. It is to change God's laws into ComingFrom's laws.
That is your judgment.

You even watch me offering up His commandments unleavened,
and still call them mine.

The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21

You have no defense for the interpretations and changes you make to God's law.
I have put on the whole armour of God, and having done all [the law], I stand.
And since you have only carnal interpretations of God's laws, and are not a doer,
what need have I for defense?
Since I am offering the Lord's words from scripture, scripture backs me up.

And thou shalt speak My words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear:
for they are most rebellious.

Ezekiel 2:7

Is that what you believe the Lord was doing?
(for it wasn't me who put the animals into the Lord's sayings in scripture)

No that is not what I think the lord was doing.

He uses animal to show the suffering of Christ beforehand as a shadow pointing toward the fulfillment . The time of reformation came over two thousands years ago . the carnal ordinance that did nothing to the users that you worship is over

Hebrews 9: 10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

You are still hearing the bleating of the sheep

You simply worship the shadow (animals seen ) the temporal and not what they represent the eternal invisible things of grace .

1 Samuel 15:14 And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?

That is your judgment.

You even watch me offering up His commandments unleavened,
and still call them mine.

The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21
You do not magnify the law but you do make it dishonorable by corrupting it with your unsupported claims. If you want to stick a feather in your hat and call it macaroni that doesn't make the feather macaroni.
I have put on the whole armour of God, and having done all [the law], I stand.
And since you have only carnal interpretations of God's laws, and are not a doer,
what need have I for defense?
Since I am offering the Lord's words from scripture, scripture backs me up.

And thou shalt speak My words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear:
for they are most rebellious.

Ezekiel 2:7
One who claims to have special knowledge of the law contrary to the written word is a false prophet. Do you know what the bible calls one who claims to have no sin? It calls them a liar and that the truth is not in them.

It is fine to play spiritual dress-up but one should not teach others that it is real.

No that is not what I think the lord was doing.

He uses animal to show the suffering of Christ beforehand as a shadow pointing toward the fulfillment . The time of reformation came over two thousands years ago . the carnal ordinance that did nothing to the users that you worship is over
To whom is He showing that?
How does His use of 'animal' show His suffering? (and why do want to see His suffering?)
Since when do events have shadows?

Your presumption is based on nonsensical assumptions.
I think, now you are making things up to justify your interpretation and non-compliance.

Therefore thus saith the Lord God unto them;
Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.

Ezekiel 34:20

Hebrews 9: 10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
Why do you suppose this is talking about God's law, when it even says "carnal ordinances".
Do you not know that God is a spirit?
and that His law is not carnal?

For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law,
That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

Romans 10:5

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand.

Ephesians 6:13

You are still hearing the bleating of the sheep
Yes I do,
in your responses to the spiritual ordinances of God.

This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a judge?
the same did God send to be a ruler and a deliverer by the hand of the angel which appeared to him in the bush.

Acts 7:35

You simply worship the shadow (animals seen ) the temporal and not what they represent the eternal invisible things of grace .
I simply follow God's words, to do them.
You simply accuse me for attempting to do so.

To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men,
but chosen of God, and precious,

1 Peter 2:5

1 Samuel 15:14 And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?
I think this is speaking about the men who murmur against God's law.
Wherefore you aught to look well to your own sheep, and oxen, how you bleat against keeping the law.
But that is just my opinion. God bless you.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks,
and look well to thy herds.

Proverbs 27:23

You do not magnify the law but you do make it dishonorable by corrupting it with your unsupported claims.
The Lord promised He will magnify it, and make it honourable [if you believe the word].
Which the Lord obviously has not done for you yet.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 1:25

If you want to stick a feather in your hat and call it macaroni that doesn't make the feather macaroni.
The only important thing about the law has even become the importance to avoid it.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Romans 7:22

One who claims to have special knowledge of the law contrary to the written word is a false prophet. Do you know what the bible calls one who claims to have no sin? It calls them a liar and that the truth is not in them.
If you know better, or think you can correct my interpretations, then do so.

And I grant, you have tried.
But chanting things at me, like, "you don't keep it" and "real animals" isn't sound reproof of the instructions God has given us.
Neither are insinuating comments like "you want to stick a feather" and "claims special knowledge".

Just think how often you have claimed to be clothed in the righteousness of Christ.
And yet you cannot receive a brethren that keeps God's law.

I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 40:8

It is fine to play spiritual dress-up but one should not teach others that it is real.
God's word is true and right, and we should seek His righteousness.
That is my belief, and my testimony.

He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He.

Deuteronomy 32:4

If you know better, or think you can correct my interpretations, then do so.
I have many times, but you are the god of your religion and when he speaks in your mind it stands fast. When one views the bible as a kit with which to construct their own creations, they will not be convinced.

You mean comingFroms Laws
Actually, I mean God's words.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

I have many times, but you are the god of your religion and when he speaks in your mind it stands fast.
You have offered me your simplistic and carnal interpretations,
and all your excuses why God's law isn't for us, and why you are justified without it.
And you were not able to speak to the verses and instructions I presented.

You also say you are not a legalist (and that I am),
yet you suppose that puts you in a position to correct me in the law.

Thou shalt also consider in thine heart,
that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.

Deuteronomy 8:5

When one views the bible as a kit with which to construct their own creations, they will not be convinced.
I listened to the small as well as to the great, among Christian preachers,
and so far none have yet convinced me to come off God's law, though many have tried.

I am still convinced God's word is as applicable to us today, as it was the day He spoke it.

Ye shall not respect persons in judgment;
but ye shall hear the small as well as the great;
ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's:
and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto Me, and I will hear it.

Deuteronomy 1:17

Back