• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Threefold Purpose of the Law

A real herd of animals, a real kill, really eating it. See even BBQ'ing is in the bible.
Not to forget, in a real place, where God really puts His name upon us.

When I read in the scriptures, that the Lord has given us a herd and flock,
I began identifying them, and bringing them to Him, in the places He chose.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
Proverbs 27:23

That would be nice if you did it, but you make up your own meanings and replace what God mean with what you means. Show us where God commanded offering bullocks to another human being. That is your command.
You are offering me your bullocks now.
And I'm sure you believe your word is the fine flour too.

This is the commandment.

And when any will offer a meat offering unto the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour;
and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests:

Leviticus 2:1-2

I know you probably don't see us as being 'the priests' in this passage,
but I believe you are, if you were christened by Christ. Rev 1:6

Show us where God replaced the weekly Sabbath day with only three times a year, those are your commands not God's. You are offering verbiage not grain offerings and you are not offering them to the Lord, you are too busy offering them to us. There is nothing in your behaviour that remotely connects to what God commanded the Hebrews to do.
I've already shown you the verses, which is the fine flour, even God's words,
and surely you are capable of searching the scripture.

I follow the spirit to make all things as the Lord shows me in the mount, after the pattern shown to Moses.
If you believe I break the law by doing something on a Saturday, then you believe Jesus broke the law too.

And it came to pass, that He went through the corn fields on the sabbath day;
and His disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
And the Pharisees said unto Him,
Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

Mark 2:24

You do not take an unblemished lamb to the priest for your sins, oh know, you make up substitutes for every literal command of the Lord. So don't condescend to the folks around you and try to teach them your notions in place of the commands of the Lord. If you want to play Israelite priest, fine have fun, but don't lecture others that they must cotow to what you identify yourself as.
When I offer myself up, I offer myself up as a suckling lamb.
I do not forsake the Levite which is within my gates.

As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered;
so will I seek out My sheep,
and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Ezekiel 34:12

I would offer it would seem you have no understanding of the use of ceremonial shadows. We cannot worship shadows of the law

It would seem you do despite to the grace of Christ. Why use animals?
That's what I asked the Lord.

And as for you, O My flock, thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Exodus 34:17

And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
Matthew 25:33

Believers are freely given the understanding of his loving commandments. They can obey yoked with His understand and guard the loving commandments. Only God has the power to keep them perfectly. Jesus said not as I will the one with no power living in a body of death. But your will Father
God's word says to observe to do them.

All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers.

Deuteronomy 8:1

Jesus did the will of the Father with delight aaccording to the law . Some like Jonah murmured and desired to die knowing God was a God of His loving word and he would have mercy on those Ninevites preached to.
Jesus said to keep them too.

If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love;
even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love

John 15:10

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Christ fulfilled the Old Testament shadows as ceremonial laws that spoke of his suffering beforehand and the glory that pointed ahead to the cross. ,
Jesus is the Christ, and He fulfilled the word in the Old Testament for me too,
after I returned to God, to keep His word.

And shalt return unto the Lord thy God,
and shalt obey His voice according to all that I command thee this day,
thou and thy children,
with all thine heart, and with all thy soul;
That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee,
and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.

Deuteronomy 30:2-3

They by faith looked ahead to the fulfillment of the shadow we look back by the same spirit of faith as it is written

1 Peter 1:9-10 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ, which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

All of the shadows save the baptism of desire when a new believer desires to join the priesthood were fulfilled, one new ceremonial law in first Corinthians 11 .as a sign to the whole world

Two kinds of ceremonies joined as one, hair covering {women)and uncovering (men) and the lord's supper (bread and blood of grapes) used to represent the wedding supper in the new heavens and earth.

I would suggest if you were using creatures help others understand your reasoning. It can cause confusion to one at least somewhat familiar with ceremonial laws as to what their purpose is used in parables.

Cows, Oxes, horses, asses, lambs as well as winged creatures were used in that kind of environment "a shadow of the unseen glory". The 70-foot-high veil was rent from the top toward earth below. The light entered in. There was no Jewish King sitting in the Holy of Holies. Satan could no longer deceive all the nations that God is a man. God is not a man as us.

She Asses as an unclean animals were used to represent unconverted mankind in ceremonial laws and lambs were used to represent the clean or the born-again believers. The Ass was to have its neck broke if not redeemed by a lamb. The Ass represented natural uncovered mankind. God used that ceremony to show he is not served by human hands as a will in any way shape or form. he sent an Ass to prophecy the word of God those words stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam.

Exodus 13:13And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

Exodus 34:20But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

It would seem Christ in Jesus, signified as a Lamb fulfilled that ceremonial law as a shadow. The Ass having a foal shows she was redeemed she gave birth

Matthew 21:5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.
Is every firstling of an ass redeemed now?

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit:
a broken and a contrite heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise.
Do good in Thy good pleasure unto Zion:
build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,
with burnt offering and whole burnt offering:
then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

Psalm 51:17-19

You are offering me your bullocks now.
And I'm sure you believe your word is the fine flour too.

This is the commandment.

And when any will offer a meat offering unto the Lord, his offering shall be of fine flour;
and he shall pour oil upon it, and put frankincense thereon:
And he shall bring it to Aaron's sons the priests:

Leviticus 2:1-2
"offering unto the Lord" Not onto other people. It was to be fine flour NOT verbiage or quoted scripture. Show us where it meant quoted scripture. The facts are, you changed God's command to the Children of Israel from fine flour to a quote from scripture thus it is your command, not God's

If you started lecturing us on keeping ComingFrom's Law instead of God's law you would then you would at least be honest.
I know you probably don't see us as being 'the priests' in this passage,
but I believe you are, if you were christened by Christ. Rev 1:6
Only those who have been washed in the blood of the lamb but it means point people to the only sacrifice that will make them perfect forever while still being made Holy. Nowhere does it say to rationalize the scriptures into meaningless metaphors.
I've already shown you the verses, which is the fine flour, even God's words,
and surely you are capable of searching the scripture.

I follow the spirit to make all things as the Lord shows me in the mount, after the pattern shown to Moses.
If you believe I break the law by doing something on a Saturday, then you believe Jesus broke the law too.

And it came to pass, that He went through the corn fields on the sabbath day;
and His disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.
And the Pharisees said unto Him,
Behold, why do they on the sabbath day that which is not lawful?

Mark 2:24
You have turned the fourth commandment into something that it is not. There no where in the command that one cannot pick fruit to eat on the sabbath. That was a man made addition and Christ was not breaking God's law as you do.

You are rationalizing again.
When I offer myself up, I offer myself up as a suckling lamb.
I do not forsake the Levite which is within my gates.

As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered;
so will I seek out My sheep,
and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

Ezekiel 34:12
Nobody want you as a sacrifice! It must be an unblemished lamb. The "living sacrifice" that God wants is for one to serve Him and fulfill the great commission.

When one teaches that Christ dying on the cross has little to do with the complete eradication of sin in our lives and the universe, they are preaching an anti-christ message. When one fails to point others' to the sacrifice that cleanses them from all unrighteousness and perfects them before God, they have failed as a priest of The Most High.

Not to forget, in a real place, where God really puts His name upon us.

When I read in the scriptures, that the Lord has given us a herd and flock,
I began identifying them, and bringing them to Him, in the places He chose.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
Proverbs 27:23
Real flocks and herds of real animals. There is no place in scripture that supports one making metaphors out of these.

"offering unto the Lord" Not onto other people. It was to be fine flour NOT verbiage or quoted scripture. Show us where it meant quoted scripture. The facts are, you changed God's command to the Children of Israel from fine flour to a quote from scripture thus it is your command, not God's

If you started lecturing us on keeping ComingFrom's Law instead of God's law you would then you would at least be honest.
Did you "offer this unto the Lord" before "lecturing" (offering it) me?

And are you overlooking verse 3 deliberately? where God commands we bring the offering to 'the priests'.

And it shall come to pass,
when all these things are come upon thee,
the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee,
and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee,

Deuteronomy 30:1

Only those who have been washed in the blood of the lamb but it means point people to the only sacrifice that will make them perfect forever while still being made Holy. Nowhere does it say to rationalize the scriptures into meaningless metaphors.
Did you look upon that which Jesus washed, after that it was washed?
like the word tells us to.

And the priest shall look on the plague, after that it is washed:
and, behold, if the plague have not changed his colour, and the plague be not spread;
it is unclean;
thou shalt burn it in the fire;
it is fret inward, whether it be bare within or without.

Leviticus 13:55

You have turned the fourth commandment into something that it is not. There no where in the command that one cannot pick fruit to eat on the sabbath. That was a man made addition and Christ was not breaking God's law as you do.
Now you are defining what is work and what isn't.
I define feeding yourself as work (working for the flesh).

What about healing?

And they watched Him, whether He would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse Him.
Mark 3:2

You are rationalizing again.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:18

Nobody want you as a sacrifice! It must be an unblemished lamb. The "living sacrifice" that God wants is for one to serve Him and fulfill the great commission.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.

Romans 12:1

When one teaches that Christ dying on the cross has little to do with the complete eradication of sin in our lives and the universe, they are preaching an anti-christ message. When one fails to point others' to the sacrifice that cleanses them from all unrighteousness and perfects them before God, they have failed as a priest of The Most High.
I will point to it.

And if the priest look, and, behold, the plague be somewhat dark after the washing of it;
then he shall rend it out of the garment, or out of the skin, or out of the warp, or out of the woof:
And if it appear still in the garment, either in the warp, or in the woof, or in any thing of skin;
it is a spreading plague:
thou shalt burn that wherein the plague is with fire.
And the garment,
either warp, or woof, or whatsoever thing of skin it be, which thou shalt wash,
if the plague be departed from them, then it shall be washed the second time, and shall be clean.
This is the law of the plague of leprosy in a garment of woollen or linen,
either in the warp, or woof, or any thing of skins,
to pronounce it clean, or to pronounce it unclean.

Leviticus 13:56-59

Last edited by a moderator:
Real flocks and herds of real animals.
Which the Lord has given us.

All that openeth the matrix is Mine;
and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

Exodus 34:19

There is no place in scripture that supports one making metaphors out of these.
And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat.
Leviticus 34:19

Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body,
and the fruit of thy ground,
and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Deuteronomy 28:4

Which the Lord has given us.

All that openeth the matrix is Mine;
and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

Exodus 34:19

And for thy cattle, and for the beast that are in thy land, shall all the increase thereof be meat.
Leviticus 34:19

Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body,
and the fruit of thy ground,
and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

Deuteronomy 28:4
Again, rel animals. Not CominFrom's make believe.

Did you "offer this unto the Lord" before "lecturing" (offering it) me?

And are you overlooking verse 3 deliberately? where God commands we bring the offering to 'the priests'.

And it shall come to pass,
when all these things are come upon thee,
the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee,
and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath driven thee,

Deuteronomy 30:1
I don't play your game, so i don't follow your reimagined theology.

That's what I asked the Lord.
What is it you asked for. How to confuse other by using ceremonial shadows .

Are you hoping others have no understanding as to how shadows work in parables (ceremonial laws) and therefore it remains a mystery as something to wonder, wonder, wonder about not coming to a conclusion or understanding.?

1 Peter reveals the purpose of those parables as shadow used to point ahead. Everyone shadow spoke of the sufferings of Christ beforehand and than the glory that followed , The cross. They looked ahead we by the same spirit of faith can look back to the cross the three days and nights promised demonstration

The good news

1 Peter 1:8-11 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Again, rel animals. Not CominFrom's make believe.
Then kill one of your animals.

If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put His name there be too far from thee,
then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the Lord hath given thee, as I have commanded thee,
and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.

Deuteronomy 12:21

I don't play your game, so i don't follow your reimagined theology.
My 'game' is to do as God commands us in His law.

And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven,
it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil,
or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Leviticus 2:4

Back