• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Threefold Purpose of the Law

This is what some believe of John

Here is what many believe of John 6:54 .
It denotes the operation of the mind in receiving EATING and DRINKING to denote understanding and applying doctrine or instruction of any kind as we speak of digesting what is said or inwardly digesting it .

dan p
Thank you, Dan. I know.
But I see Jesus is saying the Son of man shall give us His flesh.
And for me, that implies coming to stand before Him.

Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you:
for Him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:27

I am the living bread which came down from heaven:
if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:
and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:51

I know what it means but thank you. CF claims to drink the blood of Jesus when they meet in person,, for he says he sees Jesus. And he even used the word literally in connection with drinking Christ's blood. He never explains otherwise, just keeps quoting scriptures.
Because it is not otherwise.
And I keep showing the scripture, because people don't believe me,
but they do claim that they believe the scriptures.

And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries,
and will bring them to their own land, and feed them
upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be:
there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
I will feed My flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 34:13-15

So when he literally appears to you, (you said you see Him) do you sit down with Him and drink His blood. That is grotesque.
God is a spirit.
Jesus doesn't appear to me as a man.

And if I could describe 'the experience' for you better than Jesus and the Prophets did, I would.

He that eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him.
John 6:56

Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth,
of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.

Ezekiel 39:18-20

The Mosaic covenant forbids drinking blood. What do you say about that law keeper.
I have been telling you, and showing you, why I do not eat your flesh and blood, that you offer.

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat.
And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts, may be used in any other use:
but ye shall in no wise eat of it.
For whosoever eateth the fat of the beast, of which men offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord,
even the soul that eateth it shall be cut off from His people.

Leviticus 7:23-25

And what do you suppose Jesus meant, considering He was a Jew under that prohibition of drinking blood, and without sin? It couldn't have been literal, so maybe you should explain yourself instead of just quoting scriptures. Right now I have the impression of a vampire.
I believe it means that we should eat and drink the body of God, and believe all His words,
and not eat and drink what men offer, that we end believing what they say.
At least, not without bringing their offering to the Lord first.

This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded, saying,
What man soever there be of the house of Israel, that killeth an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp,
or that killeth it out of the camp,
And bringeth it not unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, to offer an offering unto the Lord before the tabernacle of the Lord;
blood shall be imputed unto that man;
he hath shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among His people:
To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field,
even that they may bring them unto the Lord, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation,
unto the Priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the Lord.

Leviticus 17:2-5

This passage isn't that hard to understand, is it?

It simply means that if one holds on to a belief, that belief is another beast in their herd (in God's eyes),
and if they simply kill everyone else's offering, publicly, or in their heart privately,
even though that offering was truth, but because it contradicted the belief held,
they thereby cut themselves off from the truth.

But if we hear the small as well as the great,
and bring those things which are too hard for us to Him,
that helps us sort out the sheep from the goats, so to speak.
Within our selves first.

And so we can be at peace with God,
knowing we do not offer up false notions which are contrary to God's will,
when we testify of Him to our neighbour.
❤️

Really.
In the place where He chooses to put His name upon us (His tabernacles).
He has plenty enough.
Really literal? Plenty of literal blood ? Is God a man as us? Where can we find it .so we can drink it

Really literal? Plenty of literal blood ? Is God a man as us? Where can we find it .so we can drink it
Yes really. Don't think Jesus was kidding. John 6:54
Even until our cup overflow. Psalm 23:5
God is a spirit. John 4:24
At the door of the sheepfold. Rev 3:20

This shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations
at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord:
where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.

Exodus 29:42

Yes really. Don't think Jesus was kidding. John 6:54
Even until our cup overflow. Psalm 23:5
God is a spirit. John 4:24
At the door of the sheepfold. Rev 3:20

This shall be a continual burnt offering throughout your generations
at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the Lord:
where I will meet you, to speak there unto thee.

Exodus 29:42
No I do not think he was kidding.

Does your assembly have its own literal blood bank . If so how often does Christ have to refill ?

What does the literal blood represent in that parable ? That of Catholics bread turned into real blood in one mouth or that of Jehovah witnesses no use not even in a blood transfusion, medical help

What do the scriptures say in regard to that parable? Will you search the parable hidden manna as for silver and gold as just what it means to drink blood? .

The purpose of the law is stated in the law.

Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you,
that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:

Deuteronomy 6:1

Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day,
that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go to possess it;

Deuteronomy 11:8

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
😇

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6​
You are arguing apples and oranges. When you say the law or the law of God you mean your law that you have made up by making the bible symbolic of your meanings whereas @Arial is referring to the actual law with God's meanings as recorded in the bible. So you will get nowhere with this debate.

For instance your bull is verbage where as the bible's bull was a real male bovine.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I do not think he was kidding.

Does your assembly have its own literal blood bank . If so how often does Christ have to refill ?

What does the literal blood represent in that parable ? That of Catholics bread turned into real blood in one mouth or that of Jehovah witnesses no use not even in a blood transfusion, medical help
Jesus was not speaking about carnal blood.

And the fish that was in the river died;
and the river stank, and the Egyptians could not drink of the water of the river;
and there was blood throughout all the land of Egypt.

Exodus 7:21

What do the scriptures say in regard to that parable? Will you search the parable hidden manna as for silver and gold as just what it means to drink blood? .
Scripture says Jesus said "eat My flesh and drink My blood",
so I prayed He give me His flesh and blood to drink.

Assemble yourselves, and come;
gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you,
even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth,
of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

Ezekiel 39:17-19

You are arguing apples and oranges. When you say the law or the law of God you mean your law that you have made up by making the bible symbolic of your meanings whereas @Arial is referring to the actual law with God's meanings as recorded in the bible. So you will get nowhere with this debate.
When I say 'law', I mean the commandments God commanded us in Moses' day.

And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord,
and do all His commandments which I command thee this day.

Deuteronomy 30:8

For instance your bull is verbage where as the bible's bull was a real male bovine.
If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put His name there be too far from thee,
then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the Lord hath given thee, as I have commanded thee,
and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.

Deuteronomy 12:21

That would be nice if you did it, but you make up your own meanings and replace what God mean with what you means. Show us where God commanded offering bullocks to another human being. That is your command. Show us where God replaced the weekly Sabbath day with only three times a year, those are your commands not God's. You are offering verbiage not grain offerings and you are not offering them to the Lord, you are too busy offering them to us. There is nothing in your behaviour that remotely connects to what God commanded the Hebrews to do.

You do not take an unblemished lamb to the priest for your sins, oh know, you make up substitutes for every literal command of the Lord. So don't condescend to the folks around you and try to teach them your notions in place of the commands of the Lord. If you want to play Israelite priest, fine have fun, but don't lecture others that they must cotow to what you identify yourself as.

If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put His name there be too far from thee,
then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the Lord hath given thee, as I have commanded thee,

A real herd of animals, a real kill, really eating it. See even BBQ'ing is in the bible.

I would offer it would seem you have no understanding of the use of ceremonial shadows. We cannot worship shadows of the law

It would seem you do despite to the grace of Christ. Why use animals?

Believers are freely given the understanding of his loving commandments. They can obey yoked with His understand and guard the loving commandments. Only God has the power to keep them perfectly. Jesus said not as I will the one with no power living in a body of death. But your will Father

Jesus did the will of the Father with delight aaccording to the law . Some like Jonah murmured and desired to die knowing God was a God of His loving word and he would have mercy on those Ninevites preached to.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Christ fulfilled the Old Testament shadows as ceremonial laws that spoke of his suffering beforehand and the glory that pointed ahead to the cross. ,

They by faith looked ahead to the fulfillment of the shadow we look back by the same spirit of faith as it is written

1 Peter 1:9-10 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ, which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

All of the shadows save the baptism of desire when a new believer desires to join the priesthood were fulfilled, one new ceremonial law in first Corinthians 11 .as a sign to the whole world

Two kinds of ceremonies joined as one, hair covering {women)and uncovering (men) and the lord's supper (bread and blood of grapes) used to represent the wedding supper in the new heavens and earth.

I would suggest if you were using creatures help others understand your reasoning. It can cause confusion to one at least somewhat familiar with ceremonial laws as to what their purpose is used in parables.

Cows, Oxes, horses, asses, lambs as well as winged creatures were used in that kind of environment "a shadow of the unseen glory". The 70-foot-high veil was rent from the top toward earth below. The light entered in. There was no Jewish King sitting in the Holy of Holies. Satan could no longer deceive all the nations that God is a man. God is not a man as us.

She Asses as an unclean animals were used to represent unconverted mankind in ceremonial laws and lambs were used to represent the clean or the born-again believers. The Ass was to have its neck broke if not redeemed by a lamb. The Ass represented natural uncovered mankind. God used that ceremony to show he is not served by human hands as a will in any way shape or form. he sent an Ass to prophecy the word of God those words stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam.

Exodus 13:13And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

Exodus 34:20But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

It would seem Christ in Jesus, signified as a Lamb fulfilled that ceremonial law as a shadow. The Ass having a foal shows she was redeemed she gave birth

Matthew 21:5 Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back