• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Threefold Purpose of the Law

Actually, I mean God's words.

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

You have offered me your simplistic and carnal interpretations,
and all your excuses why God's law isn't for us, and why you are justified without it.
And you were not able to speak to the verses and instructions I presented.

You also say you are not a legalist (and that I am),
yet you suppose that puts you in a position to correct me in the law.

Thou shalt also consider in thine heart,
that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.

Deuteronomy 8:5

I listened to the small as well as to the great, among Christian preachers,
and so far none have yet convinced me to come off God's law, though many have tried.

I am still convinced God's word is as applicable to us today, as it was the day He spoke it.

Ye shall not respect persons in judgment;
but ye shall hear the small as well as the great;
ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's:
and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto Me, and I will hear it.

Deuteronomy 1:17
You teach your own words not God's

To whom is He showing that?
How does His use of 'animal' show His suffering? (and why do want to see His suffering?)
Since when do events have shadows?
The Holy Spirit is showing it to those who rightly divide the parable which without parables he spoke not . Hiding the spiritual understanding from those who worship shadows of his sufferings .

God who is not a Lamb was signified as slain from the foundation of the world the six days he did work.

Ceremonial laws as shadows used to show the sufferings of Christ beforehand are designed to be a sign to the unbelieving word .

Believers have prophecy have no need of signs to marvel or wonder after.. Wondering is wondering not believing

God uses fowl and beast in ceremonies to both signify the redeemed born again and those not redeemed natural unconverted mankind .

Exodus 13:13 And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

In that way God shows he is not served by human hands as a will or the flesh of animals. He can use a unbeliver to bring the gosel just as easily as one born again from above .

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

That parable like others that use animals used to represent the sufferings of Christ before hand was fulfilled at the time of the first century reformation . The whole period there were kings in Israel (the abomination of desolation) it was used as a parable that again spoke of the sufferings of Christ before hand .

1 Peter 1:11 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We can look back by the Spirit of Christ (Spirit of faith )they looked ahead to the same sufferings .

One new testament ceremonial law as a shadow was introduced . No animal used in that one (1 Corinthians 11)

The Holy Spirit is showing it to those who rightly divide the parable which without parables he spoke not . Hiding the spiritual understanding from those who worship shadows of his sufferings .
The wise and the prudent tell us God's law is impossible for a man to keep, and that it is just a shadow,
while babes get on with doing it.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Matthew 11:25

God who is not a Lamb was signified as slain from the foundation of the world the six days he did work.
And this is the will of Him that sent Me,
that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on Him, may have everlasting life:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:40

Ceremonial laws as shadows used to show the sufferings of Christ beforehand are designed to be a sign to the unbelieving word .
And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life:
that he may learn to fear the Lord his God,
to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Deuteronomy 17:19

Believers have prophecy have no need of signs to marvel or wonder after.. Wondering is wondering not believing
Behold, I come quickly:
blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:7

God uses fowl and beast in ceremonies to both signify the redeemed born again and those not redeemed natural unconverted mankind .
Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come;
gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you,
even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

Ezekiel 39:17

Exodus 13:13 And every firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb; and if thou wilt not redeem it, then thou shalt break his neck: and all the firstborn of man among thy children shalt thou redeem.

In that way God shows he is not served by human hands as a will or the flesh of animals. He can use a unbeliver to bring the gosel just as easily as one born again from above .
And ye shall serve the Lord your God,
and He shall bless thy bread, and thy water;
and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

Exodus 23:25

Numbers 22:28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

That parable like others that use animals used to represent the sufferings of Christ before hand was fulfilled at the time of the first century reformation . The whole period there were kings in Israel (the abomination of desolation) it was used as a parable that again spoke of the sufferings of Christ before hand .
When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him,
then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:
And before Him shall be gathered all nations:
and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matthew 25:31-33

1 Peter 1:11 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We can look back by the Spirit of Christ (Spirit of faith )they looked ahead to the same sufferings .
And Jesus said unto him,
No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62

One new testament ceremonial law as a shadow was introduced . No animal used in that one (1 Corinthians 11)
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood,
to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:5

And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver:
and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver,
that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

Malachi 3:3

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father;
to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:6

Last edited by a moderator:
You teach your own words not God's
Thank you, Grace.
You don't teach God's words. Instead, you dis the teachers.
If my words are unrighteous, show me the Lord's saying which contradicts them.

I may well be incorrect in some of the things I say, as I am still learning,
and I learn by offering up His words.
If and when I am wrong, someone who knows may correct me.
But those that offer me a lame beast, just to inform me they suppose I am incorrect,
( because they themselves don't believe in God's words, to do them ),
that only tells me they still have a way to go.

Don't get left behind.

Then shall two be in the field;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:40

Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15

Thank you, Grace.
You don't teach God's words. Instead, you dis the teachers.
If my words are unrighteous, show me the Lord's saying which contradicts them.

I may well be incorrect in some of the things I say, as I am still learning,
and I learn by offering up His words.
If and when I am wrong, someone who knows may correct me.
But those that offer me a lame beast, just to inform me they suppose I am incorrect,
( because they themselves don't believe in God's words, to do them ),
that only tells me they still have a way to go.

Don't get left behind.

Then shall two be in the field;
the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Matthew 24:40

Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15
One would need to know a lot more about the Bible than is exhibited here to make such judgements.

The wise and the prudent tell us God's law is impossible for a man to keep, and that it is just a shadow,
while babes get on with doing it.
Of course the letter of the law "death" is impossible to keep its what causes dying leading to a end. And the wage of sin is not a shadow. The animal ceremonies were . All of them were fulfilled during the first century reformation

You have no idea of the purpose of the ceremonies that pointed ahead to the sufferings of Christ.

Why do despite to the grace of God ?

One would need to know a lot more about the Bible than is exhibited here to make such judgements.
What are you exhibiting from the Bible, by making judgments like this?

To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear?
behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken:
behold, the word of the Lord is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Jeremiah 6:10

Of course the letter of the law "death" is impossible to keep its what causes dying leading to a end. And the wage of sin is not a shadow. The animal ceremonies were . All of them were fulfilled during the first century reformation
I believe what the Lord says, in the letter of the law.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep His charge, and His statutes, and His judgments, and His commandments, alway.
Deuteronomy 11:1

All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers.

Deuteronomy 8:1

You have no idea of the purpose of the ceremonies that pointed ahead to the sufferings of Christ.
The verse above also states the purpose of keeping all the commandments of the law.
That we may have the promised everlasting life, and live in God's kingdom.

Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

Why do despite to the grace of God ?
Why do you repeatedly chant this question?

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid,
knowing that they do gender strifes.

1 Timothy 2:23

What are you exhibiting from the Bible, by making judgments like this?

To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear?
behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken:
behold, the word of the Lord is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Jeremiah 6:10
Wisdom an knowledge.

I believe what the Lord says, in the letter of the law.

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep His charge, and His statutes, and His judgments, and His commandments, alway.
Deuteronomy 11:1

All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers.

Deuteronomy 8:1

The verse above also states the purpose of keeping all the commandments of the law.
That we may have the promised everlasting life, and live in God's kingdom.

Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21

Why do you repeatedly chant this question?

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid,
knowing that they do gender strifes.

1 Timothy 2:23

Not anyone is saying we are not to keep by guarding the commandments with all our new born again heart and soul.

All Christians by the grace or unmerited favor, the price the Lord that bought them, do the will of the father. You keep doing despite to the grace of Christ (the price the Lord that bought them,) by saying you keep the letter of the law death. Again we do not worship shadows using animals. The first century reformation came over two thousands years ago.

One new ceremonial law as a shadow (1 Corinthians 11)

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Not anyone is saying we are not to keep by guarding the commandments with all our new born again heart and soul.

All Christians by the grace or unmerited favor, the price the Lord that bought them, do the will of the father. You keep doing despite to the grace of Christ (the price the Lord that bought them,) by saying you keep the letter of the law death. Again we do not worship shadows using animals. The first century reformation came over two thousands years ago.

One new ceremonial law as a shadow (1 Corinthians 11)

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
Absolutely, we are under the Law of Christ because he purchased us from the law. So we follow the things Christ commands us to do which is much greater than just the written code. It is the indwelling of Christ by the Holy Spirit giving us guidance hour by hour and power to follow that guidance. It is writing the law on our hearts. And it is a process to be sure.

A pure heart can only produce pure works, a dark heart cannot.

Wisdom an knowledge.
Thanks for that.
Thank you and bless you for offering us your great wisdom and knowledge.

Where would we be without you?

Absolutely, we are under the Law of Christ because he purchased us from the law.
And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day,
to observe and to do them:

Deuteronomy 28:13

So we follow the things Christ commands us to do which is much greater than just the written code.
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me.
Matthew 10:38

It is the indwelling of Christ by the Holy Spirit giving us guidance hour by hour and power to follow that guidance.
He that eateth My flesh, and drinketh My blood, dwelleth in Me, and I in him.
John 6:56

It is writing the law on our hearts.
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

And it is a process to be sure.
Therefore shall ye lay up these My words in your heart and in your soul,
and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Deuteronomy 11:18

A pure heart can only produce pure works, a dark heart cannot.
O that there were such an heart in them,
that they would fear Me, and keep all My commandments always,
that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

Deuteronomy 5:29

Back