• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

THE 1000 YEAR MILLENNIUM - MILLENNIAL REIGN

Greetings again meshak,
My conclusion is the bottom line of salvation, meaning I consider all the scripture to fit into Jesus' word.
Jesus' word or teaching is the key to salvation and it is not that complicated.
After all, Christianity is all about salvation.
We need to listen to ALL the Word of God. The following is a good example which may be summarised in Jesus' teaching, but here spelt out in direct and clear instructions.
Acts 20:170-32 (KJV): 17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church. 18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons, 19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: 20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23 Save that the Holy Spirit witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God. 25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. 26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. 27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. 28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Spirit hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. 32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. 33 I have coveted no man’s silver, or gold, or apparel. 34 Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me. 35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
If these elders did not follow Paul's instructions then they would not be saved. The very development of the RCC bishops of later centuries ignored this teaching.

Kind regards
Trevor

We need to listen to ALL the Word of God.
I consider all the world of God which is OT and Jesus' word.

You guys make simple salvation so complicated. Abd that's what Paul did too.

When Jesus said "it is written" He was talking about OT.

Greetings again meshak,
I consider all the world of God which is OT and Jesus' word.
You guys make simple salvation so complicated. Abd that's what Paul did too.
When Jesus said "it is written" He was talking about OT.
I imagine that you have torn out Acts to Jude from your Bible and Acts includes Peter and John and Philip and Paul and others. What about the Book of Revelation? It is interesting that Jesus addresses the same Congregation in his first Letter to the Ephesians in Revelation 2:1, and where would this be possible except for Paul's preaching and ministration for 2 years and even the advice given by Paul to the Elders in Acts 20.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again meshak,

I imagine that you have torn out Acts to Jude from your Bible and Acts includes Peter and John and Philip and Paul and others. What about the Book of Revelation? It is interesting that Jesus addresses the same Congregation in his first Letter to the Ephesians in Revelation 2:1, and where would this be possible except for Paul's preaching and ministration for 2 years and even the advice given by Paul to the Elders in Acts 20.

Kind regards
Trevor
All apostles except paul harmonize with Jesus' word. And Paul did not write the book of revelation.

I had forgotten that the end of 2 Cor 6 quotes Ezek 37 about the living temple coming into existence. The meaning is clearly that the believers are that temple. Even more important, the Judaizers represent a group that would really have an issue with that and makes the declaration even sharper and bolder.

Greetings again Pipiripi,

John 14:1-3 (KJV): 1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jesus in the above does not say that he is going to the Father, nor does he say that he is going to heaven. You would like these verses to say that, but it does not. He says "I go to prepare a place for you." Jesus went to be crucified in order to prepare a place for us in His Father's House, God's Spiritual Temple.

Kind regards
Trevor

Also see #281 about Ezek 37

I had forgotten that the end of 2 Cor 6 quotes Ezek 37 about the living temple coming into existence. The meaning is clearly that the believers are that temple. Even more important, the Judaizers represent a group that would really have an issue with that and makes the declaration even sharper and bolder.

Further on this: the intro to the quote by Paul is contrasting the temple of God with that of Belial. Ooof.

Greetings again meshak,
All apostles except paul harmonize with Jesus' word.
I hope that you may gradually resolve this perspective. My early experience was with my Sunday School teacher who emphasised the link between the Promises to Abraham concerning the Land Genesis 13:14-15 and Paul's exposition in Galatians 3:8,16,26-27,28,29. A few years later in my early 20's I moved to another meeting and we studied the Book of Galatians and then 1 Corinthians chapters 1-4. Much of this has stayed with me and I would be interested if you consider the following is relevant to your perspective:
1 Corinthians 1:10–13 (KJV): 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again meshak,

I hope that you may gradually resolve this perspective. My early experience was with my Sunday School teacher who emphasised the link between the Promises to Abraham concerning the Land Genesis 13:14-15 and Paul's exposition in Galatians 3:8,16,26-27,28,29. A few years later in my early 20's I moved to another meeting and we studied the Book of Galatians and then 1 Corinthians chapters 1-4. Much of this has stayed with me and I would be interested if you consider the following is relevant to your perspective:
1 Corinthians 1:10–13 (KJV): 10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Kind regards
Trevor
I am of Christ.

All apostles except paul harmonize with Jesus' word. And Paul did not write the book of revelation.

It may look that way because of the needed placement of the facts of the Gospel above the human narrative of Jesus, but there is no conflict between Paul and Jesus. A good place to start is the example of Jn 2 about the temple that is restored. John says that Jesus was speaking about his body, but it wasn't really understood til later (this is repeated a lot). At first, then, this appears to conflict. The disciples don't realize that it will eventually harmonize; of course, Judaism does not. This is John's way of saying both: that it was already expressed, but not absorbed until the resurrection and the Spirit was given. Cp. 7:39.

It may look that way because of the needed placement of the facts of the Gospel above the human narrative of Jesus, but there is no conflict between Paul and Jesus. A good place to start is the example of Jn 2 about the temple that is restored. John says that Jesus was speaking about his body, but it wasn't really understood til later (this is repeated a lot). At first, then, this appears to conflict. The disciples don't realize that it will eventually harmonize; of course, Judaism does not. This is John's way of saying both: that it was already expressed, but not absorbed until the resurrection and the Spirit was given. Cp. 7:39.
I am convinced that He have all the information that we need to know about the gospel to His twelve apostles.

Jesus says He is the Teacher and not let one call you a teacher.

I don't think you guys are respecting much of His word.

I am convinced that He have all the information that we need to know about the gospel to His twelve apostles.

Jesus says He is the Teacher and not let one call you a teacher.

I don't think you guys are respecting much of His word.

Then what is the disunity with Paul? Do you also minimize Jesus actually intercepting and guiding him for the decade following that interception?

Back