• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Run away from Apologetics! (Don't become a lawyer)

I do not know Mr. E's beliefs and we have never talked about them before privately to each other.

I can only speak for myself, in what I believe is true and subjective.

As people wonder at my crazy ideas that I have, well the truth to me is this:

And no one has asked me the simple question of "Matthew what are your overall beliefs in the bible?"

Here are some of my beliefs that are in my heart concerning the bible.

Jesus Christ came down from heaven in the flesh, (At one time being the Word of God). He had a second name Immanuel which means God with us (those of faith in Christ have God with them by and through the Holy Spirit as Jesus did being among them in their day in age). Jesus was born of the virgin Mary. Jesus was also the image of the invisible God, and God was with Jesus by and through the Holy Spirit when he was baptized by John the Baptist in the River Jordan. The Mission Jesus had came to do was to reconcile the Jewish people and the Gentiles to God in which the Jewish people of the Nation of Israel whom was Jesus own people; decided to Crucify him on the Cross, he was buried, and he went to hell / sheol and went and talked to those in the paradise part of Sheol and those who were in prison for three days proclaiming some message to them. Then the Father, raised Jesus Christ up from the dead, and then Jesus had ascended after being with his disciples for awhile. He promised that He was going to come back during his stay with his disciples, and told them to be ready for the wrath of God was going to come down upon the Nation of Israel in that day, and those who were not going to experience any part of it needed to be on watch and on guard, those people where taken away in that day and did not suffer wrath was the Bride of Christ the - 144,000 people of the 12 tribes of Israel in which had not defiled themselves as the other Jewish people whom either were of weaker faith, and those who went to having idols.

Overall I believe that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life, and that no one comes to Father except through Him, and those who do believe in the death, burial, and resurrection in faith receive the holy spirit, and the spirit of Christ, and that they are born again and they can continue to learn and grow from the teachings of Christ though not everything in the Gospel may pertain to us specifically, and the same thing goes for Paul and his letters, and the other apostles in their letters, there are many things to be learned and gained from reading and studying the bible however because of it's contents, there are many different denominations and there are people who teach in different formats, in which they make out things to be for our day in age, and that is where I start to disagree for the most part.

Those in faith in the Lord Jesus Christ become children of God, and they are given the power to become Sons and Daughters of God by seeking out in faith and living and abiding in Christ which produces what the holy Spirit produce, which is love, peace, gentleness, long-suffering towards other people who may be difficult to get along with, and when we die from this earth we will be given spiritual rewards based on self-sacrifice and love towards God, first over all else, and having love towards others.

I also believe that Hell is over and done with along with Satan and his demons, and I believe all people will enter into the Heavenly Realm, there will non-believers on the outside of the kingdom, and there will be those who lived in faith having the ability to enter into the kingdom of the new Heavenly Jerusalem. Yet people do not so readily accept Revelation 22 as a reality which is after all things in Revelation 20 - 21, are done and over with.

Just because someone disagrees with any of these stances that I hold dear as truth,

1 Corinthians 10: 29 It might not be a matter of conscience for you, but it is for the other person.) For why should my freedom be limited by what someone else thinks?

God is able to keep me standing, or he can simply push me over, and there is no need in mans involvement for this as God is the one who works in my individual mind and heart.

With these mentions @Arial, I believe there are eternal truths, and also eternal principles in the teachings of Jesus Christ, also with the Apostles writings, that are good to be learned from that increase faith. So therefore, not everything is subjective. I am terrible with words and maybe that is what people thing, I just say everything in bible is subjective that is not at all it.

Historical notions is a good things but everyone lives their life subjectively in their own actions they are accountable to God alone.

I believe those there are some things in there that can be looked at subjectively : As like a question to say : What about the Nations out there that never heard the name "JESUS" can they be saved > Some would be THEY GO TO HELL... -> The thing is God is known through creation, so anyone making a dogmatic statement like that is wrong...

Then you agree with Matthew that the Bible is completely subjective and if it is objective, it is impossible for anyone to know its objective truth. And nothing stated by anyone ever, is objective truth, but all is subjective. Truth itself is subjective. God Himself is subjective. Well I guess tossing it all out is the best objectivity we can arrive at.

Everything that you say you believe that Shroom listed is against actual objective truth in the Bible. You read the Bible subjectively and selectively. One might as well not read it at all under those circumstances. Everyone should just write their own Bible. What's God got to do with it?

No, I don’t agree with all of that at all.

It most certainly does, E.

Most certainly eh? Because you declare, or because you insist? Because you believe otherwise?

—Because you most certainly don’t “know.”

Trying hard to be a hard head shroom? I guess you’ve chosen to be rocky soil.

Most certainly eh? Because you declare, or because you insist? Because you believe otherwise?

—Because you most certainly don’t “know.”
I do know. The Bible says, explicitly, several times, that Jesus Christ did not sin.

Trying hard to be a hard head shroom? I guess you’ve chosen to be rocky soil.
You do you, E.

You do you, E.

E believes Jesus Christ sinned. That's his subjective belief. It directly contradicts the Bible.
E believes the father of Jesus Christ is Joseph. That's his subjective belief. It directly contradicts the Bible.
E believes "Christ" is a spirit that descended on Jesus. The Bible says Jesus IS the Christ.

You do you.

I do know. The Bible says, explicitly, several times, that Jesus Christ did not sin.

You do you, E.

It says all men have sinned. Jesus was a man, right shroom? I know you believe this. You’ve said so many times.

I believe those there are some things in there that can be looked at subjectively : As like a question to say : What about the Nations out there that never heard the name "JESUS" can they be saved > Some would be THEY GO TO HELL... -> The thing is God is known through creation, so anyone making a dogmatic statement like that is wrong...
Knowing that God exists is not what saves a person. The salvation message is only in scripture.

Some people believe that God picks and chooses who he saves as well.

That is a subjective few in my opinion due to a lot context pertaining to the nation of Israel.

Everyone has a choice - to believe there is a bigger God than themselves, and also they can learn about the Son of God, and the holy spirit and the things of the like nature.

So as I have stated clearly, everyone lives their life subjectively some seek out for God in faith even if they do not know Jesus in those tribes out there who may not even have the gospel... God through the notion of being seen through Creation, He is a very good background checker, and also a loving God who is just and righteous in his judgements.

To say that what you said @Arial, I am sorry to tell you but God is bigger than what your words have said, but you may believe what you desire.

Love you! Take care, thank you for understanding.

Yes, Shroom. Jesus is the only one whom never sinned, however at Jesus death, I believe sin was imputed to him for being a sin offering or something another.

Jesus was the living sacrifice, and he partook in payment for all sins of the entire world, somehow and God made him who knew no sin, to be sin for us somehow, I do not know how that works.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Maybe this is what Mr. E is referring to. I do not know.

It does. Jesus Christ is the exception, as the Bible plainly states many times.

Yes, absolutely.

Yet others like @Arial for example would tell you that the Bible states plainly many times that Jesus was not just a man, but God.

Is she being subjective in her beliefs about what the Bible plainly says, or are you?

Back