• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus' Testimony

You might want to pay better attention to what people say.
I have never said that I believe there are two Gods.
stay on the topic.

this thread is about Jesus' testimony, not your understanding of His word.

You might want to pay better attention to what people say.
I have never said that I believe there are two Gods.
this is Jesus' Testimony:

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
After speaking these words, " I am the light of the world. " The Pharisees remembered that Jesus had previously said, If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. (John 5:31)

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. (John 8:13)

However, the Pharisees didn't remember that the LORD had told them, "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deut 18:18)
So Jesus tells the Pharisees, "It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (John 8:17-18) So any witness that says Jesus was speaking of himself when he said that the Word bear witness and the Spirit beareth witness of the light of the world obviously doesn't know the Holy Ghost yet.

Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father?
Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

After speaking these words, " I am the light of the world. " The Pharisees remembered that Jesus had previously said, If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. (John 5:31)

The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. (John 8:13)

However, the Pharisees didn't remember that the LORD had told them, "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deut 18:18)
So Jesus tells the Pharisees, "It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me." (John 8:17-18) So any witness that says Jesus was speaking of himself when he said that the Word bear witness and the Spirit beareth witness of the light of the world obviously doesn't know the Holy Ghost yet.

Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father?
Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

What does this have to do with what Jesus said about Himself and His Father's identification?

No trin disagrees with the verse.
Now what?

What does this have to do with what Jesus said about Himself and His Father's identification?
If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31

Why do ask what Jesus said about himself? (that is a rhetorical question seeing that it has already been answered)

It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me."

"and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."
Matt 11:27

... for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matt 16:17

Why do ask what Jesus said about himself? (that is a rhetorical question seeing that it has already been answered)

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me."

"and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."

... for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matt 16:17
So are you saying His testimony is not credible?

He says His Father testifies about Him.

No trin disagrees with the verse.
Now what?
Then why do you continually say triune God is His God?

You continually play a game against His own word.

It will not work and is so childish.

It is the same as all man-made doctrines, trying to justify unjustifiable.

Are you saying OP's testimony is not credible?

Please don't play a beating around-the-bush game.

John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
John 16:26 "I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."
John 17:5 "And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself,with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

Back