• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus' Testimony

Only to those who believe their God impregnated a female that gave birth to male child.

They can't understand how the Gods in Genesis 1 become the LORD God in Genesis 2 and how these two Spirits became one LORD when the Woman of flesh who gave birth to the living child of flesh and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Do I have any expectation that they might consider that the marriage bed doesn't defile the male and female who procreate during marriage, but it is the LORD that puts life into that flesh before the two become one flesh by the birth of the child, nah.
Have you seen anyone here say that God impregnated the woman Eve?

You are obviously using this scripture as a proof text regarding your opinion of the trinity. So what is it you are asking for?
I am not asking anything.

I am only providing the unshakable Jesus' word of His Father is the only true God.

What, Jesus telling them not to pick up the Bible till the Spirit of truth comes to teach them? Well, its a little late to tell them now isn't it.

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
John 14:17-18

Two spirits can't occupy the same body of mass at the same time :LOL:
strange comment.

Spirits aren't words. And words aren't spirits. That sounds like a logos doctrine where words have force.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 6:63

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

This is the OP verse.

So triune god is a false god.

strange comment.
Not really considering,

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. Deut 18:20

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45

So do you know the difference between the book of life and the book of knowledge of good and evil?

So who is your teacher? The Holy Spirit? So did the Holy Spirit teach you what the passage meant when it was written that no man cometh to the word except the One who sent the word draws him to the word? So unless you heard that One and or learned of that One, then you have no one teaching you.

If you couldn't teach yourself how to read without a teacher, which no man can, then are which by the way, I trust you know how man learns of things that he does not know. He either obtains the knowledge of that he didn't know by either being taught by someone who does know or from actual experience.

Not really considering,

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. Deut 18:20

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. John 6:45

So do you know the difference between the book of life and the book of knowledge of good and evil?

So who is your teacher? The Holy Spirit? So did the Holy Spirit teach you what the passage meant when it was written that no man cometh to the word except the One who sent the word draws him to the word? So unless you heard that One and or learned of that One, then you have no one teaching you.

If you couldn't teach yourself how to read without a teacher, which no man can, then are which by the way, I trust you know how man learns of things that he does not know. He either obtains the knowledge of that he didn't know by either being taught by someone who does know or from actual experience.
Still off-topic.

stay om the topic.

This thread is about "Jesus is the only way to the Father".

It is Christians' faith, not your view.

:) My post and the link to my 'Re-appraisal of Arian Christology' is quite central to the 'testimony of Jesus' as it relates to his claim to be the 'Son of God' or the claims of those who believe he claimed to be 'God', which is what the whole Arian Controversy in the 4th century was about, an important historical period in the formation of 'Christianity'. On a scholarly note such knowledge is essential to christian theology as we know it and HOW it evolved. There is much more than just a simpeton view and assumption of what Jesus taught as it was compiled in the gospels by unknown authors and one's own belief-concept of the Jesus-chracter, as more facets of the greater picture come into view as you dig deeper down the bunny trails that appear as you investigate further on the history and doctrinal developments within 'Christianity'.

Your own OP is not necesssarily about Jesus being the ONLY way to the Father, but simply proposing a Unitarian view of Jesus relationship to the Father, which Arianism is one form, among other variations. On this point, Unitarians and Arians agree that Jesus had a 'God' and 'Father', and if we would stretch this even to 'trins'....they also accept that the Son and Father are distinct personalities, albiet part of one Godhead.....one can argue the metaphysics involved and mince at words,......in the greater overview....all sons of God are BOTH one with God their Father, and seperate as distinct personalities. Jesus prayed that we all be ONE with 'God', in holy community, in spirit and truth.

Of course Jesus the MAN had a 'God' and 'Father'.....all begotten and/or created beings.....have a Father and Mother for that matter....both are essential to bring forth offspring. There is One Univesal Father-Mother-God who is the Creator of all.

Acknowledging this does not necessarily prove or disprove a Trinity existing,....just that Jesus as a Man was simply recognizing and claiming that he had the same 'God' and 'Father' that all souls have, since he shared our common humanity and was an actual human being. The Father who is unbegotten, is the Father of all begotten beings. - this is the point here, which correlates to other aspects of the subject at hand. Connect the dots......

---------------------o

Last edited by a moderator:
Your own OP is not necesssarily about Jesus being the ONLY way to the Father,
You are right, but your commentary is still off-topic from Jesus'centered Christianity.

You are promoting your universalism.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
John 6:63
Just one problem, spirit is definitive and singular in the Greek.

Back