• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus' Testimony

I agree that the ONE NAME is YHWH,
Good.

but I guess that Jasher was claiming that the ONE NAME was God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
Right.

I believe that the One name is Yahweh and this is speaking of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father. This One Name "He who will be" is developed in the birth, ministry and resurrection of Jesus the Son of God and thus Jesus is incorporated into the One Name Yahweh.
It is the single name of the three stated.

Greetings again Sissy,
It is the single name of the three stated.
Yes, Jesus is included in the Name Yahweh. The faithful are also part of this single Name when they are baptised into Jesus. But the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the principal source of the Name and the All Things.
Exodus 3:14 (KJV); 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM (or I will be who I will be): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (or I will be) hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD (or He will be) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
This reveals the singular God "I", "He", "I will be", "He will be", "Yahweh" not the "We" and "They" of the Trinity.

Matthew 6:9 (KJV): After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
John 12:27-29 (KJV): 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
John 17:6 (KJV): I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Jesus does not include himself here in the Father's name as it is first a distinct Name for the One God, Yahweh, God the Father before it becomes the family Name. Jesus is the Son of God, the Son of the One God, Yahweh.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings again Sissy,
Howdy do!

Yes, Jesus is included in the Name Yahweh.
Yep, that's what the verse says.
Just another way that scripture reveals that YHWH is a unity.

The faithful are also part of this single Name when they are baptised into Jesus.
That's not what the verse says.

But the One God, Yahweh, God the Father is the principal source of the Name and the All Things.
"Principal" source means there is another source in the combination, again describing a unity.
And we know from the scripture of John 1 & Colossians 1 that the Son is also the source of all things.

John 1
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) He was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4) In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
(9) The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Colossians 1
(15) He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
(16) For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.
(17) And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Exodus 3:14 (KJV); 13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM (or I will be who I will be): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM (or I will be) hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD (or He will be) God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
This reveals the singular God "I", "He", "I will be", "He will be", "Yahweh" not the "We" and "They" of the Trinity.
When reading scripture one cannot grammatically go by pronouns since YHWH is a unity.
We have in scripture YHWH saying "Let us make man".
We have scriptures where YHWH is referenced grammatically in the 1st person, 2nd person, and even 3rd person.
We have scriptures where there is grammatically 2 YHWHs in the same verse, such as when scripture says YHWH rained down fire from YHWH.
etc.

Apparently the scripture writers did not get the memo that it was necessary to go by modern grammar standards.

Matthew 6:9 (KJV): After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
John 12:27-29 (KJV): 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. 28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
John 17:6 (KJV): I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Jesus does not include himself here in the Father's name as it is first a distinct Name for the One God, Yahweh, God the Father before it becomes the family Name. Jesus is the Son of God, the Son of the One God, Yahweh.
Jesus is using the terminology of "Father", not YHWH.
No one disputes it is His Father Jesus is talking about.
But none of the above scriptures you have quoted prove YHWH is not a unity.

Even the ones that did not believe Jesus was the promised Messiah knew what Jesus was saying by calling Him "Father".

John 5
(18) This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

One must ask themselves why they even had the notion that calling God His own Father made Jesus equal with God when man could refer to God as "Father" as well.
They knew Jesus was not using the term "Father" in the same manner as others did.

Kind regards
Trevor
And to you as well, Trevor.
God bless our studies.

Greetings again Sissy,
The faithful are also part of this single Name when they are baptised into Jesus.
That's not what the verse says.
Matthew 28:19 (KJV): Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:
I was interested whether "in" was in the sense "into" and this is one of the many meanings of the Greek word "eis", and is the first and prominent meaning in the following Dictionary:
1519 εἰς [eis] prep. A primary preposition; 1773 occurrences; AV translates as “into” 573 times, “to” 281 times, “unto” 207 times, “for” 140 times, “in” 138 times, “on” 58 times, “toward” 29 times, “against” 26 times, and translated miscellaneously 321 times. 1 into, unto, to, towards, for, among.

Yes, Jesus is included in the Name Yahweh.
Yep, that's what the verse says.
Just another way that scripture reveals that YHWH is a unity.
Now I will not demand that "eis" in Matthew 28:19 must be translated as "into" as there is a range of possible meanings. But the same word "eis" is translated "into" in the following, and the parallel phrases substantiate this translation here and the subject is baptism again:
Galatians 3:24–29 (KJV): 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Yes, those who are united with Christ by faith and baptism become children of God, brethren of Christ the Son of God, and partake of the Yahweh Name unity, as stated above.
"Principal" source means there is another source in the combination, again describing a unity.
God is the Father the source of the All Things. We also derive our sonship through Jesus, the firstborn of the New Creation, the Son of the One God, Yahweh, God the Father.
When reading scripture one cannot grammatically go by pronouns since YHWH is a unity.
We have in scripture YHWH saying "Let us make man".
We need to be careful in every context. I believe the "us" and "our" of Genesis 1:26 is the One God, Yahweh, God the Father inviting the Angels to participate in the creation of man Psalm 8:5.
We have scriptures where there is grammatically 2 YHWHs in the same verse, such as when scripture says YHWH rained down fire from YHWH.
I consider that this is the Name Bearing Angel bringing fire down from the One God, Yahweh, God the Father in heaven. Refer also Zechariah 3:1-2, Jude 9
Jesus is using the terminology of "Father", not YHWH. No one disputes it is His Father Jesus is talking about. But none of the above scriptures you have quoted prove YHWH is not a unity.
Yahweh is a unity, and he eventually will become "All in All" 1 Corinthians 15:28.

Kind regards
Trevor

Father's name is YHWH Son's name is Jesus or Jesua, and Holy Ghost is a Spirit.
You do know that the Holy Ghost is a phasma, or which translates to "a being of light".

Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Matt 1:20
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35
As written in John 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:

On the road to Damascus, who do you think that light was that Saul saw at midday that was brighter than sun?

Greetings again Jasher,
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. Luke 1:35
Yes, Jesus is the Son of God. The video also states this @0m 51secs, that Jesus is the Son of God. I agree. There is one God, Yahweh, God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection. Paul saw Jesus after Jesus had been glorified on the Road to Damascus.

Kind regards
Trevor

You do know that the Holy Ghost is a phasma, or which translates to "a being of light".

Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Matt 1:20
As written in John 14:7, If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also:

On the road to Damascus, who do you think that light was that Saul saw at midday that was brighter than sun?

You are shifting the question.

I am the questioner, you are the questionee.

do not be so crafty.

One must ask themselves why they even had the notion that calling God His own Father made Jesus equal with God when man could refer to God as "Father" as well.
They knew Jesus was not using the term "Father" in the same manner as others did.
Also YHWH was the covenant name for God given to Israel in the old covenant. Father is the covenant name of God given to those in Christ. He is as a Father to us, we His children. Jesus as the Son come as also Son of man, addresses Him as Father, and we in Him, He is our brother. But His essence is God just as before His incarnation. "My Lord and my God."

Also YHWH was the covenant name for God given to Israel in the old covenant. Father is the covenant name of God given to those in Christ. He is as a Father to us, we His children. Jesus as the Son come as also Son of man, addresses Him as Father, and we in Him, He is our brother. But His essence is God just as before His incarnation. "My Lord and my God."
thus misrepresentation continues.........

Back