• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Is The Bible A Failure?

Hi Phedup.
I think we guessed this would be a divisive topic.
I think my history on the collection of Scripture into the text we know today could do with some further study.
I was intrigued by the Russian Czar point you made. It reminded me of Henry VIII and the political sphere seizing the church domain and the Tyndale translation being used as a political football.
I sense more reading ahead of me: just when I thought I was going to have light weekend!
Thank you for the compliment: Mark and I had been invited to be chaplains here... and it is not taxing, no Vishnu eruptions! I am always comfortable assisting with talking things through- as long as you talk into my good ear!
Blessings
L.B.
I have a question for you. For what purpose will you do more reading? Are you checking up on God to see if he really did do a good job with the bible? Is there any doubt in your mind that a God who would sacrifice His Son for us would allow a record of that to be corrupted?

Do you really think @Phedup is for the bible or against it as a whole? The bible either stands as a whole or collapses as a whole. If men can judge the validity of whichever part they chose then the bible is no better than the Koran, or the Tripitaka.

Of course, this is not about Phedup, but about our own faith in God's Word.

I have a question for you. For what purpose will you do more reading? Are you checking up on God to see if he really did do a good job with the bible? Is there any doubt in your mind that a God who would sacrifice His Son for us would allow a record of that to be corrupted?

Do you really think @Phedup is for the bible or against it as a whole? The bible either stands as a whole or collapses as a whole. If men can judge the validity of whichever part they chose then the bible is no better than the Koran, or the Tripitaka.

Of course, this is not about Phedup, but about our own faith in God's Word.
Hi GA,
Reassure you, I see the Bible as the inspired Word of God. And my reading will be more on the history of the canon.
Phedup knows my stance, and in the unfolding chat, seemed we have a shared passion for history.
GA, we both collaborated on making posts for the case of the 66 text Bible. And that was a great collaboration.
Our faith is common and our theology is peas in a pod! Our faith in God's Word and the whole Bible is resolute and steadfast.
I enjoyed collaborating with you and when I reached out to you for a supporting verse you provided the best one for our case.
I look forward to further joint activities...
:) LB

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, sometimes I make jokes and I don't care if no one else laughs,

You are in danger of commiting blasphamus heresy by your flagrant claim of idolitry. You say the bible is "God's word" when God does not say it. When you attribute the divine to be of evil or evil to be devine that is blasphemy and your claim is against the holy spirit. You know, the one you can't be forgiven for, which also is a proof against the trinity btw, why can you blaspheme God or Jesus and be forgiven and not the Holy Spirit if they are one and the same? Ya.

If God did not say that he inspired the bible then saying he did, at the minimum, is a lie, but if you then use that as an axiom in your theology, you are now a heretic and an idolitor-one who worships an object to be a god.

Repent.
DID you said God does not say the Bible is His word?

Blade

Hi GA,
"Reassure you, I see the Bible as the inspired Word of God." And my reading will be more on the history of the canon.
Phedup knows my stance, and in the unfolding chat, seemed we have a shared passion for history.
GA, we both collaborated on making posts for the case of the 66 text Bible. And that was a great collaboration.
Our faith is common and our theology is peas in a pod! Our faith in God's Word and the whole Bible is resolute and steadfast.
I enjoyed collaborating with you and when I reached out to you for a supporting verse you provided the best one for our case.
I look forward to further joint activities...
:) LB
You said: "Reassure you, I see the Bible as the inspired Word of God."
you are one of a few that do--Blessings.

Blade

Inspiration is never 3rd hand.

That sentence is nonsensical.

You have no idea how many witnesses corroborated this account.

That is exactly the point. It could be a million just as well as it could be 0. However, in the context of the Gospel that Jesus preached, it is probably 0, with a probability of 99.99%, I'm guessing.

Paul's accounts do not contradict each other.
Acts 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless because they heard the voice but saw no one.

Acts 22:9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

Paul's accounts do not contradict each other.
And, sinse edit timer ran out.

Acts 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless because they heard the voice but saw no one.
vs
Acts 22:9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

Acts 26:14 vs Acts 9:7

Acts 26:16-18 vs Acts 22:10

Acts 22:10 -Paul claims God told him to go to Damascus. But Paul went to Arabia instead.

Back