• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Is The Bible A Failure?

The shamans of religion appeal to mystery's that aren't there and the fears of insecure people. The Israelites lied about parts of their history, I have no faith in their exaggerations or the accusations they made about God. The core of the problem with Bible worshipers is that people aren't buying it anymore. The wizard of OZ was an old nut job behind the curtain. The truth is, there wasn't anything behind the vail in the Temple, just some old boxes.

Yes there wasn't anything behind the vail in the Temple used to represent the foreskin of the Son of man the ceremonial circummsion fulfilled , just some old boxes .No king the pagan foundation .

Then Satan according to the parable in Revelation 20 fell not having the false power as if the God of all nations. Never again seducing mankind a person must have Jewish flesh, God has no flesh. He is not a man as the wizard of Oz.

Revelation 20: 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Yes, and it is true.
wrong, 2 TIm 3:16..(KJV)>>"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" Notice it says "ALL" scripture

Psa 12:6-7..(KJV).
."The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Here he tells you what He thinks of His WORD and what is going to do for these words..He is going to preserve them FOREVER.

You sadly wrong

Blade

That sentence is nonsensical.
To some people, yes, it is.

That is exactly the point. It could be a million just as well as it could be 0. However, in the context of the Gospel that Jesus preached, it is probably 0, with a probability of 99.99%, I'm guessing.
That is true of the entire bible and Yes, you are guessing. That is why it is better to know it by faith.

Acts 9:7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless because they heard the voice but saw no one.

Acts 22:9 Now those who were with me saw the light but did not hear the voice of the one who was speaking to me.
You said Paul's accounts. One of these is Paul's account the other is not. But even then, if we consider that the voice came off as thunder to those around Paul. Bith accounts jibe.

Yes there wasn't anything behind the vail in the Temple used to represent the foreskin of the Son of man the ceremonial circummsion fulfilled , just some old boxes .No king the pagan foundation .

Then Satan according to the parable in Revelation 20 fell not having the false power as if the God of all nations. Never again seducing mankind a person must have Jewish flesh, God has no flesh. He is not a man as the wizard of Oz.

Revelation 20: 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Who is filling you head with all this Stuff?

Blade

wrong, 2 TIm 3:16..(KJV)>>"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" Notice it says "ALL" scripture

Psa 12:6-7..(KJV).
."The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

Here he tells you what He thinks of His WORD and what is going to do for these words..He is going to preserve them FOREVER.

You sadly wrong

Blade
2 Timothy 3:16 is a uniting verse for the case for the Bible as the inspired Word of God. Blade it is warming to see this concurring in the case for 66 text Bible as God breathed Word.
Paul comprehended the voice and its articulation.. for sure the other may have witnessed a Godly event, but not comprehending the precise articulation.
Does that help?
Blessings Blade,
LB

Inspiration is never 3rd hand. You have no idea how many witnesses corroborated this account. Paul's accounts do not contradict each other.

Corroboration is nothing after 2000 years of editorial opportunities by the monks copying this stuff to make all the edges line up nicely, we all know that.

Plenty of pagan or alternative religions with corroborated accounts.

It is not proof, and it comes of as disingenuous and eye-roll educing when we use it as such. Don't be insecure in faith. The evidence is in the universal truth of the teaching and the words, not in the quantity of ancient testimony. Framing it like this makes us seem dumb and turns people off.

2 Timothy 3:16 is a uniting verse for the case for the Bible as the inspired Word of God. Blade it is warming to see this concurring in the case for 66 text Bible as God breathed Word.
Paul comprehended the voice and its articulation.. for sure the other may have witnessed a Godly event, but not comprehending the precise articulation.
Does that help?
Blessings Blade,
LB
it helps a lot...LB...thanks.....Truth in a nut shell is God is the author of the Bible.

Blade

it helps a lot...LB...thanks.....Truth in a nut shell is God is the author of the Bible.

Blade
In a post-modern environment: Authorial Intention and Omniscient Narration still stand within Scripture as pivotal positioning as God Inspired Word

In a post-modern environment: Authorial Intention and Omniscient Narration still stand within Scripture as pivotal positioning as God Inspired Word
Yes, but thin inspired word also included the characters of each writer and their individual nuances. Paul tells us in :

Gal 2:20..I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Here Paul is confirming that even though He has a will to do things, He still cannot say He is responsible for his actions in his life but yet at the same time, he cannot blame the Holy Spirit for His actions either.

God Not only inspired them to write His words, but he also used the words that they would say as inspired as well. Does this make sense?

Blade

Yes, but thin inspired word also included the characters of each writer and their individual nuances. Paul tells us in :

Gal 2:20..I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

Here Paul is confirming that even though He has a will to do things, He still cannot say He is responsible for his actions in his life but yet at the same time, he cannot blame the Holy Spirit for His actions either.

God Not only inspired them to write His words, but he also used the words that they would say as inspired as well. Does this make sense?

Blade
The Holy Spirit working through him. Paul is a willful 'prisoner in Christ', and his spirit conforms to the work of the Holy Spirit producing God's Word. Often the Holy Spirit can be neglected in this, and it is likely related to some who read the Bible as, any other text.
I think I understand Blade.

Back