• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

How Does Jesus Save Us?

Thank you sir.

To my mind, the word 'keep' means to hear and do, forever.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Matthew 7:24

Know therefore
that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God,
which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations;

Deuteronomy 7:9

First reference doth them Not keep without fail

To keep is to guard. Mankind cannot keep the every commandemn with falling .

Genisis 3:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genisis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genisis 3: 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep (Guard) the way of the tree of life.

Sin was already in the world becuse the "crafty beast" was fallen, evil, working against God when he approached Eve. The world was also already populated, that's why Cain was afraid to leave his people.
Eve sinned before Adam, so the Israelites screwed that up as well in the story!
We are saved by the original, pre-cross Gospel of FAITH in the Father and the responsibility that comes with being a child of God. The gospel of salvation was already around however vastly overcomplicated by Judaism.

Jesus refined it, made it more clear and conceptually simple.......but then Christianity overcomplicated it again.
I would agree the gospel was already around . the lamb of God slain from the foundation .the 6 days the father did work , outwardly demonstrated thousands of years later.

I would disagree with the reason you offered for Cain. Cain was seeking the death penatltiy as a restless wanderer he hid himself from those who would look for justice. By the mark of his word or propmise Cain would suffer the incresed load "the suffering of hell" that he said he could not bear .

Geneisis 4: 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Again no easy way out.

First reference doth them Not keep without fail
Thank you, Mr G Lee.

Maybe if you hear it from Luke.

Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them,
I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock:
and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it:
for it was founded upon a rock.

Luke 6:47-48

To keep is to guard. Mankind cannot keep the every commandemn with falling .
My son,
if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee;

Proverbs 2:1

My son,
keep My words, and lay up My commandments with thee.

Proverbs 7:1

Genisis 3:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genisis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Genisis 3: 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep (Guard) the way of the tree of life.
Now you know what have to overcome.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:7

I would agree the gospel was already around . the lamb of God slain from the foundation .the 6 days the father did work , outwardly demonstrated thousands of years later.

I would disagree with the reason you offered for Cain. Cain was seeking the death penatltiy as a restless wanderer he hid himself from those who would look for justice. By the mark of his word or propmise Cain would suffer the incresed load "the suffering of hell" that he said he could not bear .

Geneisis 4: 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Again no easy way out.
One half of your brain lies to the other half and the other half believes it! Your twisted interpretation of plain statements in the Bible is desperate and silly! "Cain was seeking the death penatltiy as a restless wanderer he hid himself from those who would look for justice. By the mark of his word or propmise Cain would suffer the incresed load "the suffering of hell" that he said he could not bear ."

Is there anyone else in the world who sees these things from this quote:

13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

From that you conclude that Cain was seeking the death penalty?

One half of your brain lies to the other half and the other half believes it! Your twisted interpretation of plain statements in the Bible is desperate and silly! "Cain was seeking the death penatltiy as a restless wanderer he hid himself from those who would look for justice. By the mark of his word or propmise Cain would suffer the incresed load "the suffering of hell" that he said he could not bear ."

Is there anyone else in the world who sees these things from this quote:

13 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

From that you conclude that Cain was seeking the death penalty?
Its what he said. "My punishment is greater than I can bear". I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

The lord had a different idea an eye for a eye in other words .Live by the sword die by it he was not to get of that easy. Not yoked with Christ like his brother Abel he murdered he would have no rest in the punishment that was more than he could bear always looking over his back looking for the grim reaper.

Genisis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark (666) upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

666 the mark of the word. What God says does come to pass.

Thank you, Mr G Lee.

Maybe if you hear it from Luke.

Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them,
I will shew you to whom he is like:
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock:
and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it:
for it was founded upon a rock.

Luke 6:47-48

My son,
if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee;

Proverbs 2:1

My son,
keep My words, and lay up My commandments with thee.

Proverbs 7:1

Now you know what have to overcome.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 2:7

None of those examples say to keep is not to guard or preserve . If receive His word that works in us to both hear his will and empower us to do we do not get creddit for keeping it

.If we harden our hearts we sin. Only God can create a new soft heart .Without Him it remains hard .

Strong's Greek: 5442. φυλάσσω (phulassó) -- to guard, watch
... mid: I am on my guard, (b ) act. and mid. of customs and regulations: I keep, observe. HELPS Word-studies 5442 phylássō (akin to 5441 /phýlaks, "a military guard") – ...

Strong's Greek: 5083. τηρέω (téreó) -- to watch over, to guard
... Verb Transliteration: téreó Phonetic Spelling: (tay-reh' o) Definition: to watch over, to guard Usage: I keep, guard, observe, watch over. HELPS Word-studies 5083 tēréō (from tēros, "a guard") .

No one can keep the every commandment of God without fail .

Its what he said. "My punishment is greater than I can bear". I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

The lord had a different idea an eye for a eye in other words .Live by the sword die by it he was not to get of that easy. Not yoked with Christ like his brother Abel he murdered he would have no rest in the punishment that was more than he could bear always looking over his back looking for the grim reaper.

Genisis 4:15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark (666) upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

666 the mark of the word. What God says does come to pass.
You just make it up as you go! You added 666! You don't really care about "sola scripture", you twist, add, ignore!

God acknowledges Cains difficulty and puts a "mark" on him, to protect him. "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

So Cain leaves his people and heads to Nod where he finds a wife.

You just make it up as you go! You added 666! You don't really care about "sola scripture", you twist, add, ignore!

God acknowledges Cains difficulty and puts a "mark" on him, to protect him. "And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him."

So Cain leaves his people and heads to Nod where he finds a wife.

Hi thanks for the reply. I hope I am handinging the word of God without deceit.

Our understandings can differ in that way the Bible informs us there must be heresies as differences of opinion .We walk or understanding God by faith the unseen power of the word .

Differences do not change the simplicity of God working in us to both reveal his will and empower us to do it .Yoked with him our burden can be lighter. We have the rest our our lives to learn how to hear him and not mankind. He promises if he began tho good teaching labor of his love as a work of faith he will finish it till the end .

Yes 666 the number of the beast of the field of clay, unredeemed mankind. Created on day 6.

Cain remained a restless wanderer he was alone all the days of his life. Suffering the pangs of hell, The suffering in these bodies of death with no help of God. .

Yoked with Christ we do receive his rest he bears suffering with us strengthening us.

Not like Cain who received the suffering greater than what he could bear.. . .no help from above. alone

He remained a loner even during a family . .

.Family ”Gods design”. The first thing God said that was not good. Not good for a man to be alone.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken

There was no threefold cord is not quickly broken in the Cain family. .(Christian influence). God replaced the second born Abel the first matryr used to represent our second birth born again from heaven giving it, the seed (Christ) to Seth who became a son of God . The family where three threefold cord is not quickly broken

It is important to distinguish the two diverse sources of birth. One earthly of men called sons of man or daughters of humankind. Again, the focus on man the temporal seen. And the sons of God the eternal not seen.

Satan would be quick to turn it upside down and rather look to the dying flesh of mankind and not the born again new spirits as sons of God.

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Hi thanks for the reply. I hope I am handinging the word of God without deceit.

Our understandings can differ in that way the Bible informs us there must be heresies as differences of opinion .We walk or understanding God by faith the unseen power of the word .

Differences do not change the simplicity of God working in us to both reveal his will and empower us to do it .Yoked with him our burden can be lighter. We have the rest our our lives to learn how to hear him and not mankind. He promises if he began tho good teaching labor of his love as a work of faith he will finish it till the end .

Yes 666 the number of the beast of the field of clay, unredeemed mankind. Created on day 6.

Cain remained a restless wanderer he was alone all the days of his life. Suffering the pangs of hell, The suffering in these bodies of death with no help of God. .

Yoked with Christ we do receive his rest he bears suffering with us strengthening us.

Not like Cain who received the suffering greater than what he could bear.. . .no help from above. alone

He remained a loner even during a family . .

.Family ”Gods design”. The first thing God said that was not good. Not good for a man to be alone.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken

There was no threefold cord is not quickly broken in the Cain family. .(Christian influence). God replaced the second born Abel the first matryr used to represent our second birth born again from heaven giving it, the seed (Christ) to Seth who became a son of God . The family where three threefold cord is not quickly broken

It is important to distinguish the two diverse sources of birth. One earthly of men called sons of man or daughters of humankind. Again, the focus on man the temporal seen. And the sons of God the eternal not seen.

Satan would be quick to turn it upside down and rather look to the dying flesh of mankind and not the born again new spirits as sons of God.

Genesis 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he build a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

You take great liberties with interpretation and add to the book which you claim no one can add to.

None of those examples say to keep is not to guard or preserve . If receive His word that works in us to both hear his will and empower us to do we do not get creddit for keeping it

.If we harden our hearts we sin. Only God can create a new soft heart .Without Him it remains hard .

Strong's Greek: 5442. φυλάσσω (phulassó) -- to guard, watch
... mid: I am on my guard, (b ) act. and mid. of customs and regulations: I keep, observe. HELPS Word-studies 5442 phylássō (akin to 5441 /phýlaks, "a military guard") – ...

Strong's Greek: 5083. τηρέω (téreó) -- to watch over, to guard
... Verb Transliteration: téreó Phonetic Spelling: (tay-reh' o) Definition: to watch over, to guard Usage: I keep, guard, observe, watch over. HELPS Word-studies 5083 tēréō (from tēros, "a guard") .
I don't disagree. I think guard is good.
I definitely guard the commandments the Lord wrote in my mind and in my heart.

Here is another way of saying it.

Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
When thou goest, it shall lead thee;
when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee;
and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

Proverbs 6:21-22
No one can keep the every commandment of God without fail .
I do what I can.
The Lord knows how hard we try.

❤️

There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,
a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia:
and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
And they were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Luke 1:5-6

I don't disagree. I think guard is good.
I definitely guard the commandments the Lord wrote in my mind and in my heart.

Here is another way of saying it.

Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck.
When thou goest, it shall lead thee;
when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee;
and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

Proverbs 6:21-22

I do what I can.
The Lord knows how hard we try.

❤️

There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,
a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia:
and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
And they were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Luke 1:5-6
In the judgment trying to keep the commandments is not going to be good enough.

Back