• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

How Does Jesus Save Us?

But you don't keep the commandments, you don't even come close.
Thank you, but I let God be the judge of that.

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood,
to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:5

Thank you that, Bradley.

Jesus was our perfect sacrifice on the cross for our sins. Jesus is our High Priest in Heaven.
Jesus is not my sacrificial beast.
But He is my high Priest.

Rather, I brought Him my bullocks, as He commanded.

If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put His name there be too far from thee,
then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flock, which the Lord hath given thee, as I have commanded thee,
and thou shalt eat in thy gates whatsoever thy soul lusteth after.

Deuteronomy 12:21

If one believes in Christ, repents of their sin, and amends their life. They shall be saved.
I pray that you do
repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land
which the Lord sware unto your fathers.

Deuteronomy 8:1

Indeed Jesus does.
But you know, if we don't continue on with Jesus and keep God's law,
that our circumcision is made uncricumcision.

Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:
His going forth is prepared as the morning;
and He shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Hosea 6:3
Keeping the law and the commandments never saved anyone. "Therefore, by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

Thank you, but I let God be the judge of that.

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood,
to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 2:5
The law and the commandments that you love and worship have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Christians no longer live by rules, laws or religion, because "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.

The law and the commandments that you love and worship have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

The Lord made it honourable again, like He said He would.

The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21

Christians no longer live by rules, laws or religion, because "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. They live by faith in Christ and his Gospel.
I know.

But my faith is in God's word.

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,
That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Luke 4:4

And I am not sure what you think Jesus' gospel was.

He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings:
and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

John 14:24

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6

The Lord made it honourable again, like He said He would.

The Lord is well pleased for His righteousness' sake;
He will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Isaiah 42:21

I know.

But my faith is in God's word.

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,
That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Luke 4:4

And I am not sure what you think Jesus' gospel was.

He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings:
and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me.

John 14:24

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
Deuteronomy 6:6
You sound just like an old Pharisee. They all went to hell. To be under the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10, 11.

A faithful person obeys the laws and commandments of his King. And all Kings have laws. It is amazing all the rules that exist in the NT church, even those governing worship services, and the structure and government of the visible church itself. Are you not subject to them, since you claim to be a subject of the King?

A faithful person obeys the laws and commandments of his King. And all Kings have laws. It is amazing all the rules that exist in the NT church, even those governing worship services, and the structure and government of the visible church itself. Are you not subject to them, since you claim to be a subject of the King?
No, I am not subject to laws, rules or religion. Laws, rules and religion promotes sin, Romans 7:8.

I am a good son. A good son does not need to be told what to do, he knows what is expected of him and lives accordingly. I would never do anything to make my heavenly Father ashamed of me, nor would I do anything to disappoint him. I live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 1:17.

No, I am not subject to laws, rules or religion. Laws, rules and religion promotes sin, Romans 7:8.

I am a good son. A good son does not need to be told what to do, he knows what is expected of him and lives accordingly. I would never do anything to make my heavenly Father ashamed of me, nor would I do anything to disappoint him. I live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, Romans 1:17.
Well that is kind of funny that you would be so assured that God finds no fault with you and that you would never disappoint Him. "If anyone says they do not sin, they are a liar and the truth is not in them." Even what you say in this post is offensive to Him as it is full of arrogance and pride, and you are constantly lying about doctrines, even after you have been shown the truth, so that you can stand in Christ's place judging the peoples. Do you not know that anything that pleases God, or that is pleasing in God, comes from His character? Who He is? And that those are laws of God.

You know Robert, the Pharisees promoted a works salvation without faith. You promote a faith salvation with no works. Both are utterly dead. Are you one of those who thinks you are already perfect in all your ways. One of the worst heretics of all time, because he is the most followed, Charles Finney, is the man you worship.

Back