• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Did Jesus' return happen in 1st century?

The meek shall inherit the earth. [Matt. 5:5; Ps. 37:11]

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the Holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a voice from the throne saying, "Behold the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them , and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. [Rev. 21:1-3] The new heaven and new earth will be the setting of the Holy city, Jerusalem where we will reside with God and Christ. He will wipe away every tear from our eyes and death shall be no more. . . .

People will resurrected - some to eternal life and some will suffer the "second death".

What is the overall arching picture for you patience.

Will you just be open and share what it is you believe about this question "What do you think happens to people when they die?" Also are you someone who believes that it is God's will for no one to perish?

“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: to whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judæa, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭1:1-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Do you believe that Jesus would return to these people then in this age?

Back in the Old Testament day a priest had to come in to bring forth blood for their sins.

Jesus was ascended promised to come back, it would be a picture and type of how the Old Testament would work in the temple. The priest had to come back out to show that the offering was accepted.

Therefore either Jesus returned in that day in age or his blood was never accepted and He is still in the holy of holies waiting to come out, for thousands of years.

How does that make sense?
none of what you have said makes sense.....You disregard the literal reading of the Bible and remove, ignore verses that tell you exactly that Jesus has not come back during the 1st century.

Blade

none of what you have said makes sense.....You disregard the literal reading of the Bible and remove, ignore verses that tell you exactly that Jesus has not come back during the 1st century.

Blade

What are you talking about?

If Jesus Christ is still not returned.

Where are all the dead bodies going when they die? Going to sleep, and going to be resurrected at the great trump?

People just die and they wait for a long time, and then their judgement comes?

That is what is on the table if Jesus has not returned.

Or you have Jesus Christ did come back as promised, and people die and are resurrected immediately and placed where God places them.

Cause we don't control who goes to heaven or who doesn't...

We don't control God allowing people to be outside the kingdom of Heaven because John reveals it to be so, We don't control who goes into the Kingdom.

Prayer for Spiritual Wisdom Ephesians 1:

15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints, 16Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; 17That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Yes. Jesus Christ raised from the dead. Allowing people to become spiritually alive being reborn again by the spirit. All of are going to experience death no matter who they are, everyone has to die to go be with God, as our natural bodies can not dwell with him.

The Devil - He is taken care of in Revelation 20. I believe he has been done away with forever.
Oh, you believe the whole of the scripture has already been fulfilled? As I said - In scripture, things are spoken of as if they have already occurred before they actually happen because of the surety of events unfolding according to God's plan.

If the devil has already been destroyed, why does God admonish us to "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." [Eph. 6:11]
AND: In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. [Eph. 6:16]
AND: . . so that we would not be outfitted by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his designs. [1 Cor.2:11]

Blade
I think those verses that supposedly "prove" otherwise, don't otherwise.

But...
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:11
“Behold,[fn] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
TOOLS
Rev 11:14Unchecked Copy Box
The second woe is past. Behold, the third woe is coming quickly.
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:7
“Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:12
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

I don't invest in the idea that he is coming slowly.

Oh, you believe the whole of the scripture has already been fulfilled? As I said - In scripture, things are spoken of as if they have already occurred before they actually happen because of the surety of events unfolding according to God's plan.

If the devil has already been destroyed, why does God admonish us to "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." [Eph. 6:11]
AND: In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one. [Eph. 6:16]
AND: . . so that we would not be outfitted by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his designs. [1 Cor.2:11]
Because Revelation had not happened just yet, that is why those scripture exist.

The Devil was running around in that time period before the age was wrapped up.

All of the letters seem to interlace with one another, and the Revelation was the Unveiling of who Jesus Christ was along with everything that would be going on around in that day in time in the part of the earth they lived in.

The only thing I believe we wrestle around with is not only ourselves but darkness, such as spirit of greed, spirit of hatred, spirit of malice.

So many people put the blame on the devil when in James he makes it clear that it is by our own desires we do anything.

James 1:14, but that is just how I believe when it comes to these things. Because of the fulfillment.

is that not what you were talking about in the post.

Blade
What are you talking about?

It's not God admonishing anyone it is Paul admonishing the people in Ephesus and the people in the Corinth area.

What is the overall arching picture for you patience.

Will you just be open and share what it is you believe about this question "What do you think happens to people when they die?" Also are you someone who believes that it is God's will for no one to perish?
"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we which are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord , and so we will always be with the Lord." [1 Thess. 4:16, 17]

Behold, I tell you a mystery.. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable and we shall be shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. [1 Cor. 15:51-53]

The above apply to all born again believers.

What verse are you implying here "it is God's will for no one to perish"?

I think those verses that supposedly "prove" otherwise, don't otherwise.

But...
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 3:11
“Behold,[fn] I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.
In these two chapters of Rev. Jesus' letter to each one is also for all of them. Each church that He speaks to represents a church era in the future. chapter 3:11speaks of the church of Philadephia which represent the church era of the early 1900 to around to 1970...After this, the church of Laodicea has taken over and covers all of the mega and other evangelical churches of the day.

He also told this church of Philadephia that they would not go through hour of temptation. Rev 3:10.

One other point.,,The crown you speak of is the crown(s) given to the church(hisBody) saints at the Bema seat Judgements (rev 4:4) . Perserverance of the saints, 'following the WORDof God' will keep those crowns which are given back to Jesus in Rev 4:10......

You totally disregard the Word of GOD....

Blade

TOOLS
Rev 11:14Unchecked Copy Box
The second woe is past. Behold, the third woe is coming quickly.
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:7
“Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:12
“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
TOOLS
Unchecked Copy Box
Rev 22:20
He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

I don't invest in the idea that he is coming slowly.

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we which are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord , and so we will always be with the Lord." [1 Thess. 4:16, 17]

Behold, I tell you a mystery.. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable and we shall be shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. [1 Cor. 15:51-53]

The above apply to all born again believers.

What verse are you implying here "it is God's will for no one to perish"?

So you would have to wait in the grave until the trump went off? Those scriptures are admonishments to Corinth, and to Thessalonica, which pertain to the coming Lord Jesus Christ, when they were waiting, and watching for him to return.

Those verses still apply to us spiritually all people are going to be raised from the dead, and due to the fulfillment that will be when they die today, they won't be waiting in the grave, they will be resurrected immediately at least that is my hope due Jesus saying all will be resurrected, some to condemnation, some to everlasting life.

The scripture I am referring to is 2 Peter 3:9.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Willing - in the greek below. God's expressive will is that He doesn't desire any to perish.

G1014 (Strong)​

βούλομαι

boulomai

boo'-lom-ahee

Middle voice of a primary verb; to “will”, that is, (reflexively) be willing: - be disposed, minded, intend, list (be, of own) will (-ing). Compare G2309.

Back