• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

And the Truth will set you free

Then He appears to command His people to bring Him their best livestock, to kill, for sacrifices to Him.
Not a metaphor.
Then later, in Deut 13, He appears to be commanding us to stone people to death, who try to turn us away from Him.
Not a metaphor.
Then later on again, He appears to be commanding His people to war with nations to steal their land, and to kill them brutally.
Not a metaphor.

Do you not know that there is historical evidence of many of these things happening. And there was a reason for it. You do not agree with it and do not like it, so you simply rewrite God. You make an image of God in your mind, one that you can handle, and this is what you worship. In the process you often call evil good and good evil.

I am not saying that we should like these things that God did that you have turned to metaphor. There would be something really wrong with us if we did. And praise God in all His glory, He has brought us to a place in Christ, and only in Him, where what God was accomplishing through these things that you deny, has been accomplished. He is doing it for us, a rebellious people who have trashed what He gave us in the beginning. Do you not realize the treachery of man and the holiness of God who created us? Do you not understand that He is fixing what we ruined. That God is the good guy here, and we the bad guys? We made the animal sacrifices necessary; we are the killers; God is the one who extends mercy. We are the ones that make capital punishment necessary; God is the one who extends mercy. We are the ones who made redemption through the taking of a land to belong to those God designated His people by removing the wicked from it, and through them bring the ultimate Redeemer, showing mercy.

Not when you can't comprehend what was said, so what part of what was said don't you comprehend?

You said>. . . The first day was the period from when darkness was created as the expanse was brought into existence until the two great lights.

It seems you are saying the first day lasted including the two great lights. Not untill day four when he switched on the temporal time keepers .

No. For one the day in Genesis 1 was not measured in hours but in degrees as in 360 degrees.

View attachment 1734
Moreover, the evening and the morning does not infer 24 hours.

View attachment 1737

However, the Day and Night does represent the two great lights that were set in the firmament on the fourth day,

View attachment 1738

The evening represents 180 degrees,
and the morning represents 180 degrees
(1 complete rotation 360 degrees)

The first day represents the period from the emergence of the expanse in Genesis 1:1 until the visible light appeared within the expanse as written in Genesis 1:5. However, it is not until the darkness returns unto the place it came from that the day is fulfilled.

Do you seriously believe that the planets, or at least the earth, was made automagically rotating at the rate necessary to make one complete rotation upon its axis in a 24 hour period?.
How many rotations do you think it makes in 24 hours or 360 degrees ? .

Remember God holds all thing things together to include the rotation . He can make a shadow go backward or continue the sun to shine more than 12 hours All things point to the last day under the Sun .

God is light and not that he can only create it. The first day was not dependant on the temporal time kepers . God was light for 12 hours he hid himself as night for the first three days . In him there is no darkness.

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

In the new heavens and earth he will have no need to hide himself there will be no night used to represent evil

Revelation 21:22-25 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

The last chapter says the same . . the testimony of two.

Revelation 22: 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Thank you, I like that. Nice connecting.

And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.

And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Genesis 2:8 & 15

Two scriptures come to mind.

But Jesus called them unto Him, and said,
Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them,
and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you:
but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give His life a ransom for many.

Matthew 20:25-28

Thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, I am against the shepherds;
and I will require My flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock;
neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
For thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, I, even I, will both search My sheep, and seek them out.

Ezekiel 34:10-11

You have done pretty well with allegories. You are an allegorical thinker. That is strong.

You should be careful.

I teach about allegories, and how to think that way, and understand the Bible. Would you like to know more?

The Lord, our loving and merciful God wrote on stone tablets for us, "Thou shalt not kill".
Then He appears to command His people to bring Him their best livestock, to kill, for sacrifices to Him.
Then later, in Deut 13, He appears to be commanding us to stone people to death, who try to turn us away from Him.
Then later on again, He appears to be commanding His people to war with nations to steal their land, and to kill them brutally.
You shouldn't insert "appears to".
God actually did tell them to do so, and God admonished them when they didn't do so.

The NT renders "thou shalt not kill" as "thou shalt not murder", making a clear distinction between this type of killing and other types of killing.
The NT also explains that murder is hating one without a cause.

There was a cause to kill livestock for sacrifices, to stone to death those who try to turn us away from Him, and to war and kill others.

And by the way, they did not "steal" the land from anyone.
All land is God's, and God allots His land to the stewardship of whomever He choses.
You may have a title to a piece of land, but make no mistake, it is God's land and you are only a steward of that land.

Not a metaphor.
His prophets say it is, and I have shown those verses.

But one does only have to consider it for a few minutes.
Every man in Israel [who wants to make an offering unto the Lord] is commanded to bring a bullock daily,
and a ram in the morning and a ram in the evening.
And they all have to be yearlings without blemish.

What would that have done to the herds and flocks of His people? if this is literal.
And how could they possibly breed so much cattle, after just one year of doing that?
Their herds would become very diminished and spotty, wouldn't they?
And God would know that, wouldn't He?
And God should have know the blood of bulls and rams do not atone one?
Since even you know that.
Yet He is declaring that is the purpose for bringing Him the bullocks.

And thou shalt offer every day a bullock for a sin offering for atonement:
and thou shalt cleanse the altar, when thou hast made an atonement for it,
and thou shalt anoint it, to sanctify it.

Exodus 29:36

Not a metaphor.
OK.
So the Lord God, after commanding His ten commandments,
started issuing commandments that break the ten?

Or is stoning to death somehow not considered killing, to you?

Not a metaphor.
Again, is it not somewhat hypocritical of any God, to say don't kill, and don't steal,
and to then send His people to war, to steal their land, which He gave to His people?

And again, I have showed verses from His prophets, even Paul, that tell that God's people's warfare is not carnal,
and that they fight not against flesh and blood.

Do you not know that there is historical evidence of many of these things happening. And there was a reason for it. You do not agree with it and do not like it, so you simply rewrite God. You make an image of God in your mind, one that you can handle, and this is what you worship. In the process you often call evil good and good evil.
I have one at my forum that believes the OT is nothing but lies and Jewish conspiracy, and keeps posting the archaeological evidence.
And she also gets angry at me, when I say, I know that the wars of Canaan never happened in this world.
And and that the promised land was never geographical Palestine/Israel.

You see, she reads it as literal too,
but finds the evidence that says it can't be true, when taken literally.

I am not saying that we should like these things that God did that you have turned to metaphor. There would be something really wrong with us if we did. And praise God in all His glory, He has brought us to a place in Christ, and only in Him, where what God was accomplishing through these things that you deny, has been accomplished. He is doing it for us, a rebellious people who have trashed what He gave us in the beginning. Do you not realize the treachery of man and the holiness of God who created us? Do you not understand that He is fixing what we ruined. That God is the good guy here, and we the bad guys? We made the animal sacrifices necessary; we are the killers; God is the one who extends mercy. We are the ones that make capital punishment necessary; God is the one who extends mercy. We are the ones who made redemption through the taking of a land to belong to those God designated His people by removing the wicked from it, and through them bring the ultimate Redeemer, showing mercy.
I am saying that we should like what our God does,
else how can you love Him, and do all He says to?

I could never believe in and follow a hypocritical and bloodthirsty god.
I had to prove first, to me, that He is the just and righteous God that scripture also says He is.
And for that, I had to reconcile these things said in the scripture.

And yet, even when you speak these things, I see you are right.
But where is God's land? And what is the wicked in it?

What did our Redeemer say?

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 17:21

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Matthew 12:28

By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.
Exodus 23:30

I prayed His kingdom come. ❤️ Because Jesus said it is at hand.

You shouldn't insert "appears to".
God actually did tell them to do so, and God admonished them when they didn't do so.

The NT renders "thou shalt not kill" as "thou shalt not murder", making a clear distinction between this type of killing and other types of killing.
The NT also explains that murder is hating one without a cause.

There was a cause to kill livestock for sacrifices, to stone to death those who try to turn us away from Him, and to war and kill others.

And by the way, they did not "steal" the land from anyone.
All land is God's, and God allots His land to the stewardship of whomever He choses.
You may have a title to a piece of land, but make no mistake, it is God's land and you are only a steward of that land.
When I read the scripture closely, slowly and prayerfully, and with the Holy Ghost's guidance,
He leads me to see what God is really saying, by connecting one saying of God to another.

For example,
He says to kill from the herd and flocks which He has given us. Deut 12:21 ( if God be far from us )
That prompted me to look for my cattle that He had given me, unawares to me.

Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds.
Proverbs 27:23

You have done pretty well with allegories. You are an allegorical thinker. That is strong.

You should be careful.

I teach about allegories, and how to think that way, and understand the Bible. Would you like to know more?
Would love to hear more. Thank you.
But I would have you with boldness, rather than with carefulness. :giggle:

But I would have you without carefulness.
He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:32-33

When I read the scripture closely, slowly and prayerfully, and with the Holy Ghost's guidance,
The Holy Ghost guided the NT writers of scripture to write down what was meant in order than no one could come along and usurp it with what they claim some "spirit" told them.

His prophets say it is, and I have shown those verses.

But one does only have to consider it for a few minutes.
Every man in Israel [who wants to make an offering unto the Lord] is commanded to bring a bullock daily,
and a ram in the morning and a ram in the evening.
And they all have to be yearlings without blemish.

What would that have done to the herds and flocks of His people? if this is literal.
And how could they possibly breed so much cattle, after just one year of doing that?
Their herds would become very diminished and spotty, wouldn't they?
And God would know that, wouldn't He?
And God should have know the blood of bulls and rams do not atone one?
Since even you know that.
Yet He is declaring that is the purpose for bringing Him the bullocks.

And thou shalt offer every day a bullock for a sin offering for atonement:
and thou shalt cleanse the altar, when thou hast made an atonement for it,
and thou shalt anoint it, to sanctify it.

Exodus 29:36

OK.
So the Lord God, after commanding His ten commandments,
started issuing commandments that break the ten?

Or is stoning to death somehow not considered killing, to you?

Again, is it not somewhat hypocritical of any God, to say don't kill, and don't steal,
and to then send His people to war, to steal their land, which He gave to His people?

And again, I have showed verses from His prophets, even Paul, that tell that God's people's warfare is not carnal,
and that they fight not against flesh and blood.

I have one at my forum that believes the OT is nothing but lies and Jewish conspiracy, and keeps posting the archaeological evidence.
And she also gets angry at me, when I say, I know that the wars of Canaan never happened in this world.
And and that the promised land was never geographical Palestine/Israel.

You see, she reads it as literal too,
but finds the evidence that says it can't be true, when taken literally.

I am saying that we should like what our God does,
else how can you love Him, and do all He says to?

I could never believe in and follow a hypocritical and bloodthirsty god.
I had to prove first, to me, that He is the just and righteous God that scripture also says He is.
And for that, I had to reconcile these things said in the scripture.

And yet, even when you speak these things, I see you are right.
But where is God's land? And what is the wicked in it?

What did our Redeemer say?

Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 17:21

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Matthew 12:28

By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.
Exodus 23:30

I prayed His kingdom come. ❤️ Because Jesus said it is at hand.
That's ok CF. You go right ahead and believe what you believe. I'm not wasting my time going through all this.

I don't think he was painting himself as peeping tom but the fact you do is a revealing response.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. John 1:50
what you said and prior to this passage is completely different to one another. seeing someone under a fig tree and seeing someone putting on figs leaves is a big difference.

Blade

The Holy Ghost guided the NT writers of scripture to write down what was meant in order than no one could come along and usurp it with what they claim some "spirit" told them.
Thank you sissy.
Yes, the NT writers too.
They knew our warfare is not carnal, and that the kingdom of God is within..

( For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
2 Corinthians 10:4

And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Revelation 2:26

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them:
and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:7

Back