• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

And the Truth will set you free

S

Studyman

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Biblical Truth is the opposite of Deception, or course. Jesus and the Scriptures as a whole, warn about deception all the time. So it seems that to "Grow" in the knowledge of God, which we are all to do, we need to discern the difference between truth and deception. I believe this, because of all the things Jesus could have warned His People about in the Future, being deceive by the "many" who come in His Name, was the danger that HE thought most worthy of warning His People against.

Here are a few common beliefs of the Mainstream Religions of the world Jesus was born into.

"Jesus was from Galilee."

"It was a Sin to take a walk on God's Holy Sabbath, and pick a raspberry or ear of corn to munch on along the way."

"God's Priesthood Covenant with Levi, was the same Covenant God made with Abraham, and then with Abraham's Children."

Gentiles, even those who turned to God, were "aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world"

"That it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation;"

These are just a few, Jesus identified many more. All these deceptions could be discerned by study and belief in Scriptures. Not by cherry picking some, and omitting others, but as Jesus said "Man shall live by every Word which Proceeds from the mouth of God".

These deceptions, infected the entire person, as it is also written; "A little leaven leavens the whole lump". With lies and deceptions as the foundation of their belief, instead of Biblical Truth, they promoted a religion which was not from God.

Jesus showed them the Holy Scriptures which exposed their deception, but they loved the darkness (Lies) more than the Light. (Truth) And really didn't believe in the God of the Bible, or those who HE sent to correct them. The Bible also warns about this.

2 Thess. 2: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Today, we are also born into a world in which religions exist, just as Abraham and Jesus were, and they all promote a variety of doctrines and traditions, many of which contradict each other, as well as the Scriptures.

The following are just a few popular falsehoods promoted by "many" who come in Christ's Name that Jesus said to "Take Heed" of, that the Scriptures have discerned for me as false, but there are "many" more.

"The Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by obeying God"

The "them of Old Time" in Matt. 5, was Moses and God"

God placed a "Yoke of Bondage" on the Backs of those who Trusted Him in Egypt."

"Christmas in a "Feast of the Lord" of the Bible.

"God chooses winners (Who HE rewards with immortality), and losers (Men rejected from entering the Kingdom of heaven) based on some hidden lottery system that has nothing to do with our choices or anything we "do".

All these deceptions infect the mind of men. Jesus has the cure for this sickness, as Paul instructs.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

But men love Darkness rather than Light, and as a result, they refuse to "Deny themselves" and turn to Him.

We are told to "Prove all things" so as not to be carried away with "Every Wind of Doctrine". Are there other popular religious philosophies of this world that the scriptures bring question to?

We are told to "Prove all things" so as not to be carried away with "Every Wind of Doctrine". Are there other popular religious philosophies of this world that the scriptures bring question to?
All man-made doctrines are popular teachings that most trin followers practice and claim.

would you like to know what they are?

Yep, your false witness against the children of God.

There is certainly a cost for outing this world's false doctrines. Those who promote them will take their anger of the Scriptures out on the poor slob that is showing them.

Your post brings up another, not so widely held deception, but one you promote with much zeal. And that is the Preaching that Jesus didn't distinguish between the Prophets God Sent to His People, from those who murdered them. In this "wind of Doctrine", they use a couple of sentences Jesus made regarding those who came, but God didn't send them, to promote the insidious falsehood that Jesus called Abraham, Moses, Isaiah and all the Prophets and those who HE sent who were murdered because they "shewed before of the coming of the Just One", "Thieves and Robbers who came not but to kill and destroy".

This foolish Windy, is one of the easier false doctrines of this World to discern. So there are not many who have been snared by it. Nevertheless, it is out there, and it is a deception, so we should therefore "Take Heed" and "Beware" of a religious philosophy promoting such a deception.

Thanks for another spirit filled reply 1M.

All man-made doctrines are popular teachings that most trin followers practice and claim.

would you like to know what they are?

I welcome anyone to join in on this conversation.

I welcome anyone to join in on this conversation.
I already listed the major ones.

And I would like to repeat it since most professed believers don't seem to recognize them.

Trinity doctrine is the most major one.

"your works cannot save you"

"legalism"

"faith only" or "grace only"

Jesus abolished the law.

"I am saved"

These are the major ones and popular doctrines.

Back