• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

And the Truth will set you free

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Biblical Truth is the opposite of Deception, or course. Jesus and the Scriptures as a whole, warn about deception all the time. So it seems that to "Grow" in the knowledge of God, which we are all to do, we need to discern the difference between truth and deception. I believe this, because of all the things Jesus could have warned His People about in the Future, being deceive by the "many" who come in His Name, was the danger that HE thought most worthy of warning His People against.

Here are a few common beliefs of the Mainstream Religions of the world Jesus was born into.

"Jesus was from Galilee."

"It was a Sin to take a walk on God's Holy Sabbath, and pick a raspberry or ear of corn to munch on along the way."

"God's Priesthood Covenant with Levi, was the same Covenant God made with Abraham, and then with Abraham's Children."

Gentiles, even those who turned to God, were "aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world"

"That it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation;"

These are just a few, Jesus identified many more. All these deceptions could be discerned by study and belief in Scriptures. Not by cherry picking some, and omitting others, but as Jesus said "Man shall live by every Word which Proceeds from the mouth of God".

These deceptions, infected the entire person, as it is also written; "A little leaven leavens the whole lump". With lies and deceptions as the foundation of their belief, instead of Biblical Truth, they promoted a religion which was not from God.

Jesus showed them the Holy Scriptures which exposed their deception, but they loved the darkness (Lies) more than the Light. (Truth) And really didn't believe in the God of the Bible, or those who HE sent to correct them. The Bible also warns about this.

2 Thess. 2: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Today, we are also born into a world in which religions exist, just as Abraham and Jesus were, and they all promote a variety of doctrines and traditions, many of which contradict each other, as well as the Scriptures.

The following are just a few popular falsehoods promoted by "many" who come in Christ's Name that Jesus said to "Take Heed" of, that the Scriptures have discerned for me as false, but there are "many" more.

"The Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by obeying God"

The "them of Old Time" in Matt. 5, was Moses and God"

God placed a "Yoke of Bondage" on the Backs of those who Trusted Him in Egypt."

"Christmas in a "Feast of the Lord" of the Bible.

"God chooses winners (Who HE rewards with immortality), and losers (Men rejected from entering the Kingdom of heaven) based on some hidden lottery system that has nothing to do with our choices or anything we "do".

All these deceptions infect the mind of men. Jesus has the cure for this sickness, as Paul instructs.

2 Tim. 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

But men love Darkness rather than Light, and as a result, they refuse to "Deny themselves" and turn to Him.

We are told to "Prove all things" so as not to be carried away with "Every Wind of Doctrine". Are there other popular religious philosophies of this world that the scriptures bring question to?
Thank you for this thoughtful and stimulating offering, Studyman.

Probably the key commandment that helped me overcome the deceptions
was the commandment to never eat leaven, and to keep the feasts of unleavened bread (the feasts of weeks).

Jesus gave us a very big warning in the very chapter that the RCC uses to justify it's existence, Matthew 16.
And I noticed that the Catholics I spoke to were overlooking it, big time.
So focused are they on Peter being the rock they built their temple made with hands upon his buried corpse.

Then Jesus said unto them,
Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:6

It is made plain and clear a few verses later, that He was talking about doctrines.

How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread,
that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread,
but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:11-12

I observed that most people seem to understand this, and yet not heed the warning!
Are they thrown by the use of the terms 'Pharisees and Sadducees'?
Do they suppose that all leavened doctrine faded away with those particular sects of Jews?
I don't know.

But clearly, to me, Jesus was talking about the 'Priests and seducers' of all times, religions, and cultures.
And is no less applicable today than in His day.

As I had learned to do, I checked for the commandment of God that Jesus was teaching us.
Just typed 'leaven' or 'unleaven' in the text search and up they came.

Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread;
even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses:
for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day,
that soul shall be cut off from Israel.

Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses:
for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel,
whether he be a stranger, or born in the land.
Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread.

Exodus 12:15 & 19-20

Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days;
and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee,
neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.

Exodus 13:7

Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it;
seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction;
for thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt in haste:
that thou mayest remember the day when thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of thy life.

Deuteronomy 16:3

And even a little extra help from Paul comes up.
Because, of course, he was teaching God's commandments too.

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8

I don't know if it needs to be said, since to me it is so obvious and I hare to state the obvious, but just in case.
The unleavened bread is God's words exactly as it written, no more, no less.
And leaven is anything anyone adds, subtracts, or paraphrases, when speaking God's words or teaching His doctrines.
As soon as we keep even a small amount of leaven, e.g. of the deceptions you listed,
that distorts our view and understanding of God's unleavened words.

And one final note.
It took me a while to figure out what the "seven days" means,
but it is simply an earlier version of the expression we use today, "seven days a week".
In other words, there is never a time to keep leaven in our house [in heaven].
From the first day of the week, to the last day of the week.

Thanks again.

Foolish Windy? I think I dated her once in my freshman year at Columbia. She kept tripping down the streets of the city. Smilin' at everybody she sees...
Are you sure you are not still married to her?

For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

Proverbs 6:23-24

Thank you for this thoughtful and stimulating offering, Studyman.

Probably the key commandment that helped me overcome the deceptions
was the commandment to never eat leaven, and to keep the feasts of unleavened bread (the feasts of weeks).

Yes, me as well. If a man wants to understand " the sin which doth so easily beset us,", let them Keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Jesus gave us a very big warning in the very chapter that the RCC uses to justify it's existence, Matthew 16.
And I noticed that the Catholics I spoke to were overlooking it, big time.
So focused are they on Peter being the rock they built their temple made with hands upon his buried corpse.

Then Jesus said unto them,
Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:6

It is made plain and clear a few verses later, that He was talking about doctrines.

How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread,
that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread,
but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Matthew 16:11-12

I observed that most people seem to understand this, and yet not heed the warning!
Are they thrown by the use of the terms 'Pharisees and Sadducees'?
Do they suppose that all leavened doctrine faded away with those particular sects of Jews?
I don't know.

I think it is best described by the relationship between Eve and the serpent. The serpent was first able to convince Eve that she was already all set. That she was already immortal, or as they call it today already "Saved". So then, if she was convinced she was saved already, already immortal , then she was also convinced that some of God's Warnings to her were untrue, or untrustworthy, as the serpent promoted.

If a person is convinced that God's Warnings are not trustworthy, this would explain why they don't "Take Heed". In my understanding anyway.

But clearly, to me, Jesus was talking about the 'Priests and seducers' of all times, religions, and cultures.
And is no less applicable today than in His day.

I agree. Whether a man comes in God's Name, or Christ's Name, it is the same God, with the Same Word's, the Same Warnings, the Same Laws, etc.

As I had learned to do, I checked for the commandment of God that Jesus was teaching us.
Just typed 'leaven' or 'unleaven' in the text search and up they came.

Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread;
even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses:
for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day,
that soul shall be cut off from Israel.

Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses:
for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel,
whether he be a stranger, or born in the land.
Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread.

Exodus 12:15 & 19-20

Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days;
and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee,
neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters.

Exodus 13:7

Thou shalt eat no leavened bread with it;
seven days shalt thou eat unleavened bread therewith, even the bread of affliction;
for thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt in haste:
that thou mayest remember the day when thou camest forth out of the land of Egypt all the days of thy life.

Deuteronomy 16:3

And even a little extra help from Paul comes up.
Because, of course, he was teaching God's commandments too.

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8

I don't know if it needs to be said, since to me it is so obvious and I hare to state the obvious, but just in case.
The unleavened bread is God's words exactly as it written, no more, no less.
And leaven is anything anyone adds, subtracts, or paraphrases, when speaking God's words or teaching His doctrines.
As soon as we keep even a small amount of leaven, e.g. of the deceptions you listed,
that distorts our view and understanding of God's unleavened words.

And one final note.
but it is simply an earlier version of the expression we use today, "seven days a week".

Thanks again.

I believe the scriptures agree with this as well. Passover is the "Beginning" of God's Salvation, not the end. And the Feast of Unleavened Bread symbolizes our new life and journey without sin, "which doth so easily beset us".

This world's "ministers of righteousness" have been promoting "another way" since the serpent. The mainstream preachers of Jesus Time and before, polluted God's Sabbaths. Today's self proclaimed "ministers of righteousness" reject them outright, and have created their own.

Yes, me as well. If a man wants to understand " the sin which doth so easily beset us,", let them Keep the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

I think it is best described by the relationship between Eve and the serpent. The serpent was first able to convince Eve that she was already all set. That she was already immortal, or as they call it today already "Saved". So then, if she was convinced she was saved already, already immortal , then she was also convinced that some of God's Warnings to her were untrue, or untrustworthy, as the serpent promoted.

If a person is convinced that God's Warnings are not trustworthy, this would explain why they don't "Take Heed". In my understanding anyway.

I agree. Whether a man comes in God's Name, or Christ's Name, it is the same God, with the Same Word's, the Same Warnings, the Same Laws, etc.

I believe the scriptures agree with this as well. Passover is the "Beginning" of God's Salvation, not the end. And the Feast of Unleavened Bread symbolizes our new life and journey without sin, "which doth so easily beset us".

This world's "ministers of righteousness" have been promoting "another way" since the serpent. The mainstream preachers of Jesus Time and before, polluted God's Sabbaths. Today's self proclaimed "ministers of righteousness" reject them outright, and have created their own.
I am impressed @Comingfrom. You are pretty good and this. You have @Studyman eating out of your hand when in practice you do not even believe the same things. I guess vagaries do play a part in your religion.

@Comingfrom this is quite the trick. Slap an ole' buddy on the back and tell him what he wants to hear. @Comingfrom, you are the man. Most people who do not even keep the Sabbath of the fourth commandment and promote not doing it according to God's instructions would get a new one torn into them by @Studyman but you are able to tame him and get him to support you.

@Comingfrom I see how you do it. You are a quick study and could see his hot button points and by throwing him a bone on each, you have your convert. Wow, pure genius. Complement the feast, slap the catholics, stroke the ego boom! All done.

Hats off to you @Comingfrom

And one final note.
You've never heard of the feast of weeks?

Leviticus 23:17 KJV
Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord.

I am impressed @Comingfrom. You are pretty good and this. You have @Studyman eating out of your hand when in practice you do not even believe the same things. I guess vagaries do play a part in your religion.

@Comingfrom this is quite the trick. Slap an ole' buddy on the back and tell him what he wants to hear. @Comingfrom, you are the man. Most people who do not even keep the Sabbath of the fourth commandment and promote not doing it according to God's instructions would get a new one torn into them by @Studyman but you are able to tame him and get him to support you.

@Comingfrom I see how you do it. You are a quick study and could see his hot button points and by throwing him a bone on each, you have your convert. Wow, pure genius. Complement the feast, slap the catholics, stroke the ego boom! All done.

Hats off to you @Comingfrom

Projecting your own unsavory religious practices on everyone with whom you disagree is an awful sickness GA. It's like an addiction to self exaltation. Just because you live in this manner, doesn't mean CF does. This condition you often exhibit is treatable, but as with all addictions, you must first admit to yourself that you have the problem.

If you would like, I could send you a link for professionals who deal specifically with this condition. Let me know.

Projecting your own unsavory religious practices on everyone with whom you disagree is an awful sickness GA. It's like an addiction to self exaltation. Just because you live in this manner, doesn't mean CF does. This condition you often exhibit is treatable, but as with all addictions, you must first admit to yourself that you have the problem.

If you would like, I could send you a link for professionals who deal specifically with this condition. Let me know.
You don't seem to take heed of Jesus' word of we know them by their fruit. comingfrom did the same thing to Dakk.

He complimented dakk the same way as he does to you. He also told him he and Dakk are the only ones who know the Truth.

that's a grandiose self-exaltation that included you.

This is another witnessing of him that you ignore, meaning you dont trust my witnessing.

so sad.

No, you can keep your physicians for yourself. I just find this whole thing quite A study.

I’ve often wondered what creates legalism in us. It’s not just the religious that can be legalistic you understand the philosophy is spread far beyond merely religion.

There’s an element of control involved. Very often those who are legalists are also control freaks in their personal lives.

It could be a scary thing for some people to not be in control and having control over one’s religion and one salvation is a comfort to them.

For many people, not much of what you preach has anything to do with salvation or religion as it does control.

If it were about religion and righteous execution of God’s laws one would’ve confronted Mr. @Comingfrom a long time ago. But, this will never happen now no matter how much an error he is.

As it is, quite a pair you to make.

There’s an element of control involved. Very often those who are legalists are also control freaks in their personal lives.

I've noticed this in you. LB makes a comment about a statement I made, which was true. And you jumped on him immediately, and he backed off. In your religion you require submission from your buddies, but not to God. It seems you have little regard, or respect for anyone who doesn't purchase the religious philosophy you are peddling. The Pharisees were also very demanding in this same way. And just because you are this way, you "Project" this unsavory practice onto me, suggesting that I should jump on CF because he may not describe His Faith in the same way as I do.

If CF starts preaching to the world that God's Good, Just and Holy instructions are a "Yoke of Bondage" or "petty rules" God placed on the necks of those who trust Him, or of he starts promoting the insidious falsehood that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by obeying God, or if he starts declaring that Jesus called ALL God's Prophets who God chose and Sent to prophesy about Him, "robbers and Thieves who came not but to kill and destroy", then I will show him the same Scriptures I showed you guys, that you rejected.

But I don't think CF has been snared by these religious philosophies of this world you promote.

For this he will receive from you, your mocking and wrath for sure. But from God he may receive mercy.

I've noticed this in you. LB makes a comment about a statement I made, which was true. And you jumped on him immediately, and he backed off. In your religion you require submission from your buddies, but not to God. It seems you have little regard, or respect for anyone who doesn't purchase the religious philosophy you are peddling. The Pharisees were also very demanding in this same way. And just because you are this way, you "Project" this unsavory practice onto me, suggesting that I should jump on CF because he may not describe His Faith in the same way as I do.

If CF starts preaching to the world that God's Good, Just and Holy instructions are a "Yoke of Bondage" or "petty rules" God placed on the necks of those who trust Him, or of he starts promoting the insidious falsehood that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by obeying God, or if he starts declaring that Jesus called ALL God's Prophets who God chose and Sent to prophesy about Him, "robbers and Thieves who came not but to kill and destroy", then I will show him the same Scriptures I showed you guys, that you rejected.

But I don't think CF has been snared by these religious philosophies of this world you promote.

For this he will receive from you, your mocking and wrath for sure. But from God he may receive mercy.
There is so much you don’t know about CF. One who does not keep the Sabbath yet preaches that it should be done is one you should not trust in spiritual matters.

Maybe you can get through to CF and instruct him on keeping the law. Or perhaps he will instruct you. A little weed a 3day trek into the outback…you’ll be convinced.

In this "wind of Doctrine", they use a couple of sentences Jesus made regarding those who came,
Isaiah 28:10
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Back