• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why works for hire will fail to earn you salvation.

There is simply now today a fight between the soul of an individual between (Light - Darkness).
Bring every high minded thought down to the obedience of Christ.
This does not mean bring your obedience up to obeying his words.
It means rely on his faith not your own.

Bring every high minded thought down to the obedience of Christ.
This does not mean bring your obedience up to obeying his words.
It means rely on his faith not your own.
Sure that is a great way to avoid temptation, bringing thoughts that are bad to God and letting him know what is going on and praying.

2 Peter 1​

New International Version​

1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:
2 Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Confirming One’s Calling and Election​

3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

This is an interesting letter here that Peter had wrote probably to the same people He addressed in his first letter, however we can know that it is people who are right with God because of the Lord Jesus Christ having received a faith as precious as the apostles.

When it comes down to adding to ones faith, Peter writes about starting off in Verse 5, after talking about living a godly life through our knowledge of Him who has called us by his own glory and goodness ( I believe speaking about the bride of Christ), and because of these great given promises they are given so that they may escape the corruption in the world which comes by evil desires.

And for this reason to live a godly (a life devoted to God) life, one should make every effort to add to your faith - goodness, knowledge, and self-control, and perseverance, and to godliness (a life devoted to God), to start having mutual affection towards others - which leads to love. These things will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Whoever does not, have become nearsighted and blind forgetting they have been cleansed from their past sins.

If a person possesses these qualities which is added to their maturity of walking in faith and growing learning and know helps them in their life, all because of Jesus, and never their own self, though they add to their faith which was mentioned here to the audience that Peter was addressing. He presses on for them to make every effort to confirm your calling and election ( I tend to believe this is for the bride of christ in that day in age) but the principles set here by Peter are very profitable to any Christian who chooses to do so, in which they won't have any problems stumbling and they will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and SAviour Jesus Christ.

Sure that is a great way to avoid temptation, bringing thoughts that are bad to God and letting him know what is going on and praying.
King James Bible
Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity.
This is an interesting letter here that Peter had wrote probably to the same people He addressed in his first letter, however we can know that it is people who are right with God because of the Lord Jesus Christ having received a faith as precious as the apostles.

When it comes down to adding to ones faith, Peter writes about starting off in Verse 5, after talking about living a godly life through our knowledge of Him who has called us by his own glory and goodness ( I believe speaking about the bride of Christ), and because of these great given promises they are given so that they may escape the corruption in the world which comes by evil desires.

And for this reason to live a godly (a life devoted to God) life, one should make every effort to add to your faith - goodness, knowledge, and self-control, and perseverance, and to godliness (a life devoted to God), to start having mutual affection towards others - which leads to love.

If a person possesses these qualities which is added to their maturity of walking in faith and growing learning and know helps them in their life, all because of Jesus, and never their own self, though they add to their faith which was mentioned here to the audience that Peter was addressing. He presses on for them to make every effort to confirm your calling and election ( I tend to believe this is for the bride of christ in that day in age) but the principles set here by Peter are very profitable to any Christian who chooses to do so, in which they won't have any problems stumbling and they will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and SAviour Jesus Christ.
Faith in the faith of Christ.

It’s true that we all sin and fall (far) short of the glory of God, but Paul is quoting specific OT scripture concerning specific situations. Several of the quotes are from Psalms, where David is talking about fools, his enemies, and the wicked.
When Jesus or the apostles gives an interpretation of OT scripture or apply it within a NT passage, that is what it means and that is what it is applied to.
Rom 3:9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin" Then he quotes the OT scriptures. 2121-24 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Paul is applying those scriptures to all men of all time.

It doesn't in any way make me better than anyone else nor anyone lower than me - everyone is offered the same opportunity to believe in the work of Jesus Christ, to confess him as Lord, believe God raised him from the dead and be saved.
But since it was your choice to accept and their choice to reject are you not on a higher plain than they are?

No. Where we differ is obvious. You think God “does it all,” whereas I think God requires us to have faith.
Then specify what you mean instead of just invoking an ism. It shows that a person is trying to talk about something they hate but know nothing about.
Because God is not omnipotent to the extent that He controls/decides/determines who will be saved.
That is nothing more than your opinion as it sits there with no Bible support given at all. I often wonder why those who haven't a clue what a conversations is or how to have one, come on a forum and actually think they are having one.
Sigh… A person’s salvation is contingent upon that person deciding to believe the gospel. ANYONE has the capacity within themselves to make that decision.
You have said that many times, but still have not presented its truthfulness.
God respects each person’s decision.
I doubt he respects those who reject Christ. Respect is a linear thing between humans anyway., something that is earned and owed. God owes us nothing and we can earn nothing from Him. His relationship with us is not about respecting us and our decisions. But if you are unable to carry on a conversation in a normal way, I would prefer my time not be wasted.

Back