• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

You post this:
I posted Jesus own Words, I'm not sure what else to say.
Followed by this:
Yes, in the Exodus that God had written for our admonition, God called 600,000 men to repentance, and they all did, as Paul explains. But only 2 were chosen as God tells us.

Num. 14: 22 Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; 23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: 24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.
Do you think you might be able to actually deal with and post to the quote you were responding to instead of going off on a tangent? Which was this:
Actually, the call to repentance is a call to salvation, not a requirement of it.

I don't believe the Bible supports the teaching that Repentance "IS" Salvation, rather, Repentance is a "Work" that is necessary to bring about the New Man "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."
If it says repent and you will be saved, it must be.
I don't believe I am required to "repent" for Adam's transgressions or the transgressions of another, rather, I am told by the Christ of the Bible to repent of my transgressions.
I reread what I wrote, and nowhere did I say we are required to repent for Adam's transgressions. The garden is simply where it began, this enmity we have towards God, rather than willing being His kingdom subjects as we were made to be. This is what we need to turn from and back to Him as King. Sovereign over us. Us obeying Him. That will take care of the individual transgressions. But only through faith in the person and work of Jesus to have actually saved us. Keeping feasts and dietary laws won't cut it. That isn't even repentance.
Why do you emphasize "commeth unto me" and skip over "except the Father which hath sent me draw him"? Every man that hears and learns are those who come to Him. And those are the one who the Father have drawn. And not heard and learned about keeping Sabbaths and feasts and dietary laws but having heard and learned of the One they come to, who He is and what He did.
I think this is why Jesus sent the multitude and His Disciples to Moses Seat, so we can hear, and learn of the Father.
Explain this. It sounds like something your buddy would say.

In my view, these seemingly small truths are important to establish in order to understand "God's" Salvation, as opposed to the salvation promoted by the other voice in the garden, which teaches that Eternal Security comes first, and "obedience" to God is a stumbling block to becoming a god.
The POINT IS: Faith precedes obedience. This faith gives eternal life. And the only person that ever called obedience that comes from faith a stumbling block is you. You add words to others that were never said. The stumbling stone is Christ and Him crucified. The very stone you have stumbled over. You hate the very idea of grace.

And that by being a "doer" of His Sayings, not a hearer only, at least according to the Jesus of the Bible.
That was not Paul's point. Legalists never understand the message of Romans. It was a whole epistle and not just chapters 1 and 2.

Legalists fail to understand that being saved by grace through faith generates a desire to do His word. He is the one we love and want to obey.

Legalism doesn't want to obey but tries to for gain or reward but it always falls way short of the goal line but spikes the ball anyway.

Therefore (Because of this Truth) whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, (Like Abraham) I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for ( Because) it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

The foundation of the popular religious philosophy you are promoting, is that God decides who does the works of Abraham, and who doesn't. And for every Calvinist, it is such a wonderful religion, because they are always chosen to be made like Abraham, while those who disagree with them, and believe what is actually written, and what Jesus actually says, are rejecting His Grace. It's always about God serving you in this religion of yours, never about you serving God.

It's an unreconcilable difference for me, not that I matter.

I know you will want the last word, so you can save face, or make sure to justify everything you say and believe.
My face and soul are saved by Jesus Christ. Legalism lost its grip on me completely February 20, 2005. No matter how many times it is posted, it is foolishness to you, you can't understand it.

I call it Jesusanity. ☺️

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;
but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 4:14
You speak of Jesus on rare occasions but most of the time your head is in the old covenant that passed away 2000 years ago.

You interpretation, not the text, dude.
One cannot do the law, using your interpretation.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20

You speak of Jesus on rare occasions but most of the time your head is in the old covenant that passed away 2000 years ago.
I am constantly offering up His words. His flesh.
But, for some reason, you don't yet believe that God's word is Jesus, or that Jesus is the Lord.
Or that Moses and the prophets are His servants too.

Ye shall therefore keep My statutes, and My judgments:
which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 18:5

Remember ye the law of Moses My servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

Malachi 4:4

Posting that verse reminded me of a question I have, on topic.
The commandments were given in Mount Sinai, but there are also many verses saying the commandments were given in Horeb.
Horeb is "by the way of Mount Seir".

If any of you know if these places are related, and if so, how.
I found this.

Who heardest the rebuke of the Lord in Sinai, and in Horeb the judgment of vengeance:
Sirach 48:7

I did ☺️

Do you offer Jesus' word to Jesus????
Yes.
When I go to Him, I have in my basket my questions about sayings of His, which I have yet to understand.

And this is the thing that thou shalt do unto them to hallow them, to minister unto Me in the priest's office:
Take one young bullock, and two rams without blemish,
And unleavened bread, and cakes unleavened tempered with oil, and wafers unleavened anointed with oil:
of wheaten flour shalt thou make them.
And thou shalt put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket, with the bullock and the two rams.

Exodus 29:1-3

Back