• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

Thank you again, I had an interesting search.

My conclusion. Horeb was the campsite at Mount Sinai,
(the people camped there because Moses struck a rock at Horeb to provide water for the multitude,
before he went up the mountain. Exodus 17).
So while Moses received the commandments on Mount Sinai,
they were not delivered until he came down from the mountain, and delivered them to the people in the camp, in Horeb.

I classify myself as a Christian.
Grafted into the house of Israel by the blood of Christ. (see Ephesians 2:12-13)

And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In My name shall they cast out devils;
they shall speak with new tongues;
they shall take up serpents;
and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16:17-18

But I confess, I don't believe St Paul as many would have us believe.
But I do believe Paul was saying to believe Jesus Christ, and to have faith in God's word.

St Paul was given the words that God put on his tongue just as any prophet/ apostles . Like saint Jeremiah the apostle .

God is not served by the hands of dying mankind . He put his words on the mouth of Balaams ass. . words that stopped the madness of that false prophet .Therefore revealing to us he can use a unbeliever to establish his righteousness . (the Ass will not found with a righteousness of her own)

Those are signs in mark are used a metaphors in that parable that follow one believes (Not seen by the eye) The new tongue the gospel of Christ's grace and great mercy.

Signs not seen follow by the spirit of grace and mercy.They are not something we seek after (self edifying) I did it, it proves it.

Not signs seen like those who refused to believe God unless Jesus as a circus seal did a trick and worked a miracle

Grace though the unseen work of God . Those sons of God who will be found with no righteousness of the law as those who think they are keeping all the commandments without sinning.

The law below. . .

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

Its testimony

John 6:30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

And yet it is straight copy and paste out of God's word, that I show you.
That means nothing. Not any different than the beginning of the ministry of two. . . the father not seen working in the Son of man, Jesus seen

Mathew 4: 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The unseen spiritual understanding in parables must be sought out.

One cannot do the law, using your interpretation.

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20
My interpretation? How is reading the words an interpretation. Of course one can't do it because the old covenant law has been fulfilled by Christ. But one can walk after the spirit and mind the things of the spirit such as love, joy, longsuffering, goodness, peace, kindness and self-control.

St Paul was given the words that God put on his tongue just as any prophet/ apostles . Like saint Jeremiah the apostle .
And like the law came by Moses?

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
John 1:17

God is not served by the hands of dying mankind . He put his words on the mouth of Balaams ass. . words that stopped the madness of that false prophet .Therefore revealing to us he can use a unbeliever to establish his righteousness . (the Ass will not found with a righteousness of her own)
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy;
break up your fallow ground:
for it is time to seek the Lord, till He come and rain righteousness upon you.

Hosea 10:12

Those are signs in mark are used a metaphors in that parable that follow one believes (Not seen by the eye) The new tongue the gospel of Christ's grace and great mercy.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy:
and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luke 10:19

And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end,
to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 2:26

Signs not seen follow by the spirit of grace and mercy.They are not something we seek after (self edifying) I did it, it proves it.
Then said Jesus unto him,
Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

John 4:48

And hallow My sabbaths;
and they shall be a sign between Me and you,
that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

Ezekiel 20:20

Not signs seen like those who refused to believe God unless Jesus as a circus seal did a trick and worked a miracle
Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians,
and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto Myself.

Exodus 19:4

Grace though the unseen work of God . Those sons of God who will be found with no righteousness of the law as those who think they are keeping all the commandments without sinning.
Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord.
119:1

Whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 1:25

The law below. . .

John 4:48Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

Its testimony

John 6:30They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Moreover also I gave them My sabbaths, to be a sign between Me and them,
that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:12

That means nothing. Not any different than the beginning of the ministry of two. . . the father not seen working in the Son of man, Jesus seen

Mathew 4: 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

The unseen spiritual understanding in parables must be sought out.
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20

And He saith unto me,
Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 22:10

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:
and then shall every man have praise of God.

1 Corinthians 4:5

Jesus knows all that we have been spreading.
Indeed.
And do you also know whether He approves your seeds that you sow?

Because many people insist we should be declaring things like "Jesus died for us" and "saved by grace" and "Trinity" etc
to show that we are saved.

And they really try to plant seeds of doubt in us, if we don't declare their sayings, their seeds.
Calling us unsaved, deceived, liars, unbelievers, and even worse, at times raising satan's name against us,
all just because we don't keep their saying.
Or is it, because we keep the Lord's saying.
☺️

My interpretation? How is reading the words an interpretation. Of course one can't do it because the old covenant law has been fulfilled by Christ. But one can walk after the spirit and mind the things of the spirit such as love, joy, longsuffering, goodness, peace, kindness and self-control.
Let's just take your interpretation of the bullock sacrifice, for example.

A man who wants to bring the Lord an offering has to bring an unblemished yearling male, daily.
Who has that much cattle?
And he has to bring it unto the Lord's altar.
Where is that? Is it even a physical place on earth?

And the Lord quite clearly proclaims, that their sin shall be atoned.
Is He lying?
For we know the blood of "real animal" bullocks does not atone.

So I saw a puzzle for us here.
Which for me, was solved by what other scriptures say elsewhere.
By looking at all the scripture which talks about our herd and flocks, for example.
And which talk about the sacrifices of God.
And which talk about cattle.

And by revelation from the Lord. Praise Him. ❤️

Back