• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

You get to know them in which way?
By revelation.

As the seed of grace in respect to those not found with a righteousness of their own or one that did worship the shadows of the good thing (grace) that did come (salvation)
The Holy Ghost is with me, while I post.
He is the one which helps me select which verses to offer up.
And as I go, I have many revelations, when I see one verse explaining and helping me to understand something else the word says elsewhere.

Whom shall He teach knowledge?
and whom shall He make to understand doctrine?
them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people.

Isaiah 28:9-11

All of the those shadows (unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil). represented the sufferings of Christ beforehand and the glory (salvation) that did follow ,
You keep confessing, God's sayings are shadows, to you.
But I see God is prophesying. His word foreshadowing good, and real, things to come.
If we keep His word, and do it, as He commanded.

And you, out of all people, oblate many meat offerings for the brethren. Don't you.
No one can deny that you are robust worker for your God.

And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven,
it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil,
or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Leviticus 2:4

By that labor of Christ love or work of his faith we can keep the law by guarding it with all our new heart soul and mind . No man can keep it perfectly without sinning . The wage of one sin is eternal damnation .
Play it again, sam.
As if the labour of Christ is to chant your favourite sayings that you keep.
Even the firstlings of your herd?

Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times.
Leviticus 19:26

1 Peter 1: 8-11 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it (the Spirit of grace) testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Some people need to overcome their faith.
Their faith becomes yet another vail upon the heart in the reading of the Old Testament.
Preventing them receiving the Lord's words by Moses.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:
and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:4

I had a lot of faith that the Bible isn't true.
I did listen to Christians, even many of them over many years, and they convinced me Jesus hasn't come yet,
but the Bible says, Jesus comes quickly.
And they had a lot of faith that Jesus died for them (or so they told me),
yet they say still, Jesus hasn't come.
So the Bible couldn't be true. I thought.

But I had to give Jesus a fair test, to know for sure.
And for that, one has to do His commandments, as He said.
So I tried doing His commandments as He says to.
And He did come quickly, just as the Bible says.
And that is how I overcame my faith, my disbelief in the Bible.

Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come,
who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts:
and then shall every man have praise of God.

1 Corinthians 4:5

We shall know them by their works.
This specific passage is how you would judge whether a prophet or preacher represented God or not. The reason we know them y their works is because we are human and can only see the outward appearance but we cannot look upon the heart as God does. That is also why this is reserved only for those presenting a message purportedly from God.

It is not meant for judging fellow believers since we do not know their hearts.

We will know them by their works.

"Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering. And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar. And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

These Works for forgiveness/justification wasn't "ADDED" until 430 years after Abraham. Just because you don't believe all that is written, doesn't make ALL that was written a lie.

James 2: 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

How did he know this? "Because" of God's Word.

Gen. 22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

How do we know Abraham believed God? Because of what HE said? Or because of what He DID?

Of course, you are not allowed by your religion to answer.

But I am not ashamed of any of God's Words. I can believe every scripture because I'm not a slave to sin, or Calvin. This freedom is the freedom one receives in the Christ of the Bible and comes from knowing and not hiding from the Truth of the scriptures.

satan also believes in God, Yes? So then, by your own religious philosophy, satan's belief should be accounted to him as Righteousness?

"And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together."

Abraham was a true Christion.

As Jesus said to those men who " profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. who declared "Abraham is our father."

and what did Jesus say to them? Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

You shall know them by their works.

Not the Law that was "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham. But God Said "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

AS it is written, by Abraham Works, His Faith was revealed.

Jam. 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Not the Priesthood Law "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham.

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Faith without Works is dead.
It is amazing to listen to you argue with the bible. But that is the journey for legalists to follow and either they will eventually succumb to God's grace or reject God's word.

And I just noticed,
how "receiving the end of your faith" means have faith.
yet receiving "Christ is the end of the law" means the law ended.

I began to observe the law when my faith ended.
And Christ didn't come at the end of the law, but when I was still just beginning, to help.

In the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible, Repentance is a requirement of Salvation. At least, this is according to the Words of the Jesus "of the Bible". Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I understand how the gospel you have adopted and are now promoting requires nothing from a man. And while your religion makes for a great corporate religious marketing strategy, and is good for religious business, it doesn't accurately reflect the Gospel as defined by the Christ Himself.

The reason why I believe in Repentance is because of what the Christ says. But repentance in a "work", and therefore, just hearing the Words of the Christ, but not believing Him enough to be a "Doer" of His Sayings, seem degrading and disrespectful to Him, given what HE did for me. So I live in repentance. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of this Christ of the Bible. Even though His "WAY" is looked down on by "many" who come in His Name. Jesus warns about these "many" in the Same Bible His Gospel is found.
Those who want to be saved want to be rid of their sins and will repent. Those that love darkness more than light will never repent. Repentance is not a coin you slip into the cosmic vending machine for a reward. At some point you will be faced with the conviction to repent of legalism and accept God's grace. It will be a fierce battle with pride if you decide to repent.

And I just noticed,
how "receiving the end of your faith" means have faith.
yet receiving "Christ is the end of the law" means the law ended.

I began to observe the law when my faith ended.
And Christ didn't come at the end of the law, but when I was still just beginning, to help.
What a bass ackwards interpretation.

It is amazing to listen to you argue with the bible. But that is the journey for legalists to follow and either they will eventually succumb to God's grace or reject God's word.
That's funny.
You call them legalists because you see they have succumbed to God, and now subject themselves to all His word.

In the Gospel of Christ, repentance requires "Self-denial", that is, the belief that God is always right, even when His Teaching contradicts the religious philosophy of this religion or that religious sect of the world, HE placed us in.

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

This "self-Denial/repentance" will include abstaining from certain habits we may have that are contrary to God's instructions, (Acts 15). When We "Turn to God" or listen to those God sent to us, like Moses and the Prophets that Jesus taught, we find the "Way of the Lord" that God before ordained that we should walk in them, so we can become a "Christian" like Abraham.

I'm not ashamed of the "Way of the Lord" found in the Gospel of the Christ "of the bible", even though "many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, don't Believe God when HE defines them.
It is not what you do, but why you do it.

That's funny.
You call them legalists because you see they have succumbed to God, and now subject themselves to all His word.
You are a legalists but to your own law. Just like the crazy backwards interpretation you just posted. I guess we could call it down-under theology or CommngFromology for short.

What a bass ackwards interpretation.
And now you are trying to be funny, but aren't.

And yes, I agree with you, it is the reverse of what we hear most Christians saying.
And they say they have a lot of faith,
which convinces many to believe in them, and keep their sayings.

And now you are trying to be funny, but aren't.

And yes, I agree with you, it is the reverse of what we hear most Christians saying.
And they say they have a lot of faith,
which convinces many to believe in them, and keep their sayings.
How can I be funny next to you?

You are a legalists but to your own law. Just like the crazy backwards interpretation you just posted.
And yet it is straight copy and paste out of God's word, that I show you.

But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear,
but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart,
and went backward, and not forward.

Jeremiah 7:24

I guess we could call it down-under theology or CommngFromology for short.
I call it Jesusanity. ☺️

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst;
but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 4:14

Back