• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

The point is, Abraham obeyed God, and God Himself said it was because Abraham obeyed, that the blessing was given. I
Blessings are not the same as righteousness. Righteousness adds blessings to our lives. Only one with a clean and pure heart can be righteous and we cannot make our hearts pure by works of righteousness since an evil heart cannot produce righteousness.

This principle applies to salvation. One cannot be saved unless they believe. If they do not believe that God has saved them it means that they are predicating their salvation upon something or someone other than God alone. This is a sure fail every time.

I am of the understanding that "Belief" generally comes before obedience. Nevertheless, it wasn't because Abraham believed "IN GOD" that he was blessed, because satan believes "in God".
Belief in God and believing God is two very different things. Even believing God does not lead to obedience, it is a clean and pure heart that produces obedience to God. God is love and only in love can we be pleasing to HIm.

God's commands to us are the blessings we receive. Every command works out a blessing in our lives. Blessings are not rewards for obedience, they are a result of obeying. If out of love to God I eat the things fresh from the ground that He produces it will work out physical blessings of increased helth and vitality in my life to serve and hear him better.

If I do not lie, it works out the blessings in my life of reduced anxiety, social turmoil, a loving relationship with my family and that is just the tip of the iceberg. You see, God's commands are not a ladder to climb to His approval on. They are manifestations of His love toward us as His kids. They result in a very blessed life, secure in Abba's embrace and assurance of salvation.

This is an important distinction which is missed by this world's religions, in my view. Abraham believed God's Words, God's instruction, which is "WHY" He obeyed God. Israel also "believed in God", but they didn't believe His Word's, His instruction. We know this because Israel "didn't obey", and therefore didn't receive the "Blessings" God had promised Abraham and his descendants.
As I pointed out belief in and believing God are not the same. The latter failed to receive the blessings because the would not receive His commands which were the blessings. They rejected them because they loved darkness more than light. They did not believe God nor did Eve but they both believed in God.

Your judgment of others and your opinion of me notwithstanding, it was the "works" of Abraham which showed what was in his heart. His Faith/belief was shown, not by his lips, as the religion you promote advocates, but by his mind and body. AS it is written.
It had to be in Abraham's heart in order for Him to show it. God had to create a new heart in Abraham and a right spirit first or else only corruption could come from a corrupt heart.

Our works reveal our hearts. God does not need our works to Judge us but man does because man looks on the outward appearance but the Lord looks on the heart.

At first James can look like an outlier to the gospel but that is not true. The fact the James was driving at was that faith in, and believing God allows God to purify our hearts and give us renewed spirits. This will play out in our behaviour and desires. Claiming faith without results in one's life reveals a lack of belief in God. But trying to get faith by works is just as dead and will never achieve a genuine faith and belief in God. Trying to resurrect a dead faith with good works only leaves us a mouthful of sand.

WHen God saves us, he saves us onto good works but no one doubting God's salvation of themselves can do godly works.

The point is, Abraham obeyed God, and God Himself said it was because Abraham obeyed, that the blessing was given. I am of the understanding that "Belief" generally comes before obedience. Nevertheless, it wasn't because Abraham believed "IN GOD" that he was blessed, because satan believes "in God". This is an important distinction which is missed by this world's religions, in my view. Abraham believed God's Words, God's instruction, which is "WHY" He obeyed God. Israel also "believed in God", but they didn't believe His Word's, His instruction. We know this because Israel "didn't obey", and therefore didn't receive the "Blessings" God had promised Abraham and his descendants.

Jesus confirms this understanding while talking to those "many" who were convinced they were already "Heirs to the promises", in His Time.

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
It would seem you are offering is an oral traditions of man. Abraham's (seed )one is Christ not seen .Not seeds of the flesh as that seen all of mankind .

What you are offering is some sort of what some call "sign gift" .I did it you saw it .it proves it. Self -edifying called Charismatic .

It's what the faithless Jews and gentiles(no faith that could please God not seen. (not little faith none as it is written.They had no faith (the unseen work of God's labor of Love ) that could please God.

Not the testimony of the flesh the temporal corrupted dying. But the eternal Spirit of faith that works in earthen bodies of death .We have the power as a treasure in us but would never assume its Power is of the flesh of dying mankind .

In that way as sons of God which we are.We are not what we will be when we receive the new incorruptible body.

Those who had no faith that could please God in effect made Jesus into a circus seal . . "work a miracle". . . "do a trick" and then we we see it we will believe.

Isaiah 8: 20 informs us if mankind speaks not according law and its testimony as one word. There is no light on their path

The law. . .

John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

Its testimony...

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

James 2 helps us to tie together the Ephesian 2:8-10 account with the James 2. "Faith (unsen) without works is dead . They seemingly are against each other in many Christian circles ?

It is where the word faith comes in, many misunderstand it . . and how it works in us?

At the the beginning of the chapter 2 .Believers are lovingly commanded to not have the faith of Christ that works in us in respect to the things seen which includes the us In Christ. Faith as a work is testified by the things not seen .Not of the things seen .

The loving commandment

James 2:1King James Version My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. (What the eyes see).

The conclusion or testimony

James 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Those who do not commit blasphemy are those empowered from within to both reveal the will of God and given the power strengthened to do it to the good pleasure of our unseen God .Again we have the power of His faith in us but would never say it is of us (Abraham or Rehab)

James 2:20-26 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, (Christ's) when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith (Christ's)wrought with his works,(Christ's) and by works(Christ's) was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.Ye see then how that by works (Christ's) a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works,(Christ's) when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead(Christ's) , so faith without works (Christ's) is dead also.

Yoked with Christ our daily burdens a can be lighter.All die not receiving the new incorruptible bodies

No sign gifts rather than inward gifts of the Spirit of Christ.

This is how legalism speaks. It goes like this...
  • I have repented, as Jesus instructs.

In the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible, Repentance is a requirement of Salvation. At least, this is according to the Words of the Jesus "of the Bible". Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

I understand how the gospel you have adopted and are now promoting requires nothing from a man. And while your religion makes for a great corporate religious marketing strategy, and is good for religious business, it doesn't accurately reflect the Gospel as defined by the Christ Himself.

The reason why I believe in Repentance is because of what the Christ says. But repentance in a "work", and therefore, just hearing the Words of the Christ, but not believing Him enough to be a "Doer" of His Sayings, seem degrading and disrespectful to Him, given what HE did for me. So I live in repentance. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of this Christ of the Bible. Even though His "WAY" is looked down on by "many" who come in His Name. Jesus warns about these "many" in the Same Bible His Gospel is found.

• I have denied myself, including the religious traditions of this world I was born into, as Jesus instructs

In the Gospel of Christ, repentance requires "Self-denial", that is, the belief that God is always right, even when His Teaching contradicts the religious philosophy of this religion or that religious sect of the world, HE placed us in.

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

This "self-Denial/repentance" will include abstaining from certain habits we may have that are contrary to God's instructions, (Acts 15). When We "Turn to God" or listen to those God sent to us, like Moses and the Prophets that Jesus taught, we find the "Way of the Lord" that God before ordained that we should walk in them, so we can become a "Christian" like Abraham.

I'm not ashamed of the "Way of the Lord" found in the Gospel of the Christ "of the bible", even though "many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, don't Believe God when HE defines them.

• I am keeping the "Way of the Lord" that Jesus Himself walked in, also as Jesus instructs.

In the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible, there is a "WAY" that God created for His People to walk in. Jesus walked in this "Way", and HE instructed me to "Strive to Enter" into this Path that He walked, even as He walked.

1 John 2: 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

I fall short no doubt, but each time I fall, I remember that the mercies of God are many and great, and Jesus deserves the very best of me, so I don't quit and join the religions of this world where nothing is required of me, but I get up, Repent and forget about the past, in Faith/belief that Jesus has removed my sin as far as the east is from the west, and "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of the Christ of the bible, although "many" who come in Christ's Name, try to place a stumbling block in my way, accusing that by following the Christ's instruction, I am trying to "earn" Salvation", thus denying God's grace. But Jesus said not to let these "many" who come in His Name, deceive me, and HE promised me that if I respect Him enough to be a "DOER" of His instructions, I will withstand the storms of this life that are coming. And while I'm sure you are confident in your ability to create your own Path to eternity, I am not, to me it seems only prudent to follow the instructions of the One who gave His life for me, and Let His Word, which are Spirit and life, Guide me.

• I have turned to God, not Calvin or Wesley...

A major difference between you and me. I am not ashamed of it.

• I am a purchased possession that doesn't know if it is saved or not

The Christ of the Bible who purchased me, told me not to be High minded but to be diligent to "Endure to the End". I believe those who are Faithful are saved. But I don't believe your religion which teaches you already have your reward, and therefore have nothing further to "Gain" by respecting God with Honor and obedience. I know many have been deceived about their "Eternal Security", because of the warning of the Christ Himself.

Rev. 3: 14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; 15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. 17Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; (I am eternally secure, Perfect forever) and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

The bad part about being deceived, is that those who are deceived, are the most certain they are not.

• I owe Him a great debt, I don't take freebies.

You Mock, because you must save face. But I was purchased for a great price, and I owe Him. This is all jokes and games to you. but not to me.

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, nor of my reverence for the One True God HE wants me to know. Neither was David.

Ps. 5: 7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. (Christ) 8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. 9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue. 10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.

See I am better than others...

Am I better than you? No, by no means, as the Scriptures clearly show both Jew and Gentile, all men have sinned. My issue with you is the false doctrines you constantly promote. Your preaching that "the children of the devil in Jesus' Time were trying to earn salvation by obeying God". That God's instruction that HE before ordained that His Purchased possession should walk in them, is a "yoke of Bondage" and "Beggarly Elements". That God purposely created instruction impossible to follow, then lied to men and told them they could follow them, then killed them when they didn't."

That much of God's instructions Jesus walked in were "Petty Rules" unworthy of the respect and honor of God's Purchased possessions.

So I don't think I'm better than you at all. But I am charged with proving all things, especially all things religious.

As Jesus also did.

Matt. 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Just because I believe in the Words of this Jesus and understands what HE is saying, doesn't mean I think I'm better than you.

What would you have me say GA? "But Jesus, these Hypocrites will call me a Legalist, if I don't worship like they do"?

No, I struggle with Sin every day, and I die daily in repentance. I'm not going to disregard His Words just to make you feel better about your religion.
  • I obey not just with my lips, like them

I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible. You also have His Oracles. It's not my fault that you choose the religious Path created by men, over the "Good Works" God before ordained that His Purchased Possessions should walk in them.

I'm not ashamed that I believe the Scriptures over you GA. You might be offended, it seems, but apparently not enough to repent.

• I have Love and humility from the heart to the end of my life. Something they know nothing about

Something "YOU" know nothing about GA. My issue here is with how the religion you are promoting, contradicts the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible.

You know why I do all these things and make these boasts even though I am humble and filled with humility?

My humility and servitude is towards God and HIS Word, not you and your religion. That is your beef with me. If I would simply conform to your religious philosophy, we would be pals. But because I honor the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible, over your religion, I am become a reprobate.

Because there is a reward waiting for me if I make it. Reward, reward, oh my I hope I get my reward.

Maybe Jesus is lying, maybe He isn't.

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

My Faith/belief is that HE isn't. You already have your reward, by your own doctrine.

Good for you.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

We shall know them by their works.
Romans 4:3
For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

We shall know them by their works.
James 2:23
And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

We will know them by their works.
Romans 4:1-25
What then shall we say was gained by Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh? For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say?

"Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering. And the priest shall take of the blood thereof with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom of the altar. And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat is taken away from off the sacrifice of peace offerings; and the priest shall burn it upon the altar for a sweet savour unto the LORD; and the priest shall make an atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.

These Works for forgiveness/justification wasn't "ADDED" until 430 years after Abraham. Just because you don't believe all that is written, doesn't make ALL that was written a lie.

James 2: 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

How did he know this? "Because" of God's Word.

Gen. 22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

How do we know Abraham believed God? Because of what HE said? Or because of what He DID?

Of course, you are not allowed by your religion to answer.

But I am not ashamed of any of God's Words. I can believe every scripture because I'm not a slave to sin, or Calvin. This freedom is the freedom one receives in the Christ of the Bible and comes from knowing and not hiding from the Truth of the scriptures.

“Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.” Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, ...

satan also believes in God, Yes? So then, by your own religious philosophy, satan's belief should be accounted to him as Righteousness?

Hebrews 11:17-19 up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was in the act of offering up his only son, of whom it was said, “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” He considered that God was able even to raise him from the dead, from which, figuratively speaking, he did receive him back.

"And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together."

Abraham was a true Christion.
Romans 4:11
He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

As Jesus said to those men who " profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. who declared "Abraham is our father."

and what did Jesus say to them? Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

Galatians 3:6
Just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

You shall know them by their works.
Romans 4:13
For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Not the Law that was "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham. But God Said "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

AS it is written, by Abraham Works, His Faith was revealed.

Jam. 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Not the Priesthood Law "ADDED" 430 years after Abraham.

Romans 4:8
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Romans 4:5
And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Faith without Works is dead.

In the Gospel of the Christ of the Bible, Repentance is a requirement of Salvation. At least, this is according to the Words of the Jesus "of the Bible". Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Actually, the call to repentance is a call to salvation, not a requirement of it. (Many are called but few are chosen.) The passage you quote is simply a statement of fact. Repentance is salvation and it is not as most think, repenting of individual sins. It is repentance of our having turned away from God ever since the Garden and turning back to Him. And no one comes to God except through Jesus. Faith must be placed in His person and work.

It would seem you are offering is an oral traditions of man. Abraham's (seed )one is Christ not seen .Not seeds of the flesh as that seen all of mankind .

I'm just going by what is Written. "And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

So whether the Blessing is for only the Christ, or if the Blessing also falls on those who Jesus said were the "children of Abraham", either way, the Blessing came "BECAUSE" of the "works" of Abraham which showed his belief/Faith. Not Works of the Priesthood covenant God made with Levi 430 years later.

Is this not Biblically True?

What you are offering is some sort of what some call "sign gift" .I did it you saw it .it proves it. Self -edifying called Charismatic .

I can't speak to the various religious principles or traditions of this world, as they are as many as the man-made shrines of worship built in every town across the land. I only know that in EVERY example of Faithful man in the Bible, God instructed, and they set out to obey. And their "work" was the determining factor of God's Judgment towards them. Those who "Believed" obeyed, and those who "Didn't believe" didn't obey.

Jesus understood this perfectly.

John. 10: 37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. 38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

Would this not also be the same with Abraham and preachers of our time as well?

"You shall know them by their Fruits".

It's what the faithless Jews and gentiles(no faith that could please God not seen. (not little faith none as it is written.They had no faith (the unseen work of God's labor of Love ) that could please God.

I agree, but Abraham was God's Friend, not a Faithless Jew or Gentile,

"And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God."

satan also believes in God, but that wasn't imputed unto him for righteousness. What is the difference between them? It seems Jesus points it out. Abraham was a "Doer" of God's Sayings, while satan and it's "Ministers of Righteousness" are not.

This seems important to consider, Yes?

Not the testimony of the flesh the temporal corrupted dying. But the eternal Spirit of faith that works in earthen bodies of death .We have the power as a treasure in us but would never assume its Power is of the flesh of dying mankind .

It seems that according to the Living Christ, we can discern who is alive, and who is dead, by their "works".

Zacharias, as an example "put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." like Caleb and Joshua. While the Pharisees "draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." like the Israelites who fell in the wilderness.

One, Zacharias, had belief/faith in the Word of God and therefore knew the Christ when HE came. The other, the Pharisees, didn't have Faith/believe in the Word of God, and therefore didn't know the Christ when HE came.

This is also made evident in the Hebrews verse we spoke of recently. "Because" of their belief/Faith, or lack thereof, was the determining factor on who would "Enter" God's Promised land of rest, and who would not enter.

It seems it all is connected Spiritually to the very beginning. "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

The New man ruling over the old man, with God's instruction, not our own.

In that way as sons of God which we are.We are not what we will be when we receive the new incorruptible body.

This is true, we are in the land of testing, in a corruptible body. We need to believe in God's instruction in righteousness as Abraham did, not just hear Him, and do lip service to Him, as those who fell in the Wilderness did. As it is written; "that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I believe this is because we, that is, those who have been purchased by the Blood of the Christ, will Grow in the knowledge of God, as opposed to presenting our bodies to the religions of this world we were born into, which will only increase our knowledge of this world's religions.

Those who had no faith that could please God in effect made Jesus into a circus seal . . "work a miracle". . . "do a trick" and then we we see it we will believe.

Absolutely. Those with whom you are speaking, erect Shrines of Worship made of wood and stone, they create images of God in the likeness of men. They create their own high days and sabbaths and bingo, and Jesus Bobbleheads, to be seen of men.

Jesus also speaks to these. "they love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Pastor, Pastor. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Peter as well.
2 Pet. 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

Isaiah 8: 20 informs us if mankind speaks not according law and its testimony as one word. There is no light on their path

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them."

I like how you combine the Word of God, with the Word of God which became Flesh. Jesus is the Walking Talking, Word of God. His Word is Spirit, His Word is Life.

The law. . .
John 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

Its testimony...

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

They are willfully ignorant of the Fact that God had already given them what they need, they just didn't "Believe".

"For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me."

And Jesus also warns us of following the same example of unbelief.

"And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

As it is to this day.

2 Cor. 3: 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

James 2 helps us to tie together the Ephesian 2:8-10 account with the James 2. "Faith (unsen) without works is dead . They seemingly are against each other in many Christian circles ?

It is where the word faith comes in, many misunderstand it . . and how it works in us?

At the the beginning of the chapter 2 .Believers are lovingly commanded to not have the faith of Christ that works in us in respect to the things seen which includes the us In Christ. Faith as a work is testified by the things not seen .Not of the things seen .

The loving commandment

James 2:1King James Version My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons. (What the eyes see).

The conclusion or testimony

James 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

Those who do not commit blasphemy are those empowered from within to both reveal the will of God and given the power strengthened to do it to the good pleasure of our unseen God .Again we have the power of His faith in us but would never say it is of us (Abraham or Rehab)

I think it's important to place our belief in the One true God Jesus wants us to know. WE shouldn't be embarrassed to Judge Abraham with the same Judgment God made towards him. Doing so doesn't blaspheme God's Name, in my view. Rather, it establishes whose judgment we believe. If God tells me Abraham and his Seed was blessed because Abraham obeyed, we should not let this world's religions convince us to use their judgment and not God's.

James 2:20-26 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, (Christ's) when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith (Christ's)wrought with his works,(Christ's) and by works(Christ's) was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.Ye see then how that by works (Christ's) a man is justified, and not by faith only. Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works,(Christ's) when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? For as the body without the spirit is dead(Christ's) , so faith without works (Christ's) is dead also.

Yoked with Christ our daily burdens a can be lighter.All die not receiving the new incorruptible bodies

No sign gifts rather than inward gifts of the Spirit of Christ.

I agree all die having not received the incorruptible body. But Jesus said we shall know others by their outward works. And His Spirit inspired it to be written how I can know for sure, if I am in Him, or deceived.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments."

"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

Matt. 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Since Paul says God's Law is Good, Just and Holy, it seems the "Good Works" he speaks to are not man's works, but God's.

I'm ok with that.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

Back