• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

Giving unto the Lord as He commanded is "self-centric stuff" to you.

How about when you are placing your iniquities upon Him, so your conscience be cleansed of sin?
Which is your way of fulfilling/saying that commandment of His.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor;
he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
to preach deliverance to the captives,
and recovering of sight to the blind,
to set at liberty them that are bruised,
to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Luke 4:18-19

No, I am not saying I am Jesus,
but because I do His works, and keep His words, He has put His Spirit upon me.
And I show you the gospel of the kingdom.

Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My spirit unto you,
I will make known My words unto you.

Proverbs 1:23
Just more self-centric exercises. You religion is really all about you, right. What does James call a pure religion?

Let's say that I was born into a very strict religious household where I was taught to obey the ten commandments. And I did so.
How is it that I would need someone to substitute for me?

Just more self-centric exercises. You religion is really all about you, right. What does James call a pure religion?
So you believe God's commandments in His law are a bunch of self-centric exercises?
And that is why you won't do them as He commanded?

Or you consider me a fatherless, and a widow.
And that's why you are always visiting here, to reply to my posts,
and to the other fatherless and widows here.
You are here to help us with our affliction.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,
To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue,
but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 1:27-25

And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness
against the sorcerers,
and against the adulterers,
and against false swearers,
and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless,
and that turn aside the stranger from his right,
and fear not Me, saith the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 3:5

You need no convincing. Legalism never obeys God and yet thinks thinks that it does. Legalism turns people into snarling bitter accusers who pat themselves on the back that doing so is God's will for them.

Your judgment of others and your opinion of me notwithstanding, it was the "works" of Abraham which showed what was in his heart. His Faith/belief was shown, not by his lips, as the religion you promote advocates, but by his mind and body. AS it is written.

James 1: 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

This is why Jesus didn't say "If you were Abraham's children, you would say the words of Abraham". God judged Abraham by His Works as the entire Bible teaches God judges all men. And God rewarded not only him, but those who would afterward follow in the faith of Abraham.

As it is written in the Holy Scriptures;

Gen. 26: 4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

In your religion, Abraham would be a "Legalist".

Let's say that I was born into a very strict religious household where I was taught to obey the ten commandments. And I did so.
How is it that I would need someone to substitute for me?

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. 32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

According to Jesus, if you didn't sin, you wouldn't need forgiveness. I've never met anyone born into this world that would qualify though.

You have it bass ackwards. Belief comes first then righteousness and new heart then from a new heart cpme obedience. You can't put new wine in an old wineskin.

The point is, Abraham obeyed God, and God Himself said it was because Abraham obeyed, that the blessing was given. I am of the understanding that "Belief" generally comes before obedience. Nevertheless, it wasn't because Abraham believed "IN GOD" that he was blessed, because satan believes "in God". This is an important distinction which is missed by this world's religions, in my view. Abraham believed God's Words, God's instruction, which is "WHY" He obeyed God. Israel also "believed in God", but they didn't believe His Word's, His instruction. We know this because Israel "didn't obey", and therefore didn't receive the "Blessings" God had promised Abraham and his descendants.

Jesus confirms this understanding while talking to those "many" who were convinced they were already "Heirs to the promises", in His Time.

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

You were doing the expounding.
And requesting to know what the Lord says His covenant is.

And I, behold, I establish My covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
Genesis 9:9

But by offering them up, I get to know them better,
and ensures I don't forget them.

And if thou bring an oblation of a meat offering baken in the oven,
it shall be unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil,
or unleavened wafers anointed with oil.

Leviticus 2:4
You get to know them in which way? As the seed of grace in respect to those not found with a righteousness of their own or one that did worship the shadows of the good thing (grace) that did come (salvation)

All of the those shadows (unleavened cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, or unleavened wafers anointed with oil). represented the sufferings of Christ beforehand and the glory (salvation) that did follow ,

By that labor of Christ love or work of his faith we can keep the law by guarding it with all our new heart soul and mind . No man can keep it perfectly without sinning . The wage of one sin is eternal damnation .

1 Peter 1: 8-11 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it (the Spirit of grace) testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

Back