• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

Gentile Christians kept the Seventh Day Sabbath until the third century AD, then the Catholics changed it to Sunday.
Regarding changing the day of worship, I don't care what the Catholics did.

Christians do not have to observe the Jews' Saturday Sabbath.

Sunday will always be related to the first day of the week.

Do you realize that almost everything you say is wrong? The Seventh Day Sabbath command was given to Mankind, before it was given to the Jews.

Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Genesis 2:3
Then God (blessed / sanctified) the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Who do you think He sanctified the Seventh Day for?

Do you realize that almost everything you say is wrong?
No.
The Seventh Day Sabbath command was given to Mankind, before it was given to the Jews.

Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

Genesis 2:3
Then God (blessed / sanctified) the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Who do you think He sanctified the Seventh Day for?
The Bible doesn't say. It surely doesn't say He told Adam to keep it. Keeping the Sabbath was not part of the Law UNTIL the Law.

Notice that satan didn't go directly to the man, but went after the man, through the woman.

I have no doubt that "many" men have placed their emotions for women before God.
Thus Jesus was wrong when He said that Man is to love his wife as much as Jesus loves His church.
"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;"

But to me this has a much deeper meaning.

Had Adam simply obeyed God, Eve would have died, and a "New woman" would have replaced her, "which is created after God in true righteousness and Holiness". She, the "New Woman", no longer the child of disobedience, would then say;
Had Adam simply obeyed GOD, you and I would not likely be here. The fall of man had to happen for the glory of GOD. No other way would the Son of Man be needed.
Rom. 11:19 Thou wilt say then, Eve was broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief she was broken off, and I standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not Eve when she sinned, I should take heed lest he also spare not me.

The church of God was said to be the Bride of Christ. He is the Head of the Church, the same as the man is the head of the Woman. Adam placed the Woman before God. But Jesus didn't. He was surrounded by the Jews, who had been "beguiled" by the serpent, just like Eve, and were teaching for doctrines the commandments of men, since HE was at least 12. And even though Jesus would have loved the Jews, and came to save those who were lost, he didn't place His Love for them, above the Commandments of God.
The church of Jesus is a type of woman.A bride to be of the members of this church...Did He place this church in front of GOD...He death, burial and resurrection was preordained for all the members of His church.
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Had Jesus been like Adam, There would have been no chance for the "New Woman", created after God in righteousness and true holiness.

You point is a great one Blade.
That is not what this scripture means but thanks

Blade

No.

The Bible doesn't say. It surely doesn't say He told Adam to keep it. Keeping the Sabbath was not part of the Law UNTIL the Law.

WOW

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Yahshua did not say the Sabbath was made for the Jews. Yahshua said "Man," as in Mankind.

Adam was the first man, and he was not a Jew.

The people in Heaven do not need rest, but Human being do.

WOW

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Yahshua did not say the Sabbath was made for the Jews. Yahshua said "Man," as in Mankind.
Still, there was no command to keep the Sabbath until the Law.

Adam was the first man, and he was not a Jew.
That's correct.
The people in Heaven do not need rest, but Human being do.
Who are these "people in heaven?"

Scripture?
Example:
Genesis 3:17
To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’ “Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

Back