• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why the Sacrifices in the Sinai Covenant

Your customary insult..

That's right. We do not have to keep it.

Jesus Christ was buried late Wednesday, before the "high" (special) Sabbath.

Passover was always on Nisan 14, the first day of the feast of unleavened bread was on Nisan 15. The year Christ was crucified Passover fell on a Wednesday. Thursday was a high Sabbath, the first day of the feast of unleavened bread.

The biblical calendar was a lunar calendar, which was 354 days.

That's not true.

No it wasn't.

The year Christ was crucified, that "high" Sabbath fell on a Thursday.

The day after the weekly Sabbath was Sunday.

Christ's resurrection was on late Saturday. To make your timeline fit, I see you had to declare another mistranslation... tsk tsk tsk

On Sunday morning when the women went to the tomb, Christ had already been raised.

The first day of the week was Sunday.

No, Christ was crucified on Wednesday, Nisan 14, and was buried before sunset, the start of the high Sabbath (the first day of the feast of unleavened bread). He was dead and in the tomb for three days and three nights, then God raised him from the dead on late Saturday afternoon.

Firstfruits was on the Sunday after the weekly Sabbath.

The resurrection was late Saturday afternoon.
What a great multitude of errors. What calendar do you think Christ and the Disciples kept? The Lunar calendar, or the 364 day biblical calendar?

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Romans 13:9
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

That Sunday was a Sabbath Day of Rest.
No it wasn't.

The real scripture say the women went the first of the week. The word (day) is not in that verse, someone added it.
Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

"Day" is in italics, meaning it was added by the translators. Lets see what it looks like without it:

Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

It began to dawn toward the first of the week. If you are correct, Tuesday morning would be "the first of the week." Tuesday is not the first of the week. It's almost half way through the week.

Yahshua said he would be in the grave for three FULL Days and Nights. That is 72 hours.
That's right, but you have the wrong three days.

What a great multitude of errors. What calendar do you think Christ and the Disciples kept? The Lunar calendar, or the 364 day biblical calendar?
The feast days were observed by the lunar calendar. Passover was on Nisan 14, which in the year Jesus Christ was crucified was on a Wednesday.

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Romans 13:9
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
Rom 14:
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Gal 4:
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

The feast days were observed by the lunar calendar. Passover was on Nisan 14, which in the year Jesus Christ was crucified was on a Wednesday.

Rom 14:
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Gal 4:
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
Ro 14 and Gal 4 is about the Festivals and foods. There is no mention of the commanded sabbath rest.

No it wasn't.

Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

"Day" is in italics, meaning it was added by the translators. Lets see what it looks like without it:

Matt 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

It began to dawn toward the first of the week. If you are correct, Tuesday morning would be "the first of the week." Tuesday is not the first of the week. It's almost half way through the week.

That's right, but you have the wrong three days.
What calendar do you think Christ and the Disciples kept? The Lunar calendar, or the 364 day biblical calendar?

Ro 14 and Gal 4 is about the Festivals and foods. There is no mention of the commanded sabbath rest.
That's your assertion. I'm convinced you're wrong.

You can keep the Sabbath if you like. There's certainly no harm in it. But it's not a requirement for Christians.

Try on the third day. Luke 24:21; Luke 13:31-31; Luke 24:46; Matt 26:21

On top of that we have the significance of the number three in the Bible. It signifies completeness or perfection and points to what is solid, real, substantial. It always identifies an important event.
Whatever. Close to three yoms.

That's your assertion. I'm convinced you're wrong.

You can keep the Sabbath if you like. There's certainly no harm in it. But it's not a requirement for Christians.
Gentile Christians kept the Seventh Day Sabbath until the third century AD, then the Catholics changed it to Sunday.

Back