• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why Jesus Doesn't Need Your Help to Save You

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that you must repent to be saved. What it does say is that you must hear and believe the Gospel. Repentance is a work of the Holy Spirit that is given to those that believe AFTER they are saved.

Repentance is a work of the Holy Spirit that is given to those with no power to beleive as those saved

The Gospel is not about repenting.
It is. How do you ever get it isn't about repenting of sins when it is why Jesus died for us?
The Gospel is about Jesus Christ and what he has done to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I am not a Calvinist. I am a Gospel believing Christian and you are an unbeliever.
Your beliefs are like the Calvinists who say we don't have to repent of our sins to get saved. That denies the scriptures.

No such thing as God saving unrepentant unbelievers.
Yes if he does not first turns them by the power of His word so that when turned . . . . . they could repent and after that then see how childish or foolish believers can be . Repentance to salvation is two parts. Satan as a wile would have mankind believe its all one in the same work .(self righteousness)

Jerimiah the "law or doctrine of repentance. ".

Green. . new life
Red . . power of the gospel
purple. . . turning work of gospel
We. . . no power

Jerimiah 31:18-19. I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

If he does not first turn us giving us ears to hear his understanding. Then mankind would have no desire to turn to Him . He would be nowhere to be found, he has no form .

We I beleive need power from him needed to both reveal His will and again empower us to have fellowship. Yoked with him our burden is made lighter with a living hope beyond the grave.

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

It is. How do you ever get it isn't about repenting of sins when it is why Jesus died for us?

Your beliefs are like the Calvinists who say we don't have to repent of our sins to get saved. That denies the scriptures.
We are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel.

"In whom you trusted, AFTER you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also AFTER that you believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

Order of salvation.

We hear the Gospel.
We believe the Gospel.
We receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit brings repentance.

We are saved by hearing and believing the Gospel.

"In whom you trusted, AFTER you heard the word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also AFTER that you believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

Order of salvation.

We hear the Gospel.
We believe the Gospel.
We receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit brings repentance.
We have to hear the gospel and believe, which is about being crucified with Christ---dying to the sins of the world, and living to please Jesus.
We have to repent of our sins just as Jesus says.

Yes if he does not first turns them by the power of His word so that when turned . . . . . they could repent and after that then see how childish or foolish believers can be .
God does not save unbelievers and unrepentant sinners.
Why do you think John the baptizer was beheaded?
Repentance to salvation is two parts. Satan as a wile would have mankind believe its all one in the same work .(self righteousness)
It is never ever shameful to obey God.
Your false teachers told you that it is something called self righteous and wrong to obey God.
Jerimiah the "law or doctrine of repentance. ".

Green. . new life
Red . . power of the gospel
purple. . . turning work of gospel
We. . . no power

Jerimiah 31:18-19. I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
He believed in God and repented of his sins.
If he does not first turn us giving us ears to hear his understanding. Then mankind would have no desire to turn to Him . He would be nowhere to be found, he has no form .
God only gives understanding to those who obey Him.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Daniel 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

We have to hear the gospel and believe, which is about being crucified with Christ---dying to the sins of the world, and living to please Jesus.
We have to repent of our sins just as Jesus says.
We are only pleasing to God by being "In Christ". "For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. If God saw you in your sinful Adamic body, he would have to judge you and condemn you.

God does not save unbelievers and unrepentant sinners.
Why do you think John the baptizer was beheaded?

It is never ever shameful to obey God.
Your false teachers told you that it is something called self righteous and wrong to obey God.

He believed in God and repented of his sins.

God only gives understanding to those who obey Him.

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Daniel 9:13 As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

John 8:30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him. 31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
You mix Old Covenant law and religion with New Covenant Gospel and faith. This is why you are so screwed up.

We are only pleasing to God by being "In Christ". "For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3. If God saw you in your sinful Adamic body, he would have to judge you and condemn you.
No such thing. You have been taught by a Calvinist.
God loves a repentant sinner.
Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise.
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted; He saves the contrite in spirit.

You mix Old Covenant law and religion with New Covenant Gospel and faith. This is why you are so screwed up.
It is the same one and only God.
ALL scripture is God breathed.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I can, and did, correct you, with scriptures from the Old Testament.

It is the same one and only God.
ALL scripture is God breathed.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I can, and did, correct you, with scriptures from the Old Testament.
You are in denial of the New Covenant, the Gospel and Justification by faith, Hebrews 8:6-13.

Back