• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why Jesus Doesn't Need Your Help to Save You

The only ones going to heaven are the faith alone Christians.

Catholicism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. There is nothing in the New Testament about a Catholic church in Rome.
Any person, whether they're a Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pateist, whatever, if they confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead shall be saved. Believing works are required or not does not put a person's salvation in jeopardy.

The only ones going to heaven are the faith alone Christians.

Catholicism is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. There is nothing in the New Testament about a Catholic church in Rome.

If you re-examine the statement, you've just made, does it indeed sound like the words of a sincere follower of the man who forgave the ones who crucified him as he was dying on the cross?

Any person, whether they're a Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pateist, whatever, if they confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in their heart God raised him from the dead shall be saved. Believing works are required or not does not put a person's salvation in jeopardy.

While I won't comment on the specifics of how justification is achieved in this instance, it is certainly the case that if we presume Sola Fide, there is absolutely zero support for the idea that believing that extra steps are required would have any mortally detrimental effect.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we?" Matthew 7:21-23. This scripture is about a group of people that were trusting in their good works to save them, only to hear the words, "Depart from me I never knew you".

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we?" Matthew 7:21-23. This scripture is about a group of people that were trusting in their good works to save them, only to hear the words, "Depart from me I never knew you".
People who have confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord and believed in their heart that God raised him from the dead shall be saved (Rom 10:9).

People who have confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord and believed in their heart that God raised him from the dead shall be saved (Rom 10:9).

Not many believe that Christ is their savior. You apparently believe that predestination is your savior, just like the Catholics believe that works save them.

Not many believe that Christ is their savior.
A great many do.
You apparently believe that predestination is your savior
You're very forgetful, Robert. I am IN NO WAY a Calvinist, and speak against it all the time.
, just like the Catholics believe that works save them.
They also have made Jesus Christ their Lord and believed in their heart that God raised him from the dead. People who have done that shall be saved.

A great many do.

You're very forgetful, Robert. I am IN NO WAY a Calvinist, and speak against it all the time.

They also have made Jesus Christ their Lord and believed in their heart that God raised him from the dead. People who have done that shall be saved.
The fact that you believe Catholics are saved should be a serious concern for you.

Believing that God raised Jesus from the dead will not save anyone. Satan also believes that. Catholics are not Christians, many of them don't want to be called Christians, they want to be called Catholics.

Catholics don't believe the Gospel and you think that they are saved?

That is not true. The text tells you why and it doesn't say anything like you said it did.

Matthew 7:21-23 does not need any interpretation. It speaks for itself.
21 rNot every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of imy Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not sprophesied in thy name? and in thy name thave cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: udepart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You should use Jesus' words of why those believers are cast into hell instead of the Pauline version you made up.

There are several reasons why Jesus doesn't need your help to save you, the most obvious is that Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We had nothing to do with God reconciling us and the world unto God, this took place over 2,000 years ago before we were born. It is a past historical event. Jesus as humanities representative fulfilled every jot and tittle of God's holy law, Matthew 5:18. He did this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it ourselves. The law demands perfection, we don't have it to offer, because we are all born after Adam who was a sinner. We all have Adam's blood flowing through our veins. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. Sinners cannot save sinners, nor can sinners save themselves.

Paul wrote, "Therefore by the offense of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to condemnation: even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 518. Just as we were lost by a representative, so we are saved by a representative. We are saved, justified, sanctified and redeemed by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus as our representative and substitute has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his holy law.

2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf, has victoriously met both of these requirements. This why Paul said, "And you are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10. If we are ALREADY perfect and complete in Christ then what good is religion?

Now, how does this wonderful salvation become ours? It most certainly is not by works, because all of the work of salvation has already been done by Jesus Christ. There is nothing that we can do to add to what Christ has done for us, nor is there anything that we can do to take away from what Christ has done for us. It is a past historical event. All through the Old Testament and into the New Testament God's people are saved and justified by faith. Faith is believing and accepting what God has done for us in Jesus Christ. Even little children are capable of hearing and believing the Gospel.

Holiness theology is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. The Catholic church and others do not believe the Gospel. They do not believe that Jesus has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto God. They believe that they can reconcile themselves unto God by their works and obedience to the law. It is a do-it-yourself salvation that is under the judgment of God. Man does not have a righteousness that God will accept, this is why salvation is totally and completely outside of ourselves and is only found in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.
So everyone whatsoever is saved then.

Back