• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Why God is No Respecter of Persons

How do you ascertain what His holy and just nature is? And why do you imply that C'ism teaches that God condemns people to hell who were born after Adam, when the Bible says we are born in Adam, and that is why we sin. It also never says we are condemned to hell for Adam's sin, but for our own sins, and no Reformed doctrine says otherwise? (1 Cor:15:22; Romans 5:12-14; Romans 6:23; Romans 3:23) Do you not believe in the doctrine of original sin? You didn't answer the question.
You are mistaken, as usual. All that are born after Adam are sinners and are under condemnation.

"Therefore, as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to CONDEMNATION; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

Original sin is the results of Adam's sin. We are MADE sinners. We don't become sinners.

You are mistaken, as usual. All that are born after Adam are sinners and are under condemnation.

"Therefore, as by the offence of one (Adam) judgment came upon all men to CONDEMNATION; even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

Original sin is the results of Adam's sin. We are MADE sinners. We don't become sinners.
Of course we are born after Adam was, but the reason all sin is because we are in Adam, that is, he is our federal head, and we are born with the nature to sin that became a part of Adam, and we sin because we are sinners. I do not see where I am saying anything different than you are, other that you are again talking out of both sides of your mouth. First you say we are all born sinners, and then you say God is unjust to, and would never condemn anyone to hell because they were born after Adam. Since the Bible clearly tells us that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and it also tells us that the penalty for sin is death (eternal separation from God), you are saying in that statement that God is unjust period.

So, how do you, yourself, determine what is just and unjust with God?

Of course we are born after Adam was, but the reason all sin is because we are in Adam, that is, he is our federal head, and we are born with the nature to sin that became a part of Adam, and we sin because we are sinners. I do not see where I am saying anything different than you are, other that you are again talking out of both sides of your mouth. First you say we are all born sinners, and then you say God is unjust to, and would never condemn anyone to hell because they were born after Adam. Since the Bible clearly tells us that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and it also tells us that the penalty for sin is death (eternal separation from God), you are saying in that statement that God is unjust period.

So, how do you, yourself, determine what is just and unjust with God?
God does not condemn people to hell for no reason. This is why Jesus came into the world, so that "Whosoever that believes in him should not perish" John 3:16. If you are not trusting in him to save you, you will perish.

Your Calvinist God cannot be trusted, because he is unjust. To say that God predestinated people to hell before the foundation of the world is blasphemy against the Gospel, Jesus Christ and God the Father. Those that hold to that horrible doctrine are under the judgment of God.

God does not condemn people to hell for no reason.
No. He judges by their sin. Everyone who goes to hell deserves it.

And in the rest of your post that I didn't quote, you just disappointed God again, and exalted yourself above Christ as the judge of the salvation of others. When you say you automatically do what is right all the time simply because you are trusting in your faith, (just like Shroom is, not any faith that was given,) all you are really saying is that whatever you do or say is right with God because you said or did it. God disciplines and corrects those He loves, and you refuse to accept any correction, thinking you need none. What does that say about you? Heb 12:6. You present as one more like this: Prov 12:1; Prov 15:32; Prov 1:7; Prov 10:17.

No. He judges by their sin. Everyone who goes to hell deserves it.

And in the rest of your post that I didn't quote, you just disappointed God again, and exalted yourself above Christ as the judge of the salvation of others. When you say you automatically do what is right all the time simply because you are trusting in your faith, (just like Shroom is, not any faith that was given,) all you are really saying is that whatever you do or say is right with God because you said or did it. God disciplines and corrects those He loves, and you refuse to accept any correction, thinking you need none. What does that say about you? Heb 12:6. You present as one more like this: Prov 12:1; Prov 15:32; Prov 1:7; Prov 10:17.
People will not go to hell for their sins. They will go to hell for unbelief in Christ and his Gospel.

because you are trusting in your faith, (just like Shroom is, not any faith that was given,)
I do not trust in my faith. I trust in Jesus Christ. My faith is IN Jesus Christ, not FROM Jesus Christ.

You need to read all of Matthew 7:21-23. Not just one scripture. Matthew 7:21-23 is about religious people that are trusting in their works and their religion to save them. "Lord, Lord, didn't we?". Revelation 3:15, 16. Is about people that have a form of Godliness, but deny the power thereof, (which is the Gospel) 2 Timothy 3:5.
Thank you, Robert.

I don't believe it is just about "religious people".
I believe we all shall stand before Him.
And that you, and I, no less than they, shall be saying, "Lord, Lord, didn't I?"

But I say unto you,
That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Matthew 12:36-37

Let the words of My mouth, and the meditation of My heart, be acceptable in Thy sight,
O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14

Thank you, Robert.

And that you, and I, no less than they, shall be saying, "Lord, Lord, didn't I?"

But I say unto you,
That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Let the words of My mouth, and the meditation of My heart, be acceptable in Thy sight,

good one.

I don't want to be one that says,

Lord, did I not turn them away from the Father's Law?
Did I not preach to them, not to waste their time trying to fulfill God's commandments?
Did I not say to them to have faith in You, Lord, and that were wrong to hear and to heed the letter in the Bible?
Wasn't I right, Lord?

And did I not do many many good works in Your name?
I never stopped making meat offerings, to warn them of the error of their ways.
I worked so hard all my life to convince them that salvation is not by works.
Didn't I, Lord?

I don't want to be one that says,

Lord, did I not turn them away from the Father's Law?
Did I not preach to them, not to waste their time trying to fulfill God's commandments?
Did I not say to them to have faith in You, Lord, and that were wrong to hear and to heed the letter in the Bible?
Wasn't I right, Lord?
Another slanderer of God's children that enter His rest.

Thank you, Robert.

But I say unto you,

You need to read Matthew 7:21-23 again. You don't get it. If you walk into the judgment and start professing your righteousness and your works, you will quickly disappear in a puff of smoke.

Back