• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What to be born again for

I know but she seems to deny it.

that's why circular arguments never stop.

she cannot make up her mind.
You're mistaken. She may not like the term "Calvinist," but she does not waver at all in her stance.

You're mistaken. She may not like the term "Calvinist," but she does not waver at all in her stance.
I know. It is becaseu she does not want to identify herself as following a man's teaching.

Trinity doctrine is the same. They insist it is biblical even though it is not there.

I know. It is becaseu she does not want to identify herself as following a man's teaching.

Trinity doctrine is the same. They insist it is biblical even though it is not there.
You are mistaken.
We insist it is biblical because it is there.

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Right. That is the gospel call. "Many are called, few are chosen."
There have been bits and pieces discussed.
Good job not putting forth the character of God.
Previously discussed. Most of those OT quotes are concerning fools and the wicked.
Paul interprets them as ALL are fools and wicked and NONE of the ALL seek God. But perhaps you have a better understanding of them than Paul.
I do not treat the theology as worshiping three Gods.
Your only defense for unitarianism is scriptures that say God is One. How is that not assuming more that one God in the trinity?

Arial is a dedicated Calvinist.
No I'm not. As far as theologies go, I find the most substance and dedication to finding consistent truth in the Bible in Reformed theology. Much of Calvin's teachings are in that theology as they are also in most of traditional Christianity.
Here is the difference.
Calvinist Baptist i.e are not confessional. That is they do not have a detailed confession of faith or creed. Reformed do.
Calvinists are primarily interpret through lens of dispensationalism though it is doubtful if Calvin himself did Reformed have the framework of covenant.

I have membership in no particular church or denomination. I do my own study and do my own thinking. Can you say the same?

Right. That is the gospel call. "Many are called, few are chosen."
Right. ALL are called - "who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Those who are chosen are the ones who repent - "No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." and believe - And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”

Right. ALL are called - "who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Those who are chosen are the ones who repent - "No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." and believe - And Paul said, “John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.”
I don't think you realize it but you stated that correctly. It is the chosen who repent. Though I am sure what you meant is that God chooses them because they repent. But if you think that process through you will see that they actually chose themselves so that God could choose them, and at best that is a logical fallacy. Truthfully---it is an utter nonsense statement.

Back