• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What to be born again for

No. The way is how He accomplished His mission. That He came to save is what the mission was. He did not come simply to make salvation possible, though He did that, He came to actually save a people. Not potentially, but actually.
..and people who decide to believe the gospel are actually saved.

People who believe the gospel are actually saved.
I'm just pondering - if, by God's predetermined purpose - one is foreknown, predestined to be saved - why does one have to believe anything?

I'm just pondering - if, by God's predetermined purpose - one is foreknown, predestined to be saved - why does one have to believe anything?
It's that if God has predestined them to believe, they will believe. There is no other outcome possible. The grace is "effectual."

(not my belief, you understand..)

Because faith has to be in something. The gospel of Jesus Christ. because the Bible says believe and you will be saved. Because it is Jesus who died for us.

Because faith has to be in something. The gospel of Jesus Christ. because the Bible says believe and you will be saved. Because it is Jesus who died for us.
Then to me, scripturally, God's predetermined purpose/will - what He has foreknown and predestined is that those who believe, have faith/trust in Jesus Christ will be granted eternal life. I see nothing in scripture using the terms "irresistible" grace or "effectual" grace.

Then to me, scripturally, God's predetermined purpose/will - what He has foreknown and predestined is that those who believe, have faith/trust in Jesus Christ will be granted eternal life. I see nothing in scripture using the terms "irresistible" grace or "effectual" grace.
If you knew God the way you ought to know God by now, had you not been sidetracked by the presentation of a different God than the one portrayed in scripture, you would know that God's grace can only be effectual.

How does it make any logical sense that foreknown and predestined mean that those who believe will have eternal life. Eternal life is what they are foreknown and predestined to. Eternal life is not what is predestined.

If you knew God the way you ought to know God by now, had you not been sidetracked by the presentation of a different God than the one portrayed in scripture, you would know that God's grace can only be effectual.

How does it make any logical sense that foreknown and predestined mean that those who believe will have eternal life. Eternal life is what they are foreknown and predestined to. Eternal life is not what is predestined.
Christianity was predestined, not individual Christians.

Back