• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"Try The Spirits Whether They Are Of God" 1 John 4:1.

I accept and believe all of the Bible, not just some of the Bible. All of the scriptures that Calvinist embrace I also embrace. I just interpret them differently. The Gospel of Jesus Christ interprets all scripture. Without knowledge of the Gospel there is no enlightening.

And @Bladerunner will tell you the exact same thing. And a third person (like me) who sees and understands things different than both of you will tell you the same exact thing again.

So worry about yourself and your own understanding and let folks do the same.

I know.... I know..... you think you are saving them. Well, sorry- you aren't capable of it.

And @Bladerunner will tell you the exact same thing. And a third person (like me) who sees and understands things different than both of you will tell you the same exact thing again.

So worry about yourself and your own understanding and let folks do the same.

I know.... I know..... you think you are saving them. Well, sorry- you aren't capable of it.
Only the Holy Spirit can convict them of their error. The Holy Spirit is present in the Gospel. I have been a witness for Christ and his Gospel for over 50 years. Do you think that I am going to stop now?

Only the Holy Spirit can convict them of their error. The Holy Spirit is present in the Gospel. I have been a witness for Christ and his Gospel for over 50 years. Do you think that I am going to stop now?

No. I just think you should.

Paul said, "Woe is unto me, if I preach not the Gospel" 1 Corinthians 9:16.

Also Paul-- Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

You ain't Paul. Besides that fact, do you think Paul got everything right himself?

Also Paul-- Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?

You ain't Paul. Besides that fact, do you think Paul got everything right himself?

I teach the same Gospel that Paul taught. Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11, 12. It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The Gospel calls all doctrines and religions into question.

The main thing is are your doctrines and beliefs compatible with the Bible? I mean the whole Bible not just some of the Bible. Calvinists build their doctrine and beliefs on a handful of scriptures. There is nothing in the Old Testament that supports Calvinism. All of the prophets and patriarchs were justified and saved by faith in God's promise of a savior. No one claims that they were predestinated to salvation.
Isaiah teaches many times about the 'elect" and so it goes on...

Blade

Isaiah teaches many times about the 'elect" and so it goes on...

Blade
The elect in Isaiah are the Jewish people. God chose the nation of Israel to bring forth the savior of the world. There is nothing in the book of Isaiah about an individual election, simply because God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34. This appears to be a tough pill for you to swallow.

The main thing is are your doctrines and beliefs compatible with the Bible? I mean the whole Bible not just some of the Bible. Calvinists build their doctrine and beliefs on a handful of scriptures. There is nothing in the Old Testament that supports Calvinism. All of the prophets and patriarchs were justified and saved by faith in God's promise of a savior. No one claims that they were predestinated to salvation.

I would offer. All of the elected prophets and patriarchs were justified and saved by a work of God's promise of a savior. A labor of His love Or can be called a work of faith . . . God's . The law of faith.

Not the many that wanted to accredit the work of Christ working in them to both will and empower giving it over to their own selves in false pride. as if they had the power to see the unseen working of God in their own flesh .

The many. Not called or sent by God as the Elect. .

Mathew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Hebrews 6 informs us some in false pride or weak faith crucified Christ over and over exposing him to public shame as if one demonstration was not enough to forgive all sin.

Again only those elected called Christians (the few) Those moved by the power of God. The better thing that acompanies salvation .We have the privilege's to work it out being yoked with him our burden is made lighter .

God does not forget the power of new born again faith he freely give to us .He calls it the better things .. . . words that bring comfort, words to remind us of the previous things he has brought to our memories things he has taught us . He is our very confidence . Philippians 1:6 informs us .If he has begun the good teaching work in us he will finish it to the end. As Paul says ; what do we have that we have not freely received and if we have received new born again life .Why boast as if we did not? We must be careful how we hear what the Spirt is saying to the us as elected Christians.

Hebrew 6 :9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak. For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labor of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

The elect in Isaiah are the Jewish people. God chose the nation of Israel to bring forth the savior of the world. There is nothing in the book of Isaiah about an individual election, simply because God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34. This appears to be a tough pill for you to swallow.
All of Israel is not reckoned as "born again Israel". Israel literally meaning; He or she who wrestles against flesh and blood and because they are yoked with the power of God he overcomes as those born again. Believers overcomers.

You could say it was Jacobs (meaning the deceiver) conversion experience. Like Saul when converted to Paul

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Same with Isaiah 62 the new propmised name the father did name the bride. . . Christian. . . literally meaning residents of the city of Christ prepared for the bride named after her husband the founder Christ. I would think more befitting name to represent the bride made up of all nations.

Not all you use either name are. Wheat and darnel will be rightfully divided on the last day under the Sun

Back