• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Trinity

Jesus classified himself as a man (John 8:40). Peter classified Jesus as a man (Acts 2:22). Paul classified Jesus as a man (Rom 5:15; 1 Tim 2:5).

How could someone be God and not know it?
Hey guess what? Trinitarians classify Him as a man in His incarnation too.

Hey guess what? Trinitarians classify Him as a man in His incarnation too.
Yes. But they also think he is God. The "God-man." A one of a kind entity with two distinct natures. An aberation.

I'm curious if you agree with Blade, that the human nature of Jesus didn't know he was God..

Yes. But they also think he is God. The "God-man." A one of a kind entity with two distinct natures. An aberation.

I'm curious if you agree with Blade, that the human nature of Jesus didn't know he was God..
I think He knew where He came from and who He was---The Son---and exactly what His mission was. Because something is unique does not make it an aberration. After all God is unique.

Jesus didn't become an angel when he died. He still isn't an angel. He'll never be an angel.
Matthew 27:53 καὶ ἐξελθόντες ἐκ τῶν μνημείων μετὰ τὴν ἔγερσιν αὐτοῦ εἰσῆλθον εἰς τὴν ἁγίαν πόλιν καὶ ἐνεφανίσθησαν πολλοῖς

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Luke 20:36 οὔτε γὰρ ἀποθανεῖν ἔτι δύνανται ἰσάγγελοι γάρ εἰσιν καὶ υἱοί εἰσιν τοῦ θεοῦ τῆς ἀναστάσεως υἱοὶ ὄντες

Luke 20:37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
20:37 ὅτι δὲ ἐγείρονται (Verb - Present Passive Indicative - 3rd Person Plural) οἱ νεκροὶ καὶ Μωσῆς ἐμήνυσεν ἐπὶ τῆς βάτου ὡς λέγει κύριον τὸν θεὸν Ἀβραὰμ καὶ τὸν θεὸν Ἰσαὰκ καὶ τόν θεὸν Ἰακώβ

ἐγείρω
to arouse, cause to rise
  1. to arouse from sleep, to awake
  2. to arouse from the sleep of death, to recall the dead to life
  3. to cause to rise from a seat or bed etc.
  4. to raise up, produce, cause to appear
    1. to cause to appear, bring before the public
    2. to raise up, stir up, against one
    3. to raise up i.e. cause to be born
    4. of buildings, to raise up, construct, erect

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Psa 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
Psa 82:6 (LXX 81:6) ἐγὼ εἶπα θεοί ἐστε καὶ υἱοὶ ὑψίστου πάντες

If you figure that God is not limited nor a man, you come to a close approximation. You can know what God by what he is not.
We know who God by what He tells us of Himself in His word. But that does not explain how He is.

-----------o

God as a singular Being, Unity and Presence is what is essential, no matter how you personify, differentiate or fractalize the One God :)

God is One primarily, then extends out into numerical values and quanities to infinity being the source UNIT.....which includes the whole of existence, all dimensions and beyond dimensions, the whole of no-thing and every-thing is included in 'God', as there is nothing outside of 'God'. - If a trinity expresses 3 personalities (also aspects, modalities, expressions) of One God Source that is fine, if such a model is useful in your 'relating' to Deity, but 'God' is always MORE....being infinite 😊

floweroflife 1d.jpg

---------o

To believe or not believe there are Three persons of Deity does not affect salvific doctrine! Whether or not one believes in the Lord Jesus is essential doctrine!

I appreciate the concession you made to non-trinitarian Christians. I would, however, point out to our readers that those who hold and strictly abide by the Athanasian Creed don’t make that concession.

Back