• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Trinity

N

NetChaplain

The purpose of New Testament is to identify the Lord Jesus as the Son of God (because that’s His primary administration for salvation). Though the Three are equal in Deity, power and essence, They are in an order of authority (Father, Son, Spirit - Jhn 10:29; 14:28; 1Co 11:3; 15:24); as the One sending has more authority than the One sent (e.g. the Son sent the Spirit from the Father - Jhn 14:16, 26; 15:26; Heb 1:2).

The Son and the Spirit (Act 5:4) both represent God, but esp. the Son, manifesting "the fullness of the Godhead;" and the Father is the Godhead particularly, but all Three “equal” (Phl 2:6) generally (Act 17:29; Rom 1:20; Col 2:9). The "fullness," meaning the Son is the complete manifestation of the Father--or God, in all aspects, except authority; God is also "the Father of all spirits" (Heb 12:9).

Thus it is "Son of God" or "Son of the Father" (2Jo 1:3); Spirit of God or "Spirit of the Father" (Mat 10:20; Jhn 15:26; Rom 8:15). We see “Son of God” and “Spirit of God,” but not the Father of God—because God is the Father. The Lord Jesus is sometimes called God or even the Father (Isa 9:6), but it's in the sense of representing God or the Father, in order to show that the Son conveys all that God determines with His mind concerning the believer. The One sending has more authority than the One sent (e.g. the Son sent the Spirit from the Father - Jhn 14:16, 26; 15:26; Heb 1:2).

This also answers to the beginning of most of Paul's epistles: "Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom 1:7; 1Co 1:3; 2Co 1:3, etc.); the following passages also coincides with this doctrine (Jhn 20:17; Rom 15:6; 1Co 8:6; Eph 4:6).

The point is that the Father wants believers to see the Lord Jesus as the Son more than any other title, because carries the most significant relation to us as the One who only can save and bring us to the Father. Christians will be the greatest entity following the Trinity, because of being the only ones created in God’s image!

I realize this information may seem quite different to most, because I have yet to see any teaching on the Trinity in this way. It's just what I've come to believe during my 43 year walk in Christ. Of course, how one understands and believes the Trinity is not essential doctrine (essential doctrine is that which teaches how to be saved), so don’t think that however you conceive the Trinity can affect your salvation!

God’s blessing to your Families, and God be blessed!​

Greetings NetChaplain,
Of course, how one understands and believes the Trinity is not essential doctrine (essential doctrine is that which teaches how to be saved), so don’t think that however you conceive the Trinity can affect your salvation!
I will leave this judgement to God, but I reject the Trinity as a false doctrine. I believe that there is One God, Yahweh, the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings NetChaplain,

I will leave this judgement to God, but I reject the Trinity as a false doctrine. I believe that there is One God, Yahweh, the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God by birth, character and resurrection.

Kind regards
Trevor
To believe or not believe there are Three persons of Deity does not affect salvific doctrine! Whether or not one believes in the Lord Jesus is essential doctrine!

Greetings again NetChaplain,
To believe or not believe there are Three persons of Deity does not affect salvific doctrine! Whether or not one believes in the Lord Jesus is essential doctrine!
I disagree. The true Gospel is constructed from all the Apostolic teachings and the Apostate Church has moved away from many of these teachings Acts 8:5-6,12. The Gospel consists of the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, not so called "salvific doctrine", which is in its watered down version is come to the front of the Church and confess Jesus, otherwise the devil will get you and you will be tormented in hell for ever, as taught in my local Baptist church on one occasion.

Kind regards
Trevor

I disagree. The true Gospel is constructed from all the Apostolic teachings and the Apostate Church has moved away from many of these teachings Acts 8:5-6,12. The Gospel consists of the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ, not so called "salvific doctrine", which is in its watered down version is come to the front of the Church and confess Jesus, otherwise the devil will get you and you will be tormented in hell for ever, as taught in my local Baptist church on one occasion.

Kind regards
Trevor
The essential doctrine is that the Lord Jesus is Savior to all who will believe in Him!

The essential doctrine is that the Lord Jesus is Savior to all who will believe in Him!
The Apostolic Gospel was more comprehensive Acts 8:5-6,12, Acts 28:30-31 and they did not preach the Trinity Acts 2:22-23,24, Psalm 110:1, Acts 2:34-35,36.

Kind regards
Trevor

You still have to acknowledge that His Father is the source of our salvation and is the one true God.

This is the first step in God's kingdom.

Without the first step, there is no salvation.

You still have to acknowledge that His Father is the source of our salvation and is the one true God.

This is the first step in God's kingdom.

Without the first step, there is no salvation.
I understand why you say that, because the Son and the Spirit will not do anything apart from what the Father desires. But the source is all Three doing Their part: the Father sending the Son to save; and the Spirit establishing our union with Them through rebirth, being the Creator of our new birth ("born of the Spirit" - Jhn 3:6; 8).

I am not dogmatic on this issue as I believe that it is probably a matter of why they don't believe in three persons of deity---which is something only God can see. There could be many reasons for not seeing or understanding it, and as well, it could come from teachers with malicious motives and great skill in subterfuge which I feel (but feelings are not facts, thus no dogmatic view from me) the manipulated would not be held responsible for.

Yet one question remains at the back of my mind. If God is triune and Jesus is the second person of the Trinity come as one of us, would the non-belief in His deity, (a creature only) be the same Jesus who saves? Perhaps you can throw some light on that for me.

Christians will be the greatest entity following the Trinity, because of being the only ones created in God’s image!
To be created in HIS image is to be created as able to be HIS perfect Bride, nothing less, ie, not as animal or plant nor as evil or corrupt but perfectly able to make a free will choice to accept HIS marriage proposal.

GOD cannot create any imperfection so every PERSON created had to be in HIS image.

To be created in HIS image is to be created as able to be HIS perfect Bride, nothing less, ie, not as animal or plant nor as evil or corrupt but perfectly able to make a free will choice to accept HIS marriage proposal.

GOD cannot create any imperfection so every PERSON created had to be in HIS image.
Job 1:6-12, 2:10 ... poor Job disagreed with you.

I am not dogmatic on this issue as I believe that it is probably a matter of why they don't believe in three persons of deity---which is something only God can see. There could be many reasons for not seeing or understanding it, and as well, it could come from teachers with malicious motives and great skill in subterfuge which I feel (but feelings are not facts, thus no dogmatic view from me) the manipulated would not be held responsible for.

Yet one question remains at the back of my mind. If God is triune and Jesus is the second person of the Trinity come as one of us, would the non-belief in His deity, (a creature only) be the same Jesus who saves? Perhaps you can throw some light on that for me.
Hi, and thanks for the reply! If the Lord Jesus was not Deity in human form, He could not qualify for the only sacrifice possible; and only Deity is "without sin" (Heb 4:15). If one does not understand or believe He is Deity, that just manifests their ignorance of not knowing, but will eventually understand it if they believe if they are saved; could be they are not being taught by God but by self or another.

Back