• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Trinity

To be created in HIS image is to be created as able to be HIS perfect Bride, nothing less, ie, not as animal or plant nor as evil or corrupt but perfectly able to make a free will choice to accept HIS marriage proposal.

GOD cannot create any imperfection so every PERSON created had to be in HIS image.
The way I see it is that God knew we would be sinful, needing Him to be in us, not just with us. It's all part of His plan of salvation.

I am not dogmatic on this issue as I believe that it is probably a matter of why they don't believe in three persons of deity---which is something only God can see. There could be many reasons for not seeing or understanding it,
The biggest one is that the Trinity is never mentioned or alluded to in the Bible.

and as well, it could come from teachers with malicious motives and great skill in subterfuge which I feel (but feelings are not facts, thus no dogmatic view from me) the manipulated would not be held responsible for.
I don’t believe most Christians will be held responsible for their belief that God is a Trinity. It’s what their church taught them.

Yet one question remains at the back of my mind. If God is triune and Jesus is the second person of the Trinity come as one of us, would the non-belief in His deity, (a creature only) be the same Jesus who saves? Perhaps you can throw some light on that for me.
The Jesus who saves is the Jesus of the Bible. The Son of God, himself human (1 Tim 2:5).

Hi, and thanks for the reply! If the Lord Jesus was not Deity in human form, He could not qualify for the only sacrifice possible; and only Deity is "without sin" (Heb 4:15). If one does not understand or believe He is Deity, that just manifests their ignorance of not knowing, but will eventually understand it if they believe if they are saved; could be they are not being taught by God but by self or another.
Makes sense. Kind of how I see it. I was "converted" (placed in Christ through faith) several years and attending churches (traveled a lot so many) before one church addressed the issue head on. Yet within me I recognized Jesus as not created. As more than a mere man. A "sense" in me knew He must be God, and the same with the Holy Spirit, though I had no formal "definitions" at the time.

Hi, and thanks for the reply! If the Lord Jesus was not Deity in human form, He could not qualify for the only sacrifice possible; and only Deity is "without sin" (Heb 4:15).
Heb 4:15 does not say only deity is without sin.
If one does not understand or believe He is Deity, that just manifests their ignorance of not knowing, but will eventually understand it if they believe if they are saved; could be they are not being taught by God but by self or another.
People who believe in the Trinity or that Jesus Christ is God didn’t learn it from God, or the Bible.

The Jesus who saves is the Jesus of the Bible. The Son of God, himself human
He can't be both creature and God incarnate and be the same person. If you want to believe He is a creature, go ahead. I am not going to argue with you about it.

Makes sense. Kind of how I see it. I was "converted" (placed in Christ through faith) several years and attending churches (traveled a lot so many) before one church addressed the issue head on. Yet within me I recognized Jesus as not created. As more than a mere man. A "sense" in me knew He must be God, and the same with the Holy Spirit, though I had no formal "definitions" at the time.
Hi, and appreciate your reply! Yes, Adam and Eve were created beings, as the Lord Jesus was incarnated through "conception" of the Holy Spirit (Mat 1:20). He will be the only human with Deity (right now in heaven); all for us!

Hi, and appreciate your reply! Yes, Adam and Eve were created beings, as the Lord Jesus was incarnated through "conception" of the Holy Spirit (Mat 1:20). He will be the only human with Deity (right now in heaven); all for us!
The Bible never uses the word "incarnated." It's a term made up by Trinitarians to support their theology. No human, including Jesus Christ, will ever have, or be, deity. There is one God, the Father. He is the only true God.

I don’t believe most Christians will be held responsible for their belief that God is a Trinity. It’s what their church taught them.
the Bible is available for everyone. There is no excuse for accepting the false god.

I was taught the trinity by trinitarian but I read the Bible and found it is a false, made-up doctrine.

"God is one" is not even complicated. Jesus stated plainly that the His Father is the only true God.

Be honest. You were taught it by the JWs.
They made me aware.

I did not even know mainstream churches' core teaching is a trinity.

I am thankful that JWs made me aware of false god worshipping.

they are blessed greatly for their teaching of God is one.

They are the only organization that makes this commandment known to the world.

they are blessed greatly for their teaching of God is one.

They are the only organization that makes this commandment known to the world.
No they aren't. There are many Unitarian organizations out there.

Also, the JWs think Jesus Christ is Michael the archangel. That's not true.

Back