• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Trinity

“He became an angel when he died.” - post #243

From time to time I encounter people who tell me that they believe all human persons (the caveat being that they were speaking about persons who were, or will be, saved) become angels when they die. Until now, I hadn’t thought of asking them if they also believed that Jesus became an angel when he died.

“My dear little angel is in heaven now. She died in …” -> literal or figurative language?

Remember the character named “Clarence” in the movie It’s A Wonderful Life? Fiction, yes. Theology, yes.

Pet peeve. Getting our theology from movies and television.

“He became an angel when he died.” - post #243

From time to time I encounter people who tell me that they believe all human persons (the caveat being that they were speaking about persons who were, or will be, saved) become angels when they die. Until now, I hadn’t thought of asking them if they also believed that Jesus became an angel when he died.

“My dear little angel is in heaven now. She died in …” -> literal or figurative language?

Remember the character named “Clarence” in the movie It’s A Wonderful Life? Fiction, yes. Theology, yes.

Pet peeve. Getting our theology from movies and television.

One might say that he became an angel when the word was made flesh.

LOL. None of God's creations are explained in Scripture how they were created. God just said it (or breathed into dirt).

Honestly, I'm surprised you don't accept that Angels are created beings.

I don’t know what gave you the impression that I don’t believe angels are created beings. Whatever it was, I’d like to clear it up.

At no point in my life have I ever thought, said or believed that angels aren’t created beings.

I was talking with Mr. E about Jesus. My question to you was, and is, about Jesus.

I don’t know what gave you the impression that I don’t believe angels are created beings.
This post from Mr E.
Yes-- and in that embodiement, the message was carried and delivered by the messenger (angel).

My question to you was, and is, about Jesus.
Of course Jesus was created! The what, when and how is specified in Scripture. You know this. In fact, the details of the creation of Jesus is extremely famous, celebrated every 25th of December.

Mysticism not needed to understand.

This post from Mr E.

See my reply to his post - “Is the messenger (not are the messengers) created?”

The subject was one person - Jesus.

Of course Jesus was created! The what, when and how is specified in Scripture.

Where is it specified in scripture?

Those who hold an Arian Christology believe and assert that he was created before the creation described in Genesis.

You know this. In fact, the details of the creation of Jesus is extremely famous, celebrated every 25th of December.

Celebrated by whom? I don’t celebrate the creation of Jesus on December 25th - and the trinitarians, binitarians and the majority of unitarians don’t either.

Mysticism not needed to understand.

Who explains the creation of Jesus using mysticism?

Back