• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Trinity

The arrogance of those who think they know more and are better theologians than Calvin is mind boggling.
Ignorance of those who think Calvin, who endorsed non-trin to be burned as a spirit-filled theologian is mind-boggling.

The arrogance of those who think they know more and are better theologians than Calvin is mind boggling.
Did you ever think the inventor of Eternal Conscious Torment i.e., Calvin was arrogant, and a pathetic theologian? All theologians are pathetic, but Calvin seems to have eclipsed even Luther in patheticness.

Here you go:
Luke 2:
42 And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
43 And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44 But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.
51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.
52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

How, exactly, do you think anything in that section of scripture suggests that Jesus' father was Joseph until then? Or that Jesus thought his father was Joseph until then?

I provided my answer with scripture, which you claim to believe.

God gave people free will, Blade.
Come on.....your not that dense although you try very hard t.o project it.

1. Ok in the first passage,Jesus was twelve and they went Jerusalem because they had to be there for the feast of days

2. v43-44. One might think how bad can a parent be but to leave a child behind and not miss that he is gone...right-???wrong!!! Since all people of Israel had to attend these feast of days, Jesus had many members of family and friends that were traveling with them. They just assumed he was with one of them.

3.v45-47....When they did find him, he was in the temple. Picture this, a young child of 12 in the temple speaking to elders. unheard of. p.s. this and other places is where the"knowing Age" is twelve. I believe it is thirteen for girls

4. v48..His motherask him why has he dealt them (his mother and father) this way....This "Dealt" is a "prolonged form of an obsolete primary" (BLB)with 170 varitations. In general, the way she use the word, Why have you treated us this way. I use Mother and Father for until this day, there has been no mention that Jesus was aware of another father figure. Joseph who has legally adopted Jesus is for all intents and purposes the father of this young fellow.. r

His mother continues, "behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing."
Here we see that the father figure is indeed Joseph and both were "afraid something had happened to Him"

May I interject here: While God through Gabriel speaking with Mary and dreams leading Joseph and company out of Harod's killing spree, they throughout his young life were ignorant of GOD's clandestine uses of His Power. This is also true for the brothers and sisters as they also had no idea of God's true role in their lives. All of this is in the Bible so don't blow your stack that it is not there,it is!

5. v49"
And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" Here Jesus could not understand why they were worried and looking for him. In his young mind, he did not under stand that they did not know about his real father other wise they would not have sought me or worried about me.

6.v50-51..."And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them." "They" meaning both parents, father and mother could not understand why he was speaking of his father when in their mind, his father had just got there. In v51...Jesus obeys his mother and father and returns to Nazareth....Even when after Jesus discovers his real father,he still obeys his legal father. Not only does Joseph continue to raise His (Legal) son, he passes on all of his carpentry skills, the Jewish traditions and laws and above all the Jewish spiritual observances. Jesus did not start his ministry for another 16-18 years. In the mean time, even after Joseph dies, Jesus supports thefamily through those carpentry his earthly legal father taught him.

From what Mary said in the finality of v51.."
but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart." I conclude that the day in Jerusalem was never spoken of again by any of the three...The Bible does not tell us anything significant to change this viewpoint.

Jesus was a normal boy who up until the age of 12 did not know of his real father. He was fully human on earth up until his resurrection. From that time on, both his personification was that of a man, yet his last forty days were beyond the abilities of a man, but rather that of a GOD. In my opinion and many others, Jesus had abdicated his divine powers to that of a mortal man on earth and prior to his resurrection..In fact, this mortal man died for our sins. This Son of GOD, amen.

"God gave people free will, Blade.", God gave man free will which was demonstrated by Adam...we all have free-will when it comes to sin. we go into it haphazardly free will and all and have no hope of shedding that sin without the total irresistible Grace of GOD.

Blade

Who said God is supposed to save everyone?

Only universalists believe that.

God wants everyone to be saved but not everyone wants to be saved.
for those who believe that GOD is suppose to save everyone (John 3:16,their favorite), then in your opinion, heis failing and they cannot let that happen.

Blade

Don't think so.
King James Bible
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
If you believe Jesus is GOD, then His words before his resurrection came from theHoly Spirit (GOD). These words your speak,John 3:11....came from Him... and they say nothing more that I did...that He was still fully man until his death, burial and resurrection.

Blade

Come on.....your not that dense although you try very hard t.o project it.
Nice insult!
Jesus was a normal boy who up until the age of 12 did not know of his real father.
I don’t buy it. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said “don’t you know I must be about my Father’s business?” (paraphrased). He knew his Father was God.
He was fully human on earth up until his resurrection. From that time on, both his personification was that of a man, yet his last forty days were beyond the abilities of a man,
That’s because he was in his resurrected body and had been glorified and highly exalted by God.
but rather that of a GOD. In my opinion and many others, Jesus had abdicated his divine powers to that of a mortal man on earth and prior to his resurrection..
Yes, the belief that Jesus is the “God-man” is common. I don’t believe it.
In fact, this mortal man died for our sins. This Son of GOD, amen.
Amen!
"God gave people free will, Blade.", God gave man free will which was demonstrated by Adam...we all have free-will when it comes to sin. we go into it haphazardly free will and all and have no hope of shedding that sin without the total irresistible Grace of GOD.

Blade
No, people, even in their fallen state, can choose to believe the gospel.
The Calvinist belief in irresistible grace is false.

for those who believe that GOD is suppose to save everyone (John 3:16,their favorite), then in your opinion, heis failing and they cannot let that happen.

Blade
John 3:16 does not say God is supposed to save everyone. What it does say is that whosoever believes shall be saved. 1 Tim 2:4 says God wants everyone to be saved. But He gave people free will, and will not override it.

Nice insult!
I was trying to be nice to you, though you rarely let anyone that close.

I don’t buy it. Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said “don’t you know I must be about my Father’s business?” (paraphrased). He knew his Father was God.
Yes, I believe that is what I said...at the ageof twelve, that day, He became aware of his Father was GOD.
That’s because he was in his resurrected body and had been glorified and highly exalted by God.
You keep saying highly exalted..How High...Satan is higher than man simply because he is a angel. There are the four beast that are also created and high above mankind. So how highly exalted is HE to you.

Yes, the belief that Jesus is the “God-man” is common. I don’t believe it.
fully man and fully GOD! for in Rev 6; 'for no man could open the seal' for only one type of man could open the seal. One that could and did pay for the sins of mankind. The Redeemer, is the only man who can open up the seal and His name is JesusChrist.
Amen!

No, people, even in their fallen state, can choose to believe the gospel.
The Calvinist belief in irresistible grace is false.
well, since you disbelieve,let me put another crack into the bubble you have made around yourself. God not only does everything for the salvation of man, he also chooses the time that salvation will occur. It might be early in the life of a young person or like me, it might be at the latter stages of life that He brings his glorious gift of salvation on those that believe. Believing that Jesus is NOT GOD is NOT BELIEVING

Blade

John 3:16 does not say God is supposed to save everyone. What it does say is that whosoever believes shall be saved. 1 Tim 2:4 says God wants everyone to be saved. But He gave people free will, and will not override it.
you are changing your tune....you getting a little closer...now if we could work on the fact that Jesus is GOD........

Blade

Ignorance of those who think Calvin, who endorsed non-trin to be burned as a spirit-filled theologian is mind-boggling.
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't make that person inept at their craft. You have no idea of the intellect or mindset of Calvin. I challenge you to come up with even one sentence that is as well crafted and thought through as any of the reformers. You base your entire opinion of him on the fact that according to the law of the land at the time when he was alive, he had a heretic killed. And you love the heretic. What kind of intellect and reasoning is that?

Back