• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus' God

Because Jesus Christ is YHWH, ALMIGHTY GOD!
1 Cor 8:6. John 8:40; 17:3. 1 Tim 2:5. Rom 5:15. Acts 2:22. Just read them for what they say, and please don’t link to your highly biased studies.

1 Cor 8:6. John 8:40; 17:3. 1 Tim 2:5. Rom 5:15. Acts 2:22. Just read them for what they say, and please don’t link to your highly biased studies.

now read this and try to see if Jesus Christ is not YHWH

Matthew 11:10 Luke 7:27

“οὗτός ἐστιν περὶ οὗ γέγραπται. Ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἀποστέλλω τὸν ἄγγελόν μου πρὸ προσώπου σου, ὃς κατασκευάσει τὴν ὁδόν σου ἔμπροσθέν σου”

“For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee” (KJV)

Mark 1:2-3

“As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight”

“Ἰδοὺ ἀποστέλλω τὸν ἄγγελόν μου πρὸ προσώπου σου, ὃς κατασκευάσει τὴν ὁδόν σου”

The words of Jesus Christ are neither from the Hebrew Old Testament, nor the Greek Version (LXX) of the Old Testament. It is a free translation from the Hebrew, by The Lord Jesus Himself. The words in the Gospels are from Malachi 3:1, and Exodus 23:20, and Mark also has Isaiah 40:3.

Malachi 3:1

“Behold, Me (הִנְנִי) One sending My messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me (לְפָנָי), and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the Messenger of the Covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, He shall come, saith the LORD of hosts”

“ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἐξαποστέλλω τὸν ἄγγελόν μου, καὶ ἐπιβλέψεται ὁδὸν πρὸ προσώπου μου…λέγει κύριος παντοκράτωρ” (Greek Septuagint Old Testament. LXX)

“Behold, I send forth my messenger, and he shall survey the way before me..Says The Lord Almighty”

Exodus 23:20

“Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee on the way, and to bring thee unto the place which I have prepared” (Leeser)

“Καὶ ἰδοὺ ἐγὼ ἀποστέλλω τὸν ἄγγελόν μου πρὸ προσώπου σου, ἵνα φυλάξῃ σε ἐν τῇ ὁδῷ, ὅπως εἰσαγάγῃ σε εἰς τὴν γῆν, ἣν ἡτοίμασά σοι” (LXX)

“And, behold, I send my angel before thy face, that he may keep thee in the way, that he may bring thee into the land which I have prepared for thee”

In the passage in Malachi, the Speaker is Yahweh, “the Lord of Hosts”. Yahweh is here speaking of His own Coming, “prepare the way before Me”. The “messenger” whom Yahweh is sending is not the same as “The Messenger of the Covenant”, Who is here identified as “'âdôn”, the same Hebrew word used in Psalm 110:1, “Yahweh said to Adoni”. A word which is used many times in the Hebrew Old Testament, for Almighty God (Exodus 23:17; 34:23; Deuteronomy 10:17; Joshua 3:11, 13; Isaiah 1:24, 3:1, 10:16, 10:33, 19:4; Psalm 97:5; 136:3; Zechariah 4:14, 5:5, etc)

In the quotations in the New Testament, Jesus has changed, “before Me (לְפָנָי, μου)”, to, “before thee (σου)”. By doing this, Jesus here is the Speaker of Malachi 3:1, Who is speaking about His own Coming, as Yahweh. The “'âdôn” in this verse is the equivalent as “Yahweh”, yet distinct from Him. Jesus here makes John the Baptist to be the one who went “before Him”, to “prepare His Way”. Jesus here clearly identifies Himself as Yahweh, and asserts His own Deity as the God of the Old Testament.

In the passage in Mark’s Gospel (also, Matthew 3:3; Luke 3:4-5; John 1:23) , he also has a quote from Isaiah 40:3, which reads:

“The voice of him that cries in the wilderness, Prepare ye the Way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a Highway for our God”

“A voice cries out, “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, and in the desert make a smooth highway for our God” (DSS)

The quotes in the Gospels as a fulfilment of the Prophecy of Isaiah in John the Baptist, is yet another testimony to the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. The passage in Isaiah has “Prepare ye the Way of the LORD”, which is the Name Yahweh, which here in the Gospels is applied to Jesus Christ. In Malachi 4:5-6, it says:

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse”

In Matthew 11:13-14, Jesus identifies John the Baptist as “Elijah” the Prophet, “For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John, and if you are willing to accept it, he is Elijah who is to come”. Who is a “type” of Elijah, and not the actual Prophet himself. John the Baptist was the Forerunner of Jesus Christ, Who is identified as Yahweh.

Well I agree with you in general, and there are some untruths spread by both trinitarian and non-trinitarian churches. I would say the majority of them are from the trinitarian side though.

Now the salvation doctrines, that is another kettle of fish. And there are definitely a few of them that cross over both lanes.

And then most folks assume they know your salvation doctrine because it sounds like this label or that one, and they have thought they heard it before. This is an area that also causes much confusion and needless heated discussions. Folks assume too much and are ready to label someone, even when they just hear a few words...not good. Then the accused spends loads of time trying to persuade the labeler they are wrong...etc.

Though the main topic in your thread I'm on board with....no 3-g -in one for me
Now, since you know the correct views and are able to judge all of these untruths that the ignorant Christians around you are spreading, it would seem that your mission should be to enlighten all of us with the correct and proper beliefs. You should be standing on the walls of Zion blowing your trumpet and showing God's people their transgressions. After all it is a rare thing to find such a wise and knowledgeable sage that has the truth most others miss.

Take no thought of the abuse you might receive from the ignorant laymen but look to the prophets who expended their lives to give the oracles of God to the people.

I want to tell you why Jesus was loved by His Father.

Because His Father was of utmost importance to Him.

So much so that He claims God is one of the greatest commandments.

In fact, it is the first commandment.

but you guys fail to see that most churches, trin churches misrepresent His Father as a triune god.

the world believes the God of Abraham is a triune god.

If you don't know the most important commandment, everything else you claim is meaningless because God will not permit anyone to enter His kingdom.

Jesus gets furious when anyone disrespects His Father the way triune god worshippers treat Him.

This is a clear fact of trin churches' deception.

BTW, these facts are all bible-based claims. Not my own.

so don't tell me I don't quote the verses.

If you don't believe I quote the scripture, I can find it for you.

Just ask.

thank you.
So Jesus throws a bit of a tantrum when someone disrespects the Father? How does that work? Jesus must be in a bad humor all of the time.

Well if we have the wrong Jesus/Yahshua we mostly have the wrong God. And yes, salvation can then be false and a deception. And many trinitarians do believe in a false Christ imo... as a general rule then you are correct on this point.
How did you get to be so superior?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What seems to be confusing .The fact that the Son of man was the chief apostle chief prophet who delighted in doing the will of the father that worked in his powerless, dying flesh and blood?

Jesus did the will of the father with delight . He was not God. But was reckoned as Michael (who is like God ) an answer to the query. Again who is like God (no human)

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God (not the Son of man) which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

I think you do not understand my post at all...you have a pre-defined view on the subject I wager
You offered there are varieties of OSAS .

There are no varieties of OSAS, The apposing doctrine is "once lost always lost." (OLAL) No limbo or purgatory in between .

What seems to be confusing .
Many of the things you type.
The fact that the Son of man was the chief apostle chief prophet who delighted in doing the will of the father
Ok.
that worked in his powerless, dying flesh and blood?
Ok, maybe. But your choice of words is strange.
Jesus did the will of the father with delight . He was not God.
Agreed.
But was reckoned as Michael (who is like God ) an answer to the query. Again who is like God (no human)
Where does the Bible say Jesus was reckoned as Michael?
Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God (not the Son of man) which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Great verse. What's your point?

What seems to be confusing .The fact that the Son of man was the chief apostle chief prophet who delighted in doing the will of the father that worked in his powerless, dying flesh and blood?

Jesus did the will of the father with delight . He was not God. But was reckoned as Michael (who is like God ) an answer to the query. Again who is like God (no human)

Yet we find parallels such as the verse below. I think it is a lot more complex than most people want to spend time thinking about it. If anything God's law cannot be abrogated. This fact leads to very big conundrums for those interested enough to study them. But these do not need to be understood to accept the gift of eternal life. Their understanding is only for edification.

Galatians 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Now, since you know the correct views and are able to judge all of these untruths that the ignorant Christians around you are spreading, it would seem that your mission should be to enlighten all of us with the correct and proper beliefs. You should be standing on the walls of Zion blowing your trumpet and showing God's people their transgressions. After all it is a rare thing to find such a wise and knowledgeable sage that has the truth most others miss.

Take no thought of the abuse you might receive from the ignorant laymen but look to the prophets who expended their lives to give the oracles of God to the people.
Have you finished with all your thoughts or is there more? I might as well wait until you get it all out as I read an intense accusatory tone in your post. Is there really something else you would like to say, more specific that we both can discuss that might just edify?

Back