• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus' God

You know how I treat you who are dishonest about God and Jesus.

All your life you have been disrespecting God and Jesus.

Do you know how you have been treating SM who is striving to be faithful to Jesus?

You need a mirror.

The Truth needs to be told.
The truth needs to come home to you.

Kill off and put off are two different things. You can't renew yourself to be renewed is to not resist the Spirit's work.

No, we put off the old man. It is already dead. It died when we came into Christ. That is how we crucify the flesh and its desires. So the question is, how do we come into Christ.

The trials and tabulations will come. They come to all people on this mortal coil period. The message here is that we are not going to receive special treatment on this temporal plane until by becoming Christians. The trials have nothing to do with entering the Kingdom other than the ancillary affect of strengthening the faith of a true believer. It has the opposite effect on the nominal Christian.

I am saying that attributing our salvation and sonship to God to trails and tribulations is a faulty concept.

I hope you understand the critical point that the New Testament is speaking about physical tribulation.

This is the natural way. All people suffer. God uses it for goo for his kids. How have you suffered for Christ?

I am rejoicing in Christ. I simply look to Christ with a steadfast gaze because He has saved me and I love Him. Therefore I have nothing to fear as I abide in Him. Rejoice and again I say rejoice!

What have you suffered for him? I am not talking about the natural suffering all men experience. What have you suffered directly for Christ?

Your experience is very negative and dark. I do not experience Christ that way. Are you trying to earn your salvation?
No point going over line by line with your reply, or any future ones on this same subject at least GA.

These words of yours really made my decision, "Your experience is very negative and dark. I do not experience Christ that way. Are you trying to earn your salvation?"

Are you really serious here GA? And are you really playing opossum?

Does my experience in Christ that I have not discussed with you yet sound negative and dark? Or do you not want to believe scripture?
When you asked me if I'm trying to earn my salvation, it tells me you never really listened to my words in both posts. You must not really understand the subject I'm addressing then. Maybe it never crossed you mind before. I guess I have to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If you cannot or will not discuss the winding road that leads up to Christ's door you may not have entered through it at all.

And then for a new subject of discussion, a clear question formed from your own words, and since the current one is now 'lost' in transition and translation.

"What is the way you experience Christ, GA? This might be a more productive, and a manageable topic that does not required metaphors and a more detailed overall view of being saved, and being saved today into tomorrow.

No point going over line by line with your reply, or any future ones on this same subject at least GA.

These words of yours really made my decision, "Your experience is very negative and dark. I do not experience Christ that way. Are you trying to earn your salvation?"

Are you really serious here GA? And are you really playing possum?

Does my experience in Christ that I have not discussed with you yet sound negative and dark?
Absolutely. Where is the joy and rejoicing in what Christ has done for you. Did Jesus instruct the demoniacs to go and tell everyone how they suffered? Look at all the people Christ redeemed during his 3 years on earth. They are shouting leaping and crying for Joy. None of them went away to tell everyone how much they have to suffer.
Or do you not want to believe scripture?
When you asked me if I'm trying to earn your salvation, it tells me you never really listened to my words in both posts. You must not really understand the subject I'm addressing then. Maybe it never crossed you mind before. I guess I have to give you the benefit of the doubt.
A bit Condescending wouldn't you agree, but I kind of expected it. Our Christian veneer is very thin.
If you cannot or will not discuss the winding road that leads up to Christ's door you may not have entered through it at all.

And then for a new subject of discussion, a clear question formed from your own words, and since the current one is now 'lost' in transition.

"What is the way you experience Christ, GA? This might be a more productive, and a manageable topic that does not required metaphors and a more detailed overall view of being saved, and being saved today into tomorrow.
Condescending again. In the beginning I shook your tree pretty hard to see what would fall out. We Christians have pretty words but when it comes to being like Christ, the slightest perceived or real insult sends us into a tailspin.

Your response to me is very typical of the human condition. We are always trying to climb up above our fellow. Your post here illustrates that. If you can put me down, then you feel better about yourself. This is true of all human creatures, it is what the disciples were fighting about during the Last Supper.

Anyway, enough of that, I have discovered what I was seeking to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Grace Accepted so I take it this reply is your answer to my question concerning how you experience Christ. How lovely and telling of you.

This attitude shown in your words really busted up your strawman of my 'darkness and negativity' you created from nothing, and inferred it as part of my walk in Christ.

You do not know me at all, and your approach as it continues on will only reveal more about you that others. For some compulsive reason, you feel you have the right to interrogate. And then when you get any awkward resistance, you play Opossum. Well that is reality I'm afraid.

I would suggest you concentrated on the objective discussions at hand and bring about an edifying conversation rather that being obsessed about 'shaking down trees' and 'testing the spirits' as you said to me practically on day one. Not a great way to introduce yourself to a new member, aye.

@Grace Accepted so I take it this reply is your answer to my question concerning how you experience Christ. How lovely and telling of you.

This attitude shown in your words really busted up your strawman of my 'darkness and negativity' you created from nothing, and inferred it as part of my walk in Christ.

You do not know me at all, and your approach as it continues on will only reveal more about you that others. For some compulsive reason, you feel you have the right to interrogate. And then when you get any awkward resistance, you play Opossum. Well that is reality I'm afraid.

I would suggest you concentrated on the objective discussions at hand and bring about an edifying conversation rather that being obsessed about 'shaking down trees' and 'testing the spirits' as you said to me practically on day one. Not a great way to introduce yourself to a new member, aye.
Thanks for the deeper insight. I have been on this site and its predecessor for a few years now and I am pretty much an open book. It is all there to see, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Forums are created for the purpose of interrogation. You may regard me as your adversary or you may look into the well of your soul and ask why you respond to me the way you do. Am I your enemy? Then love me. If not then all the more. Your crooked path of putting off self and the old man has not rid you of an ego to be wounded or a pride to be guarded.

It is easier to turn on me than to face yourself. Yet that is where the only real battle is. I am words on your screen that is all. The feelings that well up in you are your own creation. You can't heal me or change my behavior but can you change yours? If you take the time to really think hard about our exchange, you will see that it has answered your question in a far deeper manner than is comfortable.

There is only one way through one man to God and that way strips you of all pride, value and worth until you either turn back or find only value in Jesus Christ.

Right now, you are offended, ask yourself why?

Do we find God on the winding road or does he find us?
King James Bible
But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
Galatians 1:15,16,17
15But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace, was pleased
16to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not rush to consult with flesh and blood,
17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to the apostles who came before me, but I went into Arabia and later returned to Damascus.…

Easy livin'

Back