• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Genesis 1 Comment

While it is obvious that we do not hold to the same Hexameron, for example your belief that the day in Genesis was a 24 hour period. I completely understand that a believer can believe whatever they want to believe and need no reason for what they believe, yet a believer is a person that has no faith. Of course believers believe they have faith but faith without evidence lacks substance; and hope without substance is not faith, it is believing. So would you mind clarifying the reason why your expectation is that a day in Genesis 1 infers a twenty four hour period?

The first generation of the heaven and the earth created as written in Genesis 1:1
God created the heaven and the earth.​

The second generation of heaven and earth were made as written in Genesis 1:7-10
And God made the firmament. And God called the firmament Heaven.​
And God made the dry land appear. And God called the dry land Earth;​
And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. Gen 2:3

Generation (plural), heaven and earth (plural) , yet in the day (singular) that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens.

Hi thanks for the reply. I would offer

A new creation not made up with the rudiments of this world, not rebuilt or reconditioned.

The day in Genesis was a 24 hour period. The same day he made the firmament called earth .Day four he brought into view the temporal corruption time keepers (under the Sun) winding down towards the last day under the Sun . Having corrupted the whole earth upon his glorious departure day three.

Follow the glory path

The sun in the moon the temporal will be absent in the new heavens and earth . It will then be 7 times brighter then His glorious presence during the first three day and nights. . .before he found false pride in the heart of Lucifer .

Revelation 21:1King James Version And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The sea represents judgement. Again not a rebuilt or reconditioned.

Revelation 21:23-25 King James Version23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there

The bringing together of the two lights to create a brighter eternal . The father the source and Jesus the reflected glory

Revelation 22: 5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Isaiah 30:26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound

Isaiah 60:18-20King James Version Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

Psalm 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

However, if he didn't know whether the one who was caught up to that third heaven was in the body or out of the body then how did he know that the man was actually caught up to a third heaven?

The earth one heaven, the sun moon and stars another, and last but no least the unseen faith or vision the new heavens and earth (dwelling place) that will come into view on the last day under the Sun. He knew by the prophecy. . not revealed not by sight .

What is there that is above that gives light to this planet shroom?
The sun, moon, stars, and planets that are in the firmament.
The firmaments here are (planets / stars) in the heavens above.
No, the stars and planets are in the firmament, AKA the heavens above.
My translation here is more accurate then all of the others.

Genesis 1:14
And God of the living ones said, Let there be lights in the firmament (Singular) of the heavens (Plural) to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

I checked the translation and the word for heaven is plural.
Your translation is fine, but you don't understand it.

Show me which bible verse you are referring to with that statement above?
Gen 1:
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

LOL, oh you understand exactly what was said. 😂 I'll make a copy of what I post from now on. 👍
Just proofread and form coherent sentences before you post will be fine.

Like you did here...

"The cloud that the LORD brought over the earth like a garment, is a open firmament.
Since your air tight dome has windows then you should see the gas pressure without an air tight container, but if you can't then......"

The foundation was swaddled in dark waters.
The firmament divided the waters.
As far as windows being airtight, man can make submarines with airtight windows and doors, why would you assume God couldn't do the same?

Agreed.

Angels aren't pagan. You'll meet them one day.
Hi stranger its a blessing meeting you from the eternal propmised land .

aggelos--- english translation = messenger (not angel.) How beautiful are the feet of those shod with the gospel of peace.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Leviitcus 25:22-25 And ye shall sow the eighth year, and eat yet of old fruit until the ninth year; until her fruits come in ye shall eat of the old store. The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with me.
And in all the land of your possession ye shall grant a redemption for the land.

Back