• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Genesis 1 Comment

You're no angel, Garee.

Most of the time the word means "angel." A spirit-being.

So you found a scripture where "strangers" refers to people. That does not mean every occurrence of "stranger" refers to people.
If I have a desire to preach the gospel I am considered a messenger .Like any apostle. "sent one" Abel the first and first recorded martyr.
Cain stayed a stranger to the promises of God .

All of the time messenger means messenger, a spirit being clothed in flesh. How beautiful are their feet .Like wings of a dove

1667694398904.png

Strangers is what we were before purchased by the Holy Spirit .A person must be born again

The word strangers as foreigners as a metaphor is used 198 times. It is used to represent all who come into the house of God the church . Jew or Gentile.

Obadiah 1:11In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreignersentered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even thou wast as one of them.

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Genesis 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

What do you think the word represents?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have a desire to preach the gospel I am considered a messenger .
But you're not an angel.

Like any apostle.
Doubtful that you're an apostle, too.

"sent one" Abel the first and first recorded martyr.
Cain stayed a stranger to the promises of God .
Abel was a martyr, but the Bible doesn't say he was an apostle.

All of the time messenger means messenger, a spirit being clothed in flesh.
No it doesn't.

How beautiful are their feet .Like wings of a dove

Strangers is what we were before purchased by the Holy Spirit .
We weren't purchased by the Holy Spirit.

A person must be born again
Yes.

The word strangers as foreigners as a metaphor is used 198 times.
They aren't all metaphors.

It is used to represent all who come into the house of God the church . Jew or Gentile.
No it isn't.

Obadiah 1:11In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreignersentered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even thou wast as one of them.

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

Genesis 15:13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

What do you think the word represents?
Strangers means people unknown to you, or not a part of your tribe or nation.

Hebrews 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers [someone unknown to you]: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Angels can appear as people, and have done so many times in the Bible.

The day in Genesis was a 24 hour period. The same day he made the firmament called earth .Day four he brought into view the temporal corruption time keepers (under the Sun) winding down towards the last day under the Sun . Having corrupted the whole earth upon his glorious departure day three.

Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? John 11:9
So how do you answer him?

.The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. Luke 6:40
But as George Washington said, few men have the virtue to withstand the highest bidder.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: Rev 21:23
1667698344364.png

for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:23​

As far as windows being airtight, man can make submarines with airtight windows and doors, why would you assume God couldn't do the same?
Shouldn't your question be why I would assume that your God couldn't do the same thing as man?

To which I would have responded that it isn't whether I believe your God can but whether you believe it.

However, I know and have seen airtight windows, doors and containers so if I was going to assume anything it would have been that your God would have at least told you that if you open an air tight container, it is no longer air tight.

We weren't purchased by the Holy Spirit.
What do you think you are bought with a price means?
  • For ye are bought with a price: 1 Cor 6:20
  • Ye are bought with a price; 1 Cor 7:23
Did you ask Jesus to save you from death and hell? Do you even know what you did that was a sin worthy of death and hell?

It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make inquiry. Prov 20:25

What do you think you are bought with a price means?
  • For ye are bought with a price: 1 Cor 6:20
  • Ye are bought with a price; 1 Cor 7:23
Did you ask Jesus to save you from death and hell? Do you even know what you did that was a sin worthy of death and hell?

It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make inquiry. Prov 20:25
If by “Holy Spirit” Garee meant God, then we were bought by the Holy Spirit. The price was Jesus’ blood. If Garee meant the gift of holy spirit, we were not bought by that. The gift of holy spirit is not a sentient entity.

Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? John 11:9
So how do you answer him?

The whole context is needed

I would offer the word day is used in two ways .One as 24 hours a day . The other in respect to light .12 hours of day light .

The reference was If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.(the Sun)

If by “Holy Spirit” Garee meant God, then we were bought by the Holy Spirit. The price was Jesus’ blood. If Garee meant the gift of holy spirit, we were not bought by that. The gift of holy spirit is not a sentient entity.
Yes God's Holy Spirit.

Eternal God is made up of three things .God is Spirit ,God is light. God is love.

Blood like water in various forms . Rain, dew, sweat, spit, mist represent the doctrines of God . His doctrines from above are gift to us.

Not doctrines of men earthly inspired of the spirit of error, the father of lies.

Abel was a martyr, but the Bible doesn't say he was an apostle.
It does not call any apostle in the Old testament an apostle. Apostle a Greek word (sent one or messenger) The Hebrew is Shaliach.

Abel moved by grace was sent as a prop[het with the gospel. His blood cries out from the ground like any prophet .

The father of lies a serial murderer from that very beginning.

Geneisis 4: 8-10 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Matthew 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

I would offer no person can separate the gift of a prophet from an apostle (one sent with prophecy)it all togethter one in the same work.

The word apostles as to its meaning with no other meaning added "sent one" It was changed by a law of the fathers (I heard it through the fathers grape oral traditons) .it makes all thing written in the law and the prophets without effect. Their meaning of the word apostles. means "venerable ones" giving them a false power to lord it over the understanding of faith of what they call non-venerable pew warmers or show watchers .

Its where we get the false idea of apostolical succession or apostolical time period. There are sent ones (prophets) in any generation

In that way they violate the warning used to protect the integrity of the Holy Spirit by adding new meaning to a word (single ).

The first of two warning . the other at the end of the book of prophecy (the Bible) Unlike the Deuteronomy warning one word , Revelation 22 protects the whole or perfect.

One word(singular) can change all the commandments (plural) . you could spiritual plagiarism. In that way we are to have no other gods before our one living God and Father. It is a violation of the first commandment

Deuteronomy 4 1-2 King James Version4 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular) that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.

It does not call any apostle in the Old testament an apostle. Apostle a Greek word (sent one or messenger) The Hebrew is Shaliach.

Abel moved by grace was sent as a prop[het with the gospel. His blood cries out from the ground like any prophet .
The Bible does not say that Abel was an apostle or a prophet or that he was sent with the gospel..

The father of lies a serial murderer from that very beginning.

Geneisis 4: 8-10 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

Matthew 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

I would offer no person can separate the gift of a prophet from an apostle (one sent with prophecy)it all togethter one in the same work.

The word apostles as to its meaning with no other meaning added "sent one" It was changed by a law of the fathers (I heard it through the fathers grape oral traditons) .it makes all thing written in the law and the prophets without effect. Their meaning of the word apostles. means "venerable ones" giving them a false power to lord it over the understanding of faith of what they call non-venerable pew warmers or show watchers .

Its where we get the false idea of apostolical succession or apostolical time period. There are sent ones (prophets) in any generation

In that way they violate the warning used to protect the integrity of the Holy Spirit by adding new meaning to a word (single ).

The first of two warning . the other at the end of the book of prophecy (the Bible) Unlike the Deuteronomy warning one word , Revelation 22 protects the whole or perfect.

One word(singular) can change all the commandments (plural) . you could spiritual plagiarism. In that way we are to have no other gods before our one living God and Father. It is a violation of the first commandment

Deuteronomy 4 1-2 King James Version4 Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word (singular) which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it,(singular) that ye may keep the commandments (plural) of the Lord your God which I command you.
^^ GareeSpeak ^^

If by “Holy Spirit” Garee meant God, then we were bought by the Holy Spirit. The price was Jesus’ blood.
A spirit means life force which animates the flesh. (pneuma; the breath) Hence the reference in scripture that the body without the spirit is dead. [James 2:26]. Thus, some say that there is no difference between the capitalized Spirit and the lower-cased spirit, claiming it was just another mistranslation by the KJV authors. However, the term 'holy" represents the divine and distinguishes it from mortal nature of the flesh which has a beginning and end. (Eccl. 3:2)

If Garee meant the gift of holy spirit, we were not bought by that. The gift of holy spirit is not a sentient entity.

Well, something taken is not a gift and if a gift it is not asked for.

A spirit means life force which animates the flesh. (pneuma; the breath) Hence the reference in scripture that the body without the spirit is dead. [James 2:26]. Thus, some say that there is no difference between the capitalized Spirit and the lower-cased spirit, claiming it was just another mistranslation by the KJV authors. However, the term 'holy" represents the divine and distinguishes it from mortal nature of the flesh which has a beginning and end. (Eccl. 3:2)
One of the names for God is "the Holy Spirit" (Acts 5:3-4).
The gift given to people when they believe the gospel is also called "the holy spirit" (Acts 2:38).

Well, something taken is not a gift and if a gift it is not asked for.
?

Back