• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Genesis 1 Comment

One of the names for God is "the Holy Spirit" (Acts 5:3-4).
The gift given to people when they believe the gospel is also called "the holy spirit" (Acts 2:38).

?
Yahwah has only one personal name, all the the others He is called by are titles.

All of the names are titles or attributes. God has no name as we do today other than God
Yahwah
A note on the words hawah and hayah.

Quote from pages 217 and 218 of the Brown-Driver-Briggs. Ref # 3068-69, on page 217.

Brown-Driver-Briggs on page 218 states that, Quote: "Many recent scholars explain יהוה‎ as Hiph. of הוה equals היה "

הוה hawah. HWH is hawah.
היה hayah. HYH is hayah.
Note that the vowels are " a."
יהוה Yahwah

The vowels are "a" in the Brown-Driver-Briggs, also in the NIV Exhaustive Concordance, and the Strong's Exhaustive Concordances.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

During the Babylonian captivity the Hebrew language spoken by the Jews was replaced by the Aramaic language of their Babylonian captors. Aramaic was closely related to Hebrew, and while sharing many vocabulary words in common, they contained some words that sounded the same or similar but had other meanings.
In Aramaic, the Hebrew word for “blaspheme” used in Leviticus 24:16, “Anyone who blasphemes the name of Yahwah must be put to death” began to be interpreted as “pronounce” rather than “blaspheme”. When the Jews began speaking Aramaic, this verse was misunderstood to mean, “Anyone who pronounces the name of Yahwah must be put to death.” Since then observant Jews have maintained the custom of not pronouncing the name. This also lead to some believing that God's name is not pronounceable.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Jeremiah 23:27.
Through their dreams that they tell one another, they make plans to cause My people to forget My name as their fathers forgot My name through Baal worship.

My translation
Through their imaginings that they tell each other, they made plans to cause my people to forget my name, like their forefathers forgot my name through Baal worship.

Some Biblical theophoric names end in ia(h) or yah as shortened forms of Yahwah: That points to the vowels being "a".

Pronouncing the Name of God
Nothing in the Bible prohibits a person from pronouncing the name of God. It is evident from scripture that God's name was pronounced routinely. Many common Hebrew names contain "Yah" and "ia(h)" parts of God's name. For an example the name Jeremiah ends in "ah." The Name Yahwah was pronounced as part of daily services in the Temple.

There is no prohibition against pronouncing the name in ancient times. As a matter of fact, the Mishnah recommends using God's name as a routine greeting to a fellow Jews. Berakhot 9:5.
However, in the time of the Talmud, it was the custom to use substitute names for God. Some rabbis asserted that a person who pronounces Yahwah according to its letters (instead of using a substitute) has no place in the world to come, and should be put to death for pronouncing the name.

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, Quote: "One cuts out the reference to the divine name which are in them [the Christian writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah, [John] and he who hated scholars and their disciples; [Yahshua] and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."
According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians.

Wilhelm Bacher en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Bacher

Note: The person who proclaimed the coming was John the Baptist, and it was Yahshua who spoke against the scholars of the law. The scholars were the scribes or Pharisees.

And so it is an established fact, the disciples of Yahshua did write the holy name of God into the New Testament.

Honor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

However, I know and have seen airtight windows, doors and containers so if I was going to assume anything it would have been that your God would have at least told you that if you open an air tight container, it is no longer air tight.
So then still no proof of air pressure without a container.
Which would violate the second law of thermodynamics.

So then still no proof of air pressure without a container.
Nope, can't prove that air pressure exists without a container cause you don't comprehend that air pressure and compressed air are not the same thing. You remind me as being one of the guys in Luke 22:63-64 who didn't know the difference between a prophet and psychic.

Nope, can't prove that air pressure exists without a container cause you don't comprehend that air pressure and compressed air are not the same thing. You remind me as being one of the guys in Luke 22:63-64 who didn't know the difference between a prophet and psychic.
No, the reason you can't prove air pressure without a container is because you can't measure it without containment.

Because you can't demonstrate a container that has two different values for the pressure of its contents at the same time.

Because you can't demonstrate a container that has two different values for the pressure of its contents at the same time.
All one has to do is monitor what's going on inside the container.

Back