• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Does God Love You Personally?

From my personal perspective, @Grace Accepted

It is a two way street for the Christian.

God is desiring to interact and hear from us.
It is up to the individual whether or not we are going to interact and talk to him, and seek out him in his word, and learn about the Lord Jesus Christ.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

From my personal perspective, @Grace Accepted

It is a two way street for the Christian.

God is desiring to interact and hear from us.
It is up to the individual whether or not we are going to interact and talk to him, and seek out him in his word, and learn about the Lord Jesus Christ.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher
Perhaps, all I really know is that he left the 99 and came out and sought me in the sewer of sin.

Praise God, my friend, Grace accepted.

What the scripture says is this: faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Thank God for what the Lord Jesus Christ has done that we may experience grace, and have our sins paid for and that we can have newness of life by the Holy Spirit.

It is nice to have a brother in Christ like yourself, sir and hope you have a good rest of your day.

In love,
Matthew Gallagher

Ps If any of you need anything please feel free to pm.
@Grace Accepted @God's Truth @meshak @Ted T (thank you for sharing some of your testimony of life), anyone else that may have posted, I will responded if I have the time.

God bless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it should not be a surprise, it always comes as one when someone espousing a way to "get" saved cannot tell you if they are saved or not. Even more surprising is that some of them cannot even utter or type the words, "God loves me personally."

What is your testimony? Does God Love You?

If so in what ways has He demonstrated His love to you personally?

Love loves because it is love. In that love is all salvation and wholeness, in time and eternity :)

---------------o

You are welcome, may you continue to seek out the Lord, and trust and have faith that God is there to provide for you.

Also for all people here, give the glory to God.

in faith and love,

Matthew Gallagher
Who still needs to seek the Lord after they are saved and have him living in your heart?

Aren’t you glad God doesn’t wait, but seeks you out.
We have to seek, too.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

We seek God by getting Jesus' teachings in the New Testament, and we find him after we obey Jesus' teachings.

Perhaps, all I really know is that he left the 99 and came out and sought me in the sewer of sin.
The one He left to look for was already a family member, already a sheep.

We have to become sheep.

We become as sheep when we get Jesus' teachings and repent and believe.

Matthew 15:26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

How did those dogs become sheep?

They believed and obey God by repenting of their sins and calling on him.

The one He left to look for was already a family member, already a sheep.

We have to become sheep.

We become as sheep when we get Jesus' teachings and repent and believe.

Matthew 15:26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

How did those dogs become sheep?

They believed and obey God by repenting of their sins and calling on him.
In my case, I had no power to become a sheep. All I know is that I was lost and he came and sought and found me. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

We have to seek, too.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

We seek God by getting Jesus' teachings in the New Testament, and we find him after we obey Jesus' teachings.
Some seek him but others he seeks. Paul never sought Him but He sought Paul. At the root of it He draws all men, even those who seek him.

I sought his benefits for the longest time thinking I was seeking Him.

In my case, I had no power to become a sheep. All I know is that I was lost and he came and sought and found me. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Our beliefs have to line up with scripture.
What you are saying doesn't line up with scripture.
Before a person is saved, according to the Bible, they have been called heifers, goats, wolves, vipers, dogs, and pigs. The lost sheep who belonged to God before Jesus started his earthly ministry already belonged to God by faith and they are the ones who were called sheep.

If a heifer, dog, pig, etc, wanted to get saved, they had to hear the message, which could be by reading it yourself, and then the person has to do what Jesus says to do to get saved. They have to humble themselves, confess and repent of their sins, and believe Jesus' blood washes their sins away. They have to promise to die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.

Our beliefs have to line up with scripture.
What you are saying doesn't line up with scripture.
Before a person is saved, according to the Bible, they have been called heifers, goats, wolves, vipers, dogs, and pigs. The lost sheep who belonged to God before Jesus started his earthly ministry already belonged to God by faith and they are the ones who were called sheep.

If a heifer, dog, pig, etc, wanted to get saved, they had to hear the message, which could be by reading it yourself, and then the person has to do what Jesus says to do to get saved. They have to humble themselves, confess and repent of their sins, and believe Jesus' blood washes their sins away. They have to promise to die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.
Ezekiel 34:11
For thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out.

Psalm 119:176
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant,
For I do not forget Your commandments.

Ezekiel 34:16
“I will seek the lost, bring back the scattered, bind up the broken and strengthen the sick; but the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them with judgment.

Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Matthew 18:12
“What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying?

Isaiah 62:12
And they will call them, “The holy people,
The redeemed of the Lord”;
And you will be called, “Sought out, a city not forsaken.”

These verses describe my experience. Perhaps for you, it was different and that is OK too. God saves us individually. Our names are written on the palms of His hand.

Some seek him but others he seeks. Paul never sought Him but He sought Paul.
That is a rare plan. Paul still had to obey Jesus and repent of his sins.
At the root of it He draws all men, even those who seek him.
Jesus draws all men, but they still cannot be saved unless the person humbles themselves and repent and believe.
I sought his benefits for the longest time thinking I was seeking Him.
His benefits? How did you seek Him? We seek God by getting Jesus' teachings and we find Him by doing what Jesus says.

Back